Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Jensen

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Lol, I was referring to Urschel who seemed to be doing it on purpose with how often he kept doing it, though clearly it was unintentional. Never seen that before from a center, not even a backup.
    If Urschel still can't shotgun snap, does he even make the team? I guess he could still be a backup guard.
    He has to. A team needs a certain amount of Olinemen, but the Ravens supply is inadequate at the moment. The Ravens cutting an Olineman is like telling this guy to lose 10 lbs :

Gotta cut out those fatty snacks, Bob... Bc

oh god

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    He has to. A team needs a certain amount of Olinemen, but the Ravens supply is inadequate at the moment.

Not so much need OLine, need experience on the bench

We lost Wagner, Zuttah, Ducasse
    If we add Urschel (13 starts) and Hurst (16 starts) to that number
    we will be left with rookies on the bench
    The only bench with starts is De'Ondre Wesley with 6 starts in 2015

2 starters with less than 16 games (Lewis 8 - Stanley 12) and one with 19 (Jensen assuming he becomes the C)

Inexperienced line has worked for others in the past, takes some games to start settling in .... but really concerns me when you look to the bench and if DeuceGoose and Eluemunor and Nembot are there, all with zero starts .... makes a case for a veteran, or Urschel
    I'm not going to say we are thin ... just we are inexperienced IIRC we had a game last year where Urschel, Jensen, and Hurst started (Stanley, Lewis and Yanda were out)

The OL is so unclear ... no idea how things are going to shake out not only for starters, but bench also ... the inexperience could really bother me if I let it, but this early I'll wait and watch
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Mangold is healthy and on the way. His rehab in March and April, including when the Ravens put on their glasses and spun him around was all sweetness and light. Adam Schefter said it was a done deal. Mangold thinks he is a star center who at his age can sign when he wants (or retire), and doesn't have to prove himself in late July in 100 degree heat going up against Brandon Williams.

Even with his injuries, Mangold has not allowed a sack in his last 33 games. What don't you like about that?

Relax and enjoy the young kids at C and RT going at it; we really do need for at least one of them to step up and play decently.

But your interior of Lewis-Mangold-Yanda is the ticket to success in 2017, and maybe 2018, too.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Mangold is healthy and on the way. His rehab in March and April, including when the Ravens put on their glasses and spun him around was all sweetness and light. Adam Schefter said it was a done deal. Mangold thinks he is a star center who at his age can sign when he wants (or retire), and doesn't have to prove himself in late July in 100 degree heat going up against Brandon Williams.

Even with his injuries, Mangold has not allowed a sack in his last 33 games. What don't you like about that?

Relax and enjoy the young kids at C and RT going at it; we really do need for at least one of them to step up and play decently.

But your interior of Lewis-Mangold-Yanda is the ticket to success in 2017, and maybe 2018, too.
    I really like Deuce Goose @ OG, and think he's going to be playing somewhat in his rookie year. He's 6' 5" 330 lbs and Ozzie/Harbs said they want to get bigger on the Oline. Plus, I picked him in one of our mock drat threads... Bc

I really like Deuce Goose @ OG, and think he's going to be playing somewhat in his rookie year. He's 6' 5" 330 lbs and Ozzie/Harbs said they want to get bigger on the Oline. Plus, I picked him in one of our mock drat threads... Bc
    I was worried about reports about Siragusa's pass pro, but am pleasantly intrigued by Pat Kirwan's high opinion of him. He certainly seems to be a first class mauler, and in that respect will fit into the New Roman Empire.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

7. Re: Ryan Jensen

I'm starting to see our O-line as most likely to be Stanley - Lewis - Jensen? (unless they sign Mangold) - Siragusa - Yanda (yup, at RT unless one of the others shows enough promise)

I see Siragusa on the right next to Yanda because they're going to want to run mostly to the right and Yanda can help him with his pass protection. That and not wanting to disrupt the chemistry Stanley and Lewis have already begun to develop.
    And Yanda is probably our best RT now.

Blog Entries

I'm starting to see our O-line as most likely to be Stanley - Lewis - Jensen? (unless they sign Mangold) - Siragusa - Yanda (yup, at RT unless one of the others shows enough promise)

I see Siragusa on the right next to Yanda because they're going to want to run mostly to the right and Yanda can help him with his pass protection. That and not wanting to disrupt the chemistry Stanley and Lewis have already begun to develop.
    Hmmm, an interesting take. In your scenario, I'd like to sign Mangold (if healthy) because it's important to have an experienced, successful vet between Lewis (who only has a partial year @ LG) and the rookie Siragusa. Don't know if they want to move Yanda to RT, but it's an unusual approach that might work under the present Oline circumstances... Bc

9. Re: Ryan Jensen

Hmmm, an interesting take. In your scenario, I'd like to sign Mangold (if healthy) because it's important to have an experienced, successful vet between Lewis (who only has a partial year @ LG) and the rookie Siragusa. Don't know if they want to move Yanda to RT, but it's an unusual approach that might work under the present Oline circumstances... Bc
    True, though Lewis already has some experience with Jensen in OTAs, training camp, maybe practice. I just have a feeling if Mangold is not an option, then since they want to power run, they're going to want Jensen since he was already a mauler even before he got bigger and stronger this off season.

10. Re: Ryan Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Adequate is better than what we had last season. Remember that he'll be sandwiched between a future HOF guard and an up and coming talent. You can't have them all great, not even the Cowboys have great players everywhere on the OL, their RT is about adequate.
    To dovetail with this, I believe that an overall "average" center whose strength is run blocking​, will far surpass the "adequacy" of Zuttah's performance last year. Why do I say this? For the very same reason many complain about our team, and Pees in particular. I think a new oline coach and Roman's influence on scheme will put players like Jensen, Lewis, Siragusa and - dare I say - Hurst, IN A POSITION to reach their fullest potential. Hell, I even have hopes for guys like Eluemunor, Nembot, Wesley.

I'm not saying that they're all going to magically become All Pros but rather, that each will now, because of their alleged strengths and what appears to be our decision to play to those strengths, have a greater opportunity to exceed expectations.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

11. Re: Ryan Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    To dovetail with this, I believe that an overall "average" center whose strength is run blocking​, will far surpass the "adequacy" of Zuttah's performance last year. Why do I say this? For the very same reason many complain about our team, and Pees in particular. I think a new oline coach and Roman's influence on scheme will put players like Jensen, Lewis, Siragusa and - dare I say - Hurst, IN A POSITION to reach their fullest potential. Hell, I even have hopes for guys like Eluemunor, Nembot, Wesley.

I'm not saying that they're all going to magically become All Pros but rather, that each will now, because of their alleged strengths and what appears to be our decision to play to those strengths, have a greater opportunity to exceed expectations.

That does seem to be their plan.

Hey, for once they seem to have one for the offense.
    How long have we been asking about our offensive identity now, since Rice was here

12. Re: Ryan Jensen

I made that same suggestion in another thread a while back, reminiscing about the time Yanda started at RT in the playoffs out of necessity, and didn't miss a beat. If they think Lewis' best position is G, I want them to keep him there rather than having another Oher situation wherein we move a young kid around and it stunts him.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if Hurst is given a real opportunity at RT. I know the mob mentality on here will burn the place down if that happens, but I went back and read his draft profile on NFL.com, and it screams right tackle. Not to mention, he's "been in the system" and been in a NFL weight room for a number of years, which I'd think would give him a leg up over some of the younger guys we just drafted or signed as UDFAs.

Regardless, it's all about the best 5, so I'm looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes, and reading Filmstudy's write-ups during the preseason.

Strengths

Very good size. Smart and instinctive -- understands angles. Good leg drive as a run blocker -- is tough and aggressive. Competes hard and flashes some nastiness. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. Alert to see the blitz and feel stunts and switch off blocks. Experienced, four-year starter. Works hard and the game is very important to him.