Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: Perriman set for a break out year?

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    From the Ravens website today:

"Mandatory minicamp concluded Thursday morning with a pass-heavy practice.

Quarterback Joe Flacco had one more chance to build rapport with his new targets before the team's five-week break leading into training camp, and the passing game looks like it's in a good place for this point of the year.

Practice was all 7-on-7 drills, so Flacco didn't have to worry about getting any pressure, and he spread passes around to all his targets throughout the day.

Wide receiver Breshad Perriman had a particularly strong day in the red-zone. He caught a bullet from Flacco for a touchdown and came back a few plays later to snag a touchdown pass across the middle. The success in the red-zone is a sign that Perriman is developing his route running to become more than just a vertical deep threat.

Perriman was arguably the team's best player during offseason workouts, and his performance Thursday capped off the last few months."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I literally hate these kind of write-ups, to me they mean absolutely nothing. I remember reading Jeremy Butler was setting the world on fire as well...Don't get me wrong, I hope its right lol

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I literally hate these kind of write-ups, to me they mean absolutely nothing. I remember reading Jeremy Butler was setting the world on fire as well...Don't get me wrong, I hope its right lol
    I agree with you. However the observations on Perriman this year have been fairly consistent amongst observers. I acknowledge there's hype, but some of it is coming from the players themselves. In any case, it's encouraging and better than hearing nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I agree with you. However the observations on Perriman this year have been fairly consistent amongst observers. I acknowledge there's hype, but some of it is coming from the players themselves. In any case, it's encouraging and better than hearing nothing at all.

I know what you mean, but its not like Wallace would be like: "BP looks terrible out there, that kid cant run routes to save his life."

Im intrigued on how he is going to be used this year. Getting him the ball in space should really allow him to make plays.

Difference is Perriman did this somewhat under the bright lights. I know i know we've been burned so many times by our WR draftees, but this kids arrow is rocketing upward that we'll see him perform well.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Yeah the reports get you. But anything positive on perriman I do like to say.

Still need to see it in September though.

I won't lie by hopes are up on the kid

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Usually these comments are made in perspective to actual expectations. Jeremy Butler was an UDFA so theoretically, his bar was much lower than BP's. Butler was probably was lighting it up compared to other bad receivers on the back end of the roster. With that being said, we need to see BP light it up with full pads and in actual games against other starters.

"A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    IDK, I dont see Perriman or Wallace playing from the Slot. I dont think we will use a lot of 3WR sets but if we do, Maclin will likely kick down to Slot.

Who covers the slot WR is variable on each team. I can see a lot of teams sticking with their nickel on "slot Maclin", and BP actually getting #1 corner coverage as his Raw speed is probably more of a threat this year than Wallace's.
    #3 corner doesn't necessarily mean lining up in the slot.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Usually these comments are made in perspective to actual expectations. Jeremy Butler was an UDFA so theoretically, his bar was much lower than BP's. Butler was probably was lighting it up compared to other bad receivers on the back end of the roster. With that being said, we need to see BP light it up with full pads and in actual games against other starters.

This is a very good point.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Check out today's video on Baltimore Ravens site, at least half of those catches are against Jimmy, the last 1 shows how frustrated Jimmy is after getting beat once again. Sure we don't get to see the possible mistakes he's made in OTAs but if he's making more plays like this then he is making mistakes then it has to bode well for Joe's confidence in Breshad making plays when it means something. Maybe Breshad starts getting the looks before Wallace when a play is needed, which is what we need Breshad to do in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    #3 corner doesn't necessarily mean lining up in the slot.

I understand. There are a decent amount of Corners who don't like to play without the boundary like Sherman. If Maclins in the slot, teams with a #1 CB who doesn't drop into the slot will be matched up on BP. I understand the thinking that Maclin will draw #1 coverage so BP will be running free on the weaker DBs, but I don't know how often that will be the case.

Its hard to imagine BP or Wallace in the Slot if all three are on the field.