Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Suggs, Yanda, Stover or Flacco to Complete The Ravens Mt. Rushmore?

Joe Flacco 11 TDs 0 Ints in our second Super Bowl run including the Mile High Miracle. I could go Suggs here also. But having a franchise QB has made us competitive almost every year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Joe Flacco 11 TDs 0 Ints in our second Super Bowl run including the Mile High Miracle. I could go Suggs here also. But having a franchise QB has made us competitive almost every year.
    Flacco has been great for us, but you can't justify putting him ahead of an elite pass rushers who's arguably going to be a HOFer.

tucker!!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Flacco has been great for us, but you can't justify putting him ahead of an elite pass rushers who's arguably going to be a HOFer.
    Tough decision for me, but I lean towards Flacco only from the standpoint that Joe has been the first true, great (okay, good?) QB in Raven's history.

Plus - no one is trying to see a 300-ft tall stone carving of Suggs's mug...

Blog Entries

I just feel bad, because there would be more of an argument for Flacco if the team had a different philosophy to winning. The reality that he led them to a title anyway is amazing in itself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I just feel bad, because there would be more of an argument for Flacco if the team had a different philosophy to winning. The reality that he led them to a title anyway is amazing in itself.
    Werd - oddly enough, we won the Super Bowl without Suggs (for much of the season).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Only because Suggs has more years (2003 vs 2007) Yanda has been a lunchpail ever since he arrived

Only Suggs and Yanda have done that, admittedly Suggs longer ... Suggs started one game his rookie year in 2003, Yanda started 12 his rookie year in 2007

And Yanda sometimes with only one shoulder
    Suggs won the defensive rookie of the year award. He didn't officially start but he had how many sacks? 12 off the top of my head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Werd - oddly enough, we won the Super Bowl without Suggs (for much of the season).
    Suggs played every game for the SB run including the SB it's self. He also played on a defense that held Peyton Manning to 21 offensive points in Denver (in which he recorded two sacks). And Tom Brady to 14 points in Foxboro. This was coming off a ruptured Achilles tendon that many of us thought he was never coming back from.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    You can't compare 4 games to 13 years. You just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You can't compare 4 games to 13 years. You just can't.
    You can if one of those four is a superbowl victory and coupled with other great games in important stages. It has to be Joe and Joe could also very well end up in the HOF.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You can if one of those four is a superbowl victory and coupled with other great games in important stages. It has to be Joe and Joe could also very well end up in the HOF.
    Joe Flacco? Hall of Fame? Seriously?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    No