Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Kouandjio

Re: Cyrus Kouandjio

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Hurst got thrown like a tackling dummy into our 20+ million qb Taking out his acl and ending about two seasons. He should have been cut that day and not even allowed to shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All too aware. Don't get me wrong -- Hurst is bad and should not be out there playing.

I'd start Hurst over Cedric Ogbuehi for one. Thankfully that 1st-round bust is Cincy's problem.

But this is about Cyrus Kouandjio and I don't think he's the answer to any problems.

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

This morning the Buffalo Bills released 2014 2nd round draft pick Cyrus Kouandjio, the former Alabama left tackle. Per Ian Rapoport, Kouandjio struggled physically & health-wise throughout his tenure. A once promising prospect derailed by injuries.

Here is what PFF & Bleacher Report graded him out as last year.

PFF really only grades a player if they are involved in the play, for better or worse.

Bleacher Report was more thorough. The guy who graded tackles is a consultant for NFL teams and a former college offensive line coach. I trust him & he knows what he's talking about. Here's what he had to say about Kouandjio

"In 2016 Cyrus Kouandjio saw significant game action at left tackle with Cordy Glenn battling injuries a great deal of the season. Kouandjio played in 10 games with four starts and showed significant improvement in his overall game compared to the small sample size we saw in 2015.

Registering more than 400 plays on the season, Kouandjio surrendered just one sack and 12 pressures. Kouandjio also showed good physicality, power and footwork in the running game. Cyrus Kouandjio showed the traits of a very good starting left tackle in 2016 and it'll be interesting to see if they throw him in the mix to compete at right tackle

That comes from Bleacher report, like I said talent and size wise on the right side he could be good but as a LT he would not be fast enough for that. Of course nobody agrees but I say just let him come in and compete. With a non guaranteed contract if it don't work you can cut him

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why not sign Johnny Manziel while we're at it. Lot of talent there too

How about Trent Richardson or Rolando McClain? Oh wait, we did try that
    Rolando actually worked out pretty damn well for the Cowboys for a minute. Cyrus wouldn't need to be more than a bandaid. And McClain's signing, and Richardson's, while not amounting to anything here, didn't hurt the team at all. They were reasonable risks at little to no cost.

Brandon Marshall had shown much more but, with a strong support network, has been able to get a handle on his illness and turn his life around. Mental health issues shouldn't have to define someone.

4. Re: Cyrus Kouandjio

CK actually played pretty well for the Bills AT LT last season when Glenn went down with the ankle injury. They tried him at RT prior to that and he was HORRIBLE. Sad thing is they actually brought in Jordan Mills last year because CK couldn't cut it at RT and Mills was rated the worse RT in the league this past season pass blocking wise. So NO THANKS.

Seems like to me CK's issue is non-versatility. He can play the left, but I don't think it is easy for him to flip to the other side. That's also part of the reason I think the Bills got rid of him. The mental issues, the hip injury falling in his home, and then the "naked" incident. This all makes him non-available, non-reliable, non-flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    CK actually played pretty well for the Bills AT LT last season when Glenn went down with the ankle injury. They tried him at RT prior to that and he was HORRIBLE. Sad thing is they actually brought in Jordan Mills last year because CK couldn't cut it at RT and Mills was rated the worse RT in the league this past season pass blocking wise. So NO THANKS.
    That part I didn't know that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post

Seems like to me CK's issue is non-versatility. He can play the left, but I don't think it is easy for him to flip to the other side. That's also part of the reason I think the Bills got rid of him. The mental issues, the hip injury falling in his home, and then the "naked" incident. This all makes him non-available, non-reliable, non-flexible.
    Are you saying RT is significantly harder to play than LT? I know the footwork is slightly different but that doesn't really make sense. He's been banged up most of his career, any chance that's to blame for his poor play prior to last year?

footwork is actually a big deal .its like writing left handed all your life and then trying to write right handed. Now with that being said if we sign him to a one yr deal he may not have time to develop that. So those options would have to be weighted

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    footwork is actually a big deal .its like writing left handed all your life and then trying to write right handed. Now with that being said if we sign him to a one yr deal he may not have time to develop that. So those options would have to be weighted
    Weighted against what? What's the opportunity cost here? What do we lose out on if he sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Weighted against what? What's the opportunity cost here? What do we lose out on if he sucks?
    Weighted when I say that I mean is if we sign him to a 1 yr deal will he have time to develop. If we sign him to a 1 yr deal it will have very little risk. but honestly I didn't know he had problems on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    when I say that I mean is if we sign him to to a 1 yr deal will he have time to develop. If we sign him to a 1 yr deal it will have very little risk. but honestly I didn't know he had problems on the right.
    If teams knew he'd be good next year he wouldn't be available. There are all kinds of other reasons that could explain why he struggled his first two years. He more than likely would never play for us but in our situation is worth a shot. Upside is way higher than a guy like Clady.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Rolando actually worked out pretty damn well for the Cowboys for a minute. Cyrus wouldn't need to be more than a bandaid. And McClain's signing, and Richardson's, while not amounting to anything here, didn't hurt the team at all. They were reasonable risks at little to no cost.

Brandon Marshall had shown much more but, with a strong support network, has been able to get a handle on his illness and turn his life around. Mental health issues shouldn't have to define someone.
    They were bad ideas in the first place. There are an endless amount of high pick busts who end up on the market. Signing them is a waste of resources. We've done much better with unknowns like Lawrence Guy and Cary Williams. With all the good players gone lets find someone like those guys

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They were bad ideas in the first place. There are an endless amount of high pick busts who end up on the market. Signing them is a waste of resources. We've done much better with unknowns like Lawrence Guy and Cary Williams. With all the good players gone lets find someone like those guys
    What resources did we waste?

Was it a waste of resources for the Cowboys in 2015?