Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Maxx Williams's injury

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Melvin Gordon had microfracture surgery just a few months before the season started and had a breakout year. I know there's varying degrees of severity with that injury though but it shouldn't really mean his career is done yet. I absolutely hated that pick when we made it but if Maxx can actually get on field that's a big plus for this team.
    I thought micro fracture takes a full year to comeback from. Longer then an acl. Curious why you hated the pick Who did you want instead? Seemed pretty unanimous pick when it happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Maxx Williams's injury

i like big maxx and can not lie

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I thought micro fracture takes a full year to comeback from. Longer then an acl. Curious why you hated the pick Who did you want instead? Seemed pretty unanimous pick when it happened

I loved the pick, personally.

His problem has not been skill. It's been injuries.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I loved the pick, personally.

His problem has not been skill. It's been injuries.
    Me too. Made me feel a bit better about the Perriman pick tbh.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Me too. Made me feel a bit better about the Perriman pick tbh.
    All I pictured was Perriman stretching the field and Maxx doing work against ILB's trying to cover his speed.

Then they only thing stretching were their ligaments.... :(

I sitll like the Perriman pick. The WR's taken after him that would have been potential picks aren't that good. Tyler Lockett in the 3rd is the outlier, but I dont think he was a 1st round grade to too many people.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Nick Boyle gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Nick Boyle gents.
    I really ain't feeling Boyle that much. Low expectations for him.
    - Ray Lewis

Wait, how did we get from "Had some in depth procedure done on his knee. May not have been microfracture surgery but was in depth." to HE HAD MICROFRACTURE SURGERY in the span of 3 pages?

So either he had it, but the good thing is he's young and there are recent documented cases of players recovering and playing well.

Or

He hasn't had it and we'll never know.

Either way he'll be vaguely judged as either being injury prone or soft. Once again my biggest pet-peeve with JH. Just say what it is and put the story to rest. Doesn't do anyone any favors to keep injuries a secret. I'm just hoping he bounces back from whatever happened and plays and contributes.

9. Re: Maxx Williams's injury

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

I remember seeing some drafts that had us taking Maxx in the 1st that year which made me throw up in my mouth a little. I think I wanted Walford in the 3rd or 4th but I can't remember who I wanted in the 2nd round of that draft and hated that we moved up to pick him.

Also about Melvin Gordon, it was actually more than just a few months that I said. He had surgery in January but I think he was ready for training camp by July. Not sure if Maxx actually had surgery but if he did I hope he did months ago. Clowney had microfracture surgery a while ago and didn't look right for a long time. Gordon had it about 8 months before opening day and didn't miss a beat. Travis Kelce also had it done a few years ago and he's one of the best TEs in the league so hopefully Maxx can bounce back and make an impact this year.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I really ain't feeling Boyle that much. Low expectations for him.
    I think he has the it, if he can keep his head out the clouds I think he is going to be the guy, nothing about his play is pretty and that's why I like him, he is like that heath miller mold, rugged, throwback TE that is now a dying breed in the NFL. I hope he emerges (fingers crossed)

I think he has the it, if he can keep his head out the clouds I think he is going to be the guy, nothing about his play is pretty and that's why I like him, he is like that heath miller mold, rugged, throwback TE that is now a dying breed in the NFL. I hope he emerges (fingers crossed)
    I'm with you Smoove. I think Boyle, if he can stay clean, is gonna be nice. I think we'll see Joe developing a Blue Hen to Blue Hen rapport.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Boyle has proven to be a guy who knows where to sit down in a zone, has solid hands and can block. I don't think that makes him a #1 TE but he can contribute for sure.