Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Is Suggs the third best player in Ravens history?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He was #2 all time lineman the last list I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can check out the Bleacher Report all time or you don't have to. But just a challenge you I've never seen where he was all time number two! Got a source for that?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

MSN has JO ranked in the top 10 all time but not number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Thank you for such a well thought out response. This was fun.
    At someone thinks that Yanda is worth some thought and not to be kicked to the curb.
    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816668

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    JO is considered one of the top LTs of all time at a position that is fair harder than Yanda. Yanda is great at what he does, but its easier to replace a G than a LT. JO is better in every way other than durability, which is obviously a big deal, but if you asked any GM they are taking JO

Sidenote: I forgot how injury prone the guy was. For all the hate Jimmy gets, its ironic that its never brought up when JO is talked about. Out of 144 career games, he played in 72. Damn

Edit* Something seems off here... http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2213/jonathan-ogden
    Yeah, something is really off there. I believe he played more than two games in our championship 2000 season.

JO played 176 of 192 games in his career. 12 of the 16 he missed were in the last four years, when the chronic injuries started. JO was a rock.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OgdeJo00.htm

Yanda also has missed 16 games, but 11 of those were in his second year when (I think) he tore his ACL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HotInHere; 06-24-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Maybe Bleacher Report needs to keep their asses in the bleachers where they belong.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    I wouldn't even think about comparing Yanda at Ogden's position no more than I would think about comparing Ogden at yanda's position. Your dizzying intellect is truly amazing. Should we start comparing Ray Lewis at free safety and Ed Reed at linebacker position? You have a right to your opinion but I'm not going to argue the point.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Sorry for responding 4 days later but I haven't been on the forum since.

You said "Ogden was mentioned but how is he any better than Yanda. Yanda with a hurt shoulder moved to the other side and dominated. Could Jonathan do that?". You're insinuating that Yanda is as good or better by that statement because he was able to move to LG and dominate. That his versatility is the deciding factor. My point is that Ogden could have switched at any time to any OL position and dominated but he wouldn't be switched because LT is far and away the hardest OL position.

I love Yanda, he's an amazing player, but imo he's not at the all time great level like JO, Ray or Ed. He's just a notch below.
    Last edited by Cj34; 06-27-2017 at 08:20 AM.