McCrary
    Boulware
    JO
    Stover
    Jamal
    Ray
    Heap
    Reed
    Personally, I'd remove McCrary and Jamal without question.

I'd also remove Heap and Boulware, but I understand that I'm kind of a tougher "grader" on this issue than most.

I always ask the question, "would this guy be added to the ROH of the Cowboys/Redskins/49ers/etc?" and if the answer is "no", then I don't think they belong.

If we are lucky enough to have a 2nd 20 years like the first 20, I don't think the guys I named above would belong. IMO, it should be reserved for the best of the best, not for the "very good". McCrary, Boulware, Jamal and Heap were in that "very good" category - and that seems accentuated by our short history, IMO - but going into the future, as we hopefully have more and more good players and more and more success, those contributions will most likely no longer be recognized as that great because other players will eclipse them.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Dennis Pitta ROH?

Definitely no for Pitta.

There's several players I'd pull off, but I'm not in charge of that, so I wouldn't name names, because there's no one on there (except Byner) that I didn't love as a player...I just don't think they deserve the RoH.

Jamie Sharper Roh make that shit happen!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Jamie Sharper Roh make that shit happen!
    Why don't the Ravens just have a spot for "2000 Defense" ... Bc

I'm not sure why people have this idea that a team's Ring of Honor has to be almost as exclusive as the HOF itself. It's supposed to honor players who were great players, fan favorites and who left a mark on the organization (preferably with a degree of longevity). The likes of Boulware, Heap and Jamal definitely qualify on all three counts, and while I don't think I personally would have inducted McCrary I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I'm not sure why people have this idea that a team's Ring of Honor has to be almost as exclusive as the HOF itself. It's supposed to honor players who were great players, fan favorites and who left a mark on the organization (preferably with a degree of longevity). The likes of Boulware, Heap and Jamal definitely qualify on all three counts, and while I don't think I personally would have inducted McCrary I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it.
    That's the part that can create great debates, but also leave some fans scratching their heads over why someone is in and someone else isn't. We have a vague idea of what qualifies a former player for the TOH, but it isn't set in stone by any means. I get the impression that some fans think it somehow reflects poorly on the franchise if they honor guys that the rest of the fans outside of Bmore only consider to be "good" players. But it's the RAVENS ROH, so that should allow for some "inside" takes on what qualifies a player to be up there...or to be disqualified. CMAC is a great example, was a fantastic player for the Ravens for several years, but burned quite a few bridges(all of them) in his relationships with coaches and FO here. A guy like McCrary sacrificed his body for the organization. Jamal set an all-time record(later broken) and was integral to 1st SB as well as establishing an identity for the Ravens offense.

I personally don't think Pitta did enough on the field to deserve to be up there...but maybe they see his "never give up" on a dream attitude and the fact that he eventually did make it back, as some sort of special inspirational story that needs to be celebrated as a part of Ravens lore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Why don't the Ravens just have a spot for "2000 Defense" ... Bc
    That's an excellent idea

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Personally, I'd remove McCrary and Jamal without question.

I'd also remove Heap and Boulware, but I understand that I'm kind of a tougher "grader" on this issue than most.

I always ask the question, "would this guy be added to the ROH of the Cowboys/Redskins/49ers/etc?" and if the answer is "no", then I don't think they belong.

If we are lucky enough to have a 2nd 20 years like the first 20, I don't think the guys I named above would belong. IMO, it should be reserved for the best of the best, not for the "very good". McCrary, Boulware, Jamal and Heap were in that "very good" category - and that seems accentuated by our short history, IMO - but going into the future, as we hopefully have more and more good players and more and more success, those contributions will most likely no longer be recognized as that great because other players will eclipse them.
    Would you add Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    That's the part that can create great debates, but also leave some fans scratching their heads over why someone is in and someone else isn't. We have a vague idea of what qualifies a former player for the TOH, but it isn't set in stone by any means. I get the impression that some fans think it somehow reflects poorly on the franchise if they honor guys that the rest of the fans outside of Bmore only consider to be "good" players. But it's the RAVENS ROH, so that should allow for some "inside" takes on what qualifies a player to be up there...or to be disqualified. CMAC is a great example, was a fantastic player for the Ravens for several years, but burned quite a few bridges(all of them) in his relationships with coaches and FO here. A guy like McCrary sacrificed his body for the organization. Jamal set an all-time record(later broken) and was integral to 1st SB as well as establishing an identity for the Ravens offense.
    Yeah, it's pretty difficult for those criteria to not be vague. For me, I prefer a more inclusive ROH because I want it to tell the story of the Baltimore Ravens. The current ROH as it stands does a very good job of that, and the "controversial" inductees are still a very integral part of that history. They're Ravens through and through.

The only exception to that rule in my mind is longevity. Jacoby Jones, for example, is a huge part of Ravens history but probably not ROH worthy because he wasn't with us long enough. McCrary is debatable since he was basically one with us for five years and change, but again I don't really have any issue with him being there even if he just barely misses the cut IMO.

There are also a few other former Ravens who I would induct: Chris McAlister, Brian Billick, and Rod Woodson (I'll make an exception to the longevity rule, he was too dominant)

No just no.

I really liked Pitta and he helped us win a ring, but I mean so did Paul Kruger....

Okay that's a big of an exageration, but you know what I mean. The ROH shoudl be for guys with careers of excellence. Pitta had a couple solid years, but really was never that special.

No from me.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would you add Flacco?
    Flacco will go in immediately when he retires. There is no way you could keep him out. He already has (by far) every Ravens career passing record, and will likely hold them for a long time. He has a championship to his credit, and his postseason record is otherworldly. The only thing that would keep him out would be video of him punching a woman in an elevator.

Pro Bowler? No. Elite? Probably not. Ring of Honor? Absofuckinglutely.
    "Chin up, chest out."