Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Perriman set for a break out year?

Most receivers break out their second year playing.

Since he was hurt his entire rookie year, this technically while his 3rd year in the league, will only be his second year playing. If he's going to breakout, you'd think this is the year.

He has all the tools. Just needs to take the thinking out of his play, and be able to just worry about catching the ball...and not route running and plays.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Perriman killed it in the Combine. His Pro Day was good too. This kid has always done well in shorts.

Now he has to translate that to the games. It's a mental thing because he absolutely has the talent to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Perriman killed it in the Combine. His Pro Day was good too. This kid has always done well in shorts.

Now he has to translate that to the games. It's a mental thing because he absolutely has the talent to succeed.
    maybe he can wear shorts during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I agree. And that's mostly what I think I'm going to see when I take a closer look.

The problem is that the mental piece may never truly disappear.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Well he didnt show up looking like Kelvin Benjamin so thats a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    maybe he can wear shorts during the game?
    I don't see why not. We could relocate the team to Bora Bora to keep him from freezing his leg hair off come winter.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Perriman is 100% in the position where we need a breakout year.

Anything less is a disappointment. I think he will, but it's far from a lock.

I'm going ot be rewatching the games now that the NHL season is done. I've been trying to learn to put together snippets of videos into one video. I'd like to do that and do a compliation of the "rise and fall" of BP's season to highlight different things.

I've seen a few people say he hasn't shown anything, which to me is BS and hopefully a video I can put some evidence together that also showcasses his concentration drops and why I think they can be cleaned up.
    There was a play where he ran away from all the defenders like they were standing still. Simply put, it was all the evidence you need to show that if you get him the ball in space he can be deadly.
    Surprisingly, based on his rep as being made of glass, he took some hard landings, on some tough catches and some misses, and popped back up. He did not look fragile in the replays I saw.

If he can be a 1000 yd, 10 TD guy this year, Ozzie will look like a genius again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Most receivers break out their second year playing.

Since he was hurt his entire rookie year, this technically while his 3rd year in the league, will only be his second year playing. If he's going to breakout, you'd think this is the year.

He has all the tools. Just needs to take the thinking out of his play, and be able to just worry about catching the ball...and not route running and plays.
    This is why I have (contained) optimism about Perriman and even Moore. I'm also glad we kept Wallace as a steady vet who already has a year's work with Flacco. This won't be an outstanding WR corps, but if Campanaro can stay healthy, then we can do some offensive damage... Bc
    P.S. - Of course we'd need an Oline too. There goes the pessimist in me again!

10. Re: Perriman set for a break out year?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    filthfarn has a new account.
    What's a filthfarn?

Quote Originally Posted by CodyJamesLutz View Post
    What's a filthfarn?
    To this day, we still don't know.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I dont see why he couldnt. I think if he plays 14 or more games he gets to 1000 yards