Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Kouandjio

Blog Entries

Re: Cyrus Kouandjio

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    If he comes out and does well then they are brilliant
    Then are we and every other team stupid for not signing him? Tons of name players wash out.

Barkavious Mingo
    Jonathan Cooper
    DJ Fluker
    Bjorn Werner
    Matt Elam
    EJ Manuel

All were 1st round picks the same year as Jordan and either dirt cheap or still looking for work. That's just 1 round from 1 year. Every one was a big time prospect which is why they were drafted so high. It wouldn't be that expensive to sign an all washout team. By your logic you might as well

If he comes out and does well then they are brilliant
    Isn't that the problem with every decision though? Folks want to judge the decision AFTER the fact...I get it, human nature and all. But decisions have to get made based on the information you have at the time. Judging it later with sparkly 20/20 hindsight glasses on is easy for a 4 year old.

Again I agree NJ I'm not attacking the dude I want him here. its is about helping him that is what I mean by keeping him in line. he has a better support system
    Ray and Ed will keep him in line.

Blog Entries

He couldn't beat out a 7th rounder

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can say that about every high pick bust but how often does it work? The Seahawks signed Dion Jordan this season for that exact same reason. Are they brilliant or fools? Everyone else had their shot for months and passed.
    They're neither. Results based thinking is dumb. It's a no risk move, with a high ceiling, unlikely to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He couldn't beat out a 7th rounder
    Good thing here he'd only have to beat out a UDFA! (lol) (sigh)

Kouandjio is a left tackle only because of a previous injury affecting the way he pushes off with one of his legs. Kind of like how Yanda could only play left guard last year. He actually played very well last year and would be an insurance policy in case Stanley were to go down. He would not be able to play right tackle at all though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    And yeah, let's just find a legit starter no ones ever heard of off the scrap heap, we've done it twice before ever so it should be easy.
    Where is Ozzie? He's looking for Oline help here :

P.S. - the Ravens could sure use this Heap :

sigh... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Kouandjio is a left tackle only because of a previous injury affecting the way he pushes off with one of his legs. Kind of like how Yanda could only play left guard last year. He actually played very well last year and would be an insurance policy in case Stanley were to go down. He would not be able to play right tackle at all though.
    That's interesting. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    That's new info for me. Very interesting to say the least.

GOTA if they use the mindset of because someone washed out at one team it would be a one chance league and your done and we know that is not the case. plenty people have succeeded after a change of scenery or system

I'm sure Greg Roman has seen plenty of CK. If he thinks he can be better than Hurst, bring him in.

But make sure as shit he knows he can only drop acid from February to April.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Then are we and every other team stupid for not signing him? Tons of name players wash out.

Barkavious Mingo
    Jonathan Cooper
    DJ Fluker
    Bjorn Werner
    Matt Elam
    EJ Manuel

All were 1st round picks the same year as Jordan and either dirt cheap or still looking for work. That's just 1 round from 1 year. Every one was a big time prospect which is why they were drafted so high. It wouldn't be that expensive to sign an all washout team. By your logic you might as well
    Seattle signed Luke Joeckel from that draft as well - one year deal. Would any of us be happy with Luke Joeckel? My guess is no.