Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Another List - Every Teams QB Situation Ranked

The Ravens are 24th out of 32. Flacco gets very little respect. All the reasoning seems to be based on last year and not a projection on 2017. Tyrod Taylor and the Bills backups are at #13?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...185432048.html

tarter: Joe Flacco (22nd)
    Backup: Ryan Mallett (18th)

A Super-Bowl winning quarterback and a competent backup not even breaking the top 20? Unfortunately, that’s the case for Baltimore. Part of it is health — Flacco tore his ACL in 2015 — and part of it is that he’s simply not producing as many big plays downfield as he did in his prime. Flacco’s 2016 yards per attempt and yards per completion were career lows. There’s some reason for optimism if Breshad Perriman can stay healthy and Jeremy Maclin can get back to his normal self, but Flacco’s favorite target, Dennis Pitta, was lost for the year, and he’s nearly impossible to replace. And at 32, Flacco’s not getting any younger. Mallett is a middle-of-the-road backup.

Blog Entries

Re: Another List - Every Teams QB Situation Ranked

I lol at Pitta being nearly impossible to replace. Also wth does he's 32 and not getting younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I get it. 2015-2016 were not good.

What have you done for me lately.

But we know why 2015-2016 sucked.

Trestman was bad.

We couldn't run.

Injuries.

weve also had very bad luck in close games (e.g., late defensive collapses, failed completions, etc).

Unlike 2013 and 2015, when our wr2 was Marlon brown / kamar Aiken, we should actually have a halfway decent wr corp now.

We should now also commit to the run more. Which we couldn't in 2013 (fat/injured ray rice, Gino at C) or were unwilling in 2015/2016.

So I don't expect to see the same results in 2017, and it will be GLORIOUS to throw egg on all the media's faces.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

lol pitta impossible to replace?? two words for you this coming season...NICK......BOYLE

Blog Entries

it's that time of the year - dog days = lists and rankings. Nothing gets more clicks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I get it. 2015-2016 were not good.

What have you done for me lately.

But we know why 2015-2016 sucked.

Trestman was bad.

We couldn't run.

Injuries.

weve also had very bad luck in close games (e.g., late defensive collapses, failed completions, etc).

Unlike 2013 and 2015, when our wr2 was Marlon brown / kamar Aiken, we should actually have a halfway decent wr corp now.

We should now also commit to the run more. Which we couldn't in 2013 (fat/injured ray rice, Gino at C) or were unwilling in 2015/2016.

So I don't expect to see the same results in 2017, and it will be GLORIOUS to throw egg on all the media's faces.

Pretty much this.

Like I said in the other thread, commenting on his health without acknowledging how much Flacco improved personally over the course of the season is just lazy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Pretty much this.

Like I said in the other thread, commenting on his health without acknowledging how much Flacco improved personally over the course of the season is just lazy.
    Of course hed never admit it, but in retrospect the knee really seemed to be a physical and mental drag early on. Especially with the ol injuries.

Speaking of being lazy, I also love how they shit on his low YPA as if that stat is exclusive to the QB.

Gee when the leading pass catcher on your team had two dislocated hips and is slow and averages 8.5 ypc, that just might cause a dip in the QBs YPA.

Also it wasn't like juscyck was busting for big YAC either. They aren't dynamic after the catch players, and don't help to pad stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Of course he never admit it, but in retrospect the knee really seemed to be a physical and mental drag early on.

During of being lazy, I also love how they shit on his low YPA as if that stat is exclusive to the QB.

Gee when the leading pass catcher on your team had two dislocated hips and is slow and averages 8.5 ypc, that just might cause a dip in the QBs YPA.

Again, laziness. If you're looking at a QB talent you need to analyze it in the context of the offense they were in.

Anyone who paid attention to the team and knows hit about football AND Flacco more broadly, knows it was a shit offense ofr him.

EIther way, these lists mean nothing. I couldn't care less. As always, Joe is going ot come and exceed the lists and we'll just hear the excuses.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

pretty lazy piece, but that's national sports writers for you who have no feel of small market teams like B'More.

no excuse, it's not like he was coming off a major injury or anything.

Man, the season cannot get here soon enough!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol pitta impossible to replace?? two words for you this coming season...NICK......BOYLE
    smoove, I know you'll be Boyleing mad if he doesn't get the starting spot.
    I think he will just in the Nick of time... Bc