Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Projected starting CB's

In an article posted on BR.COM today about Maurice Canady, it was stated that the projected starting CBs are J. Smith, Carr and Canady in the slot. Pees said they want Humprey to stay outside and learn the position and he would have to push for a starting spot.

If this trend continues thru training camp and Humphrey doesn't emerge as a day 1 starter, I consider the pick as a miss.

IMO, a mid 1st round pick shouldn't be a project.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Projected starting CB's

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    In an article posted on BR.COM today about Maurice Canady, it was stated that the projected starting CBs are J. Smith, Carr and Canady in the slot. Pees said they want Humprey to stay outside and learn the position and he would have to push for a starting spot.

If this trend continues thru training camp and Humphrey doesn't emerge as a day 1 starter, I consider the pick as a miss.

I totally disagree. Man, take a breath and consider that we have two veteran CBs (JSmith and Carr) on the outside, plus Boykin (young vet who can play the slot) and Canady (2nd year man). I think the Ravens will work Humphrey in slowly, as he should be, and not overload him from day one. He will be getting playing time, but perhaps gradually as the season progresses. This would give him time and confidence. I feel he will likely start at some point (this year or next) so patience is necessary to assure his pro maturity... Bc

Was Jimmy Smith a miss ? He wasn't a day one starter. Before any Ravens fan get disappointed it must be understood that a rookie cornerback development can take sometime before he is ready to play. If Humphrey doesn't emerge as day 1 starter that doesn't mean he was a project. If anything that would be testament to The Ravens depth and it would also mean Brandon Carr is practicing and playing well.

Blog Entries

I suspect every non-trueDL draft pick is considered a project by our DC who must teach him his system and get him to fit in
    Elam couldn't do it, Brooks couldn't do it, Stewart couldn't do it, Art Brown Couldn't do it, Correa admits his first year he couldn't do it
    What would make us think that Humphrey will be any different in peesville?
    He is a high enough pick that maybe, just maybe like CJ Mosley, but I really think our DC views draftees as his projects.............
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

I would love to go in on Humphrey, but I see the match has already been lit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I would make my case but they beat me to it. (BC and Jazz) (fuck multi quote or me) Ozzie wanted this b/c we were a JS (CB) short of the SB in 2014. He does not want that again. Hopefully we will not be in a situation where we are one TE short of the SB. Time will tell, this is a roll of the dice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You're going to be wrong on him as you were with Ramsey

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind this, after all you have to start whoever the best player is. I can't help but think there is a bias towards veteran players though, everyone should have the opportunity to start and should be done who who's the better player and not who's been playing in the league for the most amount of years.

Humphrey will immediately be a "miss" if he does not start week one? Wow.

Blog Entries

Do you even realise the % of first Rd draft picks even become starters, let alone day 1 starters that excell?

I was not a big fan of the pick at all, but this is a pretty silly take.

My issue is we didn't take Howard...not so much that I don't think Humphrey is or can be a good corner. I don't think Humphrey will ever be elite, but I think he can be a solid starting corner on a good defense.

I think Howard could be a Greg Olsen type of TE.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Go in on him the way you did Maclin? False accusations with no proof? Yeah we'd all hate to see that happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB