Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Maxx Williams's injury

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Dude, that's my point.

With pass-catchers they make big jumps in their 2nd year. Maxx didn't get a 2nd year because of injuries.

Even a guy who had a promising year like Sterling Shephard (65 catches, 683 yards) is going to crush those numbers this year.

For A LOT of guys it's year 2 where you find out who they are. Maxx didn't get that chance last year becuase he ended up in the tub.

Ed Dickson had 11 catches in his rookie year. How does that mirror Maxx? I just dont get that.

My point in Williams numbers and play closer resember the career of Ed Dickson. Dickosn was much better athlete than Pitta, he had the size and speed but he couldn't do anything with it. Pitta was a hell of a good route runner and was always open or catching a pass. If he hadn't had the hip injuries his career would be a hell of a lot better

I am sorry, Williams will end up being a bust. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him even cracking the starting lineup unless major injuries take Pitta, Gilmore out again

2. Re: Maxx Williams's injury

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 2m2 minutes ago
    Harbaugh said that Maxx Williams had the type of knee surgery that no other FB player has had.He's coming along and should be ready for camp
    After the bye

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have my fingers crossed for Gillmore or Boyle. I believe Gillmore is the best all-around TE on the roster; I'm hoping that he can finally put together a full healthy year. Failing that, I think Boyle also shows great physical talent if he can stop getting suspended. I like Williams a lot too but I have a sinking feeling that we should assume 2017 is another injury-lost year for him.

I just hope any of those 3 guys stays healthy, because the thought of Pitta or Watson as our starting TE depresses the hell out of me. Pitta will always have a special place in my heart, but he can barely move anymore. Watson needs to be cut... 36 year olds not named Steve Smith don't come back from a torn Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I mean, it depends. I personally liked Djokou more than OJ Howard. My post was more of a troll post ;) lol

I like Humphrey a lot, but it's just crazy we didn't get a pass catcher.
    That really tall WR will convert to TE and save the day he will be a monster.

5. Re: Maxx Williams's injury

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol clearly he hasn't learned his lesson
    But this time it sounds as if Harbs actually knows what was wrong with Maxx and what was done to fix it. With Perriman, it was obvious he didn't have any clue.
    So there's that anyway, for whatever that is worth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    But this time it sounds as if Harbs actually knows what was wrong with Maxx and what was done to fix it. With Perriman, it was obvious he didn't have any clue.
    I hope you are right.

Blog Entries

I tweeted Dr. Chou about Max' injury and here is his response.

David J. Chao, MDVerified account @ProFootballDoc 1h1 hour agoMore

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Gary Humphrey
    Need more info but a wise doctor once told me:"Never be the 1st or last to do (or get) a particular type of surgery"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

yea TL was right, not looking good for maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    I'm with you Smoove. I think Boyle, if he can stay clean, is gonna be nice. I think we'll see Joe developing a Blue Hen to Blue Hen rapport.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Exactly...have to support my fellow Blue Hens! (Even though Boyle appears to be somewhat of knucklehead...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Boyle is a good blocker and has good hands, but he's not very dynamic. He's a guy that will give you 3 or 4 catches a game for 50 yards and maybe a score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Gillmore isn't terribly fast or quick, but he's taller and is a former basketball player, so he can go up and get passes.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Boyle is a good blocker and has good hands, but he's not very dynamic. He's a guy that will give you 3 or 4 catches a game for 50 yards and maybe a score.

Interesting that as of now, and suspensions aside, Boyle looks like the better player (definite #2 / blocking TE) and was taken later in the same draft, by the same team, as the supposed #1 TE prospect.

I don't know if that makes the FO look good for selecting Boyle or bad for selecting Williams. I guess both.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Williams is entering year 3 and I see no difference in expecting anything more. If anything his career very closely resemebles Ed Dickson more than any other TE who comes to mind. Guy was a freak of an athlete just didn't have the Mind set for the game.
    You've got a point there saw -- this is the second time the franchise took two TE in the same draft and the latter TE (Pitta over Dickson) did better.