Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Moore

Blog Entries

Re: Chris Moore

Doss was a strange one. Had great great hands in college and in his rookie year he actually made some great catches and looked better than Torrey. It's weird how he ended up having alligator arms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Tommy Streeter anyone?
    Moore looks like he has a better shot than Streeter.

I'm thinking that it's more like Demetrius Williams. Ravens fans waited for 4 years for Williams to turn the corner and become more than a spare part. The talent was there but it just never happened

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Chris Moore is more of a vertical WR with deceptive speed that can make big plays. If either Perriman or Wallace get hurt, based on his skill-set, I would peg him more as the next guy up behind them, than the key Slot WR the team is looking for. The Sword has anointed Chris Moore already. Thus, he is destined to overcome his rookie troubles. He is a slightly more polished version of the type of late round WR the Ravens go for (Although I know Moore was taken in the fourth, I was making a comparison). If he is forced into the slot role, I don't think you will see the best of him. If he steps into a vertical role to replace an injured Mike Wallace or Breshad Perriman, for the sake of example, I think you will see his abilities more on display.
    I think Moore strength is in a Vertical passing game as well, but I'm pretty sure he played a decent amount of Slot in College. That being said, most of his routes were still vertical.

I dont think he needs to be very productive. With the way our team is built currently, if we are throwing 25+ times a game, it means we are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    "They both run fast" is the extent of the similarities there.
    Agreed. Chris Moore has already shown he's way more capable of being on an NFL roster than Streeter given his knack for making plays on Special Teams.

I'll be finding out how good Moore is at the same time as everyone else w/o access to OTAs.
    I'd like to see a balanced pass-catcher seize the #3, but whoever wins the job...

If it is Moore though, without a very strong run game, I have no idea how Marty intends to exploit schemes and coverages with three linear guys that have very little nuance (as it relates to pace and CoD) to their games.

That said, the off-season sometimes produces wonders.
    Moore ran a great 3-cone last year, so he has the footwork (i.e., the CoD skills) to begin building that nuance.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'll be finding out how good Moore is at the same time as everyone else w/o access to OTAs.
    I'd like to see a balanced pass-catcher seize the #3, but whoever wins the job...

If it is Moore though, without a very strong run game, I have no idea how Marty intends to exploit schemes and coverages with three linear guys that have very little nuance (as it relates to pace and CoD) to their games.

That said, the off-season sometimes produces wonders.
    Moore ran a great 3-cone last year, so he has the footwork (i.e., the CoD skills) to begin building that nuance.
    perhaps our staff should be filled with people who can coach/enforce the fundamentals of playing football. Like footwork, chucking press coverage, route running....

He's got potential. We'll see how he looks in camp.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I thought he looked pretty good in the preseason. He dropped some, but also made some impressive catches on poorly thrown balls. He really didn't have any opportunity to develop timing and comfort with Joe, which goes a long way toward getting targets. I do remember one play, can't remember if it was preseason or regular, where he had the easiest walk in TD probably of anyone last year, but he turned to run before actually catching the ball. That was not good and certainly didn't help him earn targets.

I think the best case is he has a good camp, then continues to practice well behind Perriman and Wallace. Then, as the season goes on, he starts getting some of Wallace's snaps since Wallace will be gone next year. If, at season's end, Moore and Perriman are your starting outside WRs, that would be a best case scenario for the team I think,
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I thought he looked pretty good in the preseason. He dropped some, but also made some impressive catches on poorly thrown balls. He really didn't have any opportunity to develop timing and comfort with Joe, which goes a long way toward getting targets. I do remember one play, can't remember if it was preseason or regular, where he had the easiest walk in TD probably of anyone last year, but he turned to run before actually catching the ball. That was not good and certainly didn't help him earn targets.
    Regular season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    perhaps our staff should be filled with people who can coach/enforce the fundamentals of playing football. Like footwork, chucking press coverage, route running....
    Yup...and Bobby Engram plays a starring role in all of this stagnation that we've seen at the position.

He was a solid pro and he groomed Devin Street and Tyler Boyd pretty well, so I was certain that he would manage to produce at least one diamond out there...

So far, so fail...but he can do a lot for his rep if this BP and Moore OTA hype actually pans out.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

hope he stays out of the doghouse this year