Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Jensen

Re: Ryan Jensen

So you're saying he isn't worth the cap hit or money he was demanding Guy was great but has a bad wheel and father time nipping at it. The Jets could have released others to keep him, but figured he wasn't worth the investment. Why would he be worth ours?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    So you're saying he isn't worth the cap hit or money he was demanding Guy was great but has a bad wheel and father time nipping at it. The Jets could have released others to keep him, but figured he wasn't worth the investment. Why would he be worth ours?
    They are going through a complete rebuild. He's a text book cut. Same as Marshall except I think Marshall had a bit of dead money. Mangold had zero plus I believe they were pretty high on their young guy that filled in for him. It was a 80/10 deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with the concerns. I have them too. What I do disagree with is the general assumption that Mangold would be better and/or the answer. He's still not healthy and he's getting older so that's going to take longer. I'm hesitant until and unless they see him 100% healthy and he can prove he's the better option. Until then, I'll take competition among some young, hungry guys who have potential unless an obvious upgrade becomes available. Not a "maybe" upgrade but a clear and obvious upgrade.

Blog Entries

First off, I'd love to see Jensen thrive @ Center (or anywhere else on our Oline). That said, he was drafted in 2013 (6th round) and still hasn't nailed down a position yet (?) When Lewis was hurt last year, Harbaugh moved Yanda to LG and inserted Ducasse @ RG. That tells quite a story. I guess it's still May so we can dream, but I'm not holding out much hope on Ryan Jensen... Bc

Yanda moving to LG wasn't a reflection on anybody else. He moved because the injury to his left shoulder was bad enough that he could not play on the right side anymore but he suggested that he could continue to play if he moved to the left and ask to switch to LG until the season was over and he could get the shoulder repaired. Dude is a straight up badass IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Yanda moving to LG wasn't a reflection on anybody else. He moved because the injury to his left shoulder was bad enough that he could not play on the right side anymore but he suggested that he could continue to play if he moved to the left and ask to switch to LG until the season was over and he could get the shoulder repaired. Dude is a straight up badass IMO.
    It's not Yanda moving, it's that Ducasse was chosen over Jensen (and Urschel for that matter) to replace him @ RG... Bc

Cool Re: Ryan Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It's not Yanda moving, it's that Ducasse was chosen over Jensen (and Urschel for that matter) to replace him @ RG... Bc
    I'll concede you that part

Wait, what is Jensen's contract status? Is he an RFA or UFA after this season? This is his 4th season, so he'll be an UFA, correct?

Pretty much guarantees he'll have a pro-bowl season, then leave as a FA for a $10M per year contract.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Wait, what is Jensen's contract status? Is he an RFA or UFA after this season? This is his 4th season, so he'll be an UFA, correct?

Pretty much guarantees he'll have a pro-bowl season, then leave as a FA for a $10M per year contract.
    Do you think he will beat Zuttah out of his spot on the Pro-Bowl roster ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post

Ryan Jensen signed a one year, $1.797 million contract with the Ravens on April 19, 2017
    2016 was the last of his 4 yr rookie deal

News flash for 2018 ..Jets sign Jensen saying "we had hoped the Ravens would have cut him for us last year when we tried to bait them with Mangold"
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Love Jensen's demeanor and mauler style. We don't need a broken down Nick Mangold.

12. Re: Ryan Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tbf he never had issues with snapping the ball, that was Urschel. I agree that it's the mental part I'm more worried about than the physical part at C.
    Lol, I was referring to Urschel who seemed to be doing it on purpose with how often he kept doing it, though clearly it was unintentional. Never seen that before from a center, not even a backup.
    If Urschel still can't shotgun snap, does he even make the team? I guess he could still be a backup guard.