Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Re: Projected 2017 Depth Chart - Pre-Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcakes & Football View Post
    Well...you can take Waller off the depth chart smh

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...2-16bd6fbce35f
    Wonder if they'll even keep him around. Between him and Boyle, that's a lot of fingers being crossed at one position.

Re: Projected 2017 Depth Chart - Pre-Camp

OP, Jimmy Smith is a RCB and Humphrey played LCB throughout college. To keep him more comfortable, I'm positive they will be keeping him on the left side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Damon Harrison got 5/46 with only 24 GTD, not quite 10m/year. (BWill got 5/52 with just shy of 34 GTD.)
    This is a part of the hypocrisy with which the perception of the team's way of operating. All off-season, I heard about how what Wagner was reported to be getting was too high of a jump from the year before. Yet, this is the type of deal they offer a guy who isn't even on the field every snap. Who doesn't even produce the way that Ngata used to.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

My attempt...

QB: Flacco, Mallett
    RB: West, Woodhead, Allen
    FB: Taliaferro
    WR: Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, Moore, Matthews, Campanaro
    TE: Watson, Boyle, Gillmore
    OL: Stanley, Lewis, Jensen, Yanda, Hurst, Siragusa, Urschel, Eluemunor, Wesley
    DL: Williams, Pierce, Urban, Kaufusi, Wormley, Henry
    OLB: Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Smith
    ILB: Mosley, Correa, Onwuasor, McClellan
    CB: Smith, Carr, Canady, Humphrey, Boykin, Price
    S: Weddle, Jefferson, Webb, Levine, Clark
    ST: Tucker, Koch, Cox

PUP: TE Williams
    SUSP: RB Dixon, TE Waller

Notable PS:
    RB Mizzell, FB Ortiz, WR Patrick, T Nembot, DL Ricard, LB Payne

Other notes:
    I fully expect a veteran addition on the OL at some point, which would push one of Jensen or Urschel off the roster. If it's at T, Wesley goes.

I think you could just as easily replace Campanaro with Reynolds, so take your either/or there. I think Matthews has a good chance with Waller's suspension now due to the size and ST ability he brings to the table. Word is he was making the team last year had he not gotten injured.

I wanted to put Carl Davis on but just didn't have the room.

If Lokombo's ST ability from Canada transfers, I'll put him as my dark horse to crack the roster. Think McClellan could see his way out if that's the case, but not sure if they're considering him an OLB anymore.

With out struggles finding an outside CB last year, I'm giving Price a spot. If Canady continues to take the slot job, I think they'll opt to keep him there. If Jimmy gets injured (again) that only leaves Humphrey outside on the depth chart.

Blog Entries

I really don't think Nembot has a proverbial snowball's chance of ending up on PS

He was IR'd last year, I can easily see him claimed if we expose him (ala Davon Drew)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I really don't think Nembot has a proverbial snowball's chance of ending up on PS

He was IR'd last year, I can easily see him claimed if we expose him (ala Davon Drew)
    The same has been said of so many other players though and a significant majority pass. Jeremy Butler and Victor Ochi weren't supposed to pass last year and both did.

Blog Entries

Even though the Ravens need Oline help, I wouldn't consider losing Nembot such a great loss.
    He's 25 (26 in December) and so far he's shown??? Size (6' 6" 320 lbs) doesn't always equate with skill... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is a part of the hypocrisy with which the perception of the team's way of operating. All off-season, I heard about how what Wagner was reported to be getting was too high of a jump from the year before. Yet, this is the type of deal they offer a guy who isn't even on the field every snap. Who doesn't even produce the way that Ngata used to.
    But again, Williams isn't being compensated nearly at the level of what Ngata would make in his prime right now, so from a salary perspective, the expectations would be lower for him as well.

And obviously there's a lot of flaws in basing compensation based on how many snaps you play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    But again, Williams isn't being compensated nearly at the level of what Ngata would make in his prime right now, so from a salary perspective, the expectations would be lower for him as well.

And obviously there's a lot of flaws in basing compensation based on how many snaps you play.
    Not when those snaps directly impact the outcome of big games. Ngata played far more snaps than Williams and spent time at all three spots up front. A team could try to catch the Ravens in a hurry up, but it wouldn't effect Ngata, because Ngata could generate pressure. Williams can't.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

That is a mother beautiful shot of it. Thanks

What grits my teeth is Jensen is standing alone at the outside of the line as his man has gotten inside the engaged tackles.

Jensen may (and I mean may) become a service-able center like Gradkowski developed into, but I think there are far better guard options maybe even down to the inexperienced Eluemunor.

I'm not rah-rah-ing Hurst, he is what he is, an inexpensive back-up who can be serviceable (except not at LT)

Somebody on the Ravens liked Jensen
    He was hurt his rookie year but kept on the 53 for the entire year .... I constantly wondered why they didn't just IR him and get a player who could contribute....
    He was activated for the last regular season game, so it worked out to some degree or other and he was active for the Pitt playoff game but not the Cheatriots loss
    There does come a time when you have to cut bait and move on, we saw it cutting Brooks, aBrown .... and my gut is telling me it is Jensen's time if he doesn't emerge as a starting C ... Jah Reid rides again
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ainst-the-Rams
    If you watch the film, instead of just looking at the snap-shot, Jensen pushed his man down to the ground. The player engaged with Hurst sees the man on the ground behind Hurst and Joe directly behind the man on the ground. The player then shoves Hurst over Jensen's man (on the ground) causing Hurst to trip and fall into Flacco's leg. It wasn't like Jensen did not engage his man. It was just a bad set of circumstances that caused the injury to Joe, not indifference by the OL.
    Last edited by Cawtious; 07-17-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add link.
    Got to keep the loonies on the path