Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Starting team predictions

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A lot can still happen between now and September, but here is what I'm expecting the starting team to look like.

Offense:
    QB: Joe
    HB1: West
    HB2: Woodhead
    FB: Boyle
    TE1: Pitta
    TE2: Gillmore
    WR1: Wallace
    WR2: Perrimen
    Slot WR: Cruz (Expect him to be signed in the next few weeks)

OL:
    LT: Ronnie
    LG: Alex Lewis
    C: Mangold (will be signed in August)
    RG: Yanda
    RT: Wesley

DL:
    DE: Kafusi/Wormley
    DT: Pierce (Henry on 3rd downs)
    NT: Williams
    Rush: Sizzle
    (That's a lot of beef)

LBs:
    MLB: Mosley
    WLB: Correa
    SLB: Matt Judon/Bowser

Secondary:
    SS: Jefferson
    FS: Weddle
    CB1: Jimmy
    CB2: Carr
    Nickel CB: T Young/Humphrey

Thoughts: Big physical team all around, that may be the heaviest DL in football. The OL is pretty big too. On paper the offense doesn't look great, but I don't think it looks as bad as people are making it out to be. With Greg Roman coming in and creating a new power run/blocking scheme, and a full off season of Marty designing his offense, without significant injuries, this unit can be middle of the pack. I think the Mangold signing needs to happen, he makes our line pretty secure. I think Wesley has potential to be a starter, he is also a massive physical blocker and the type that Roman likes. If we commit to the run a lot more this season, and our defense meets expectations we could do well. Ultimately I see this team going 9-7 atm though. If we don't sign Mangold and a vet to play in the slot, I see 7-9.
    The only reason this offense would even sniff 'Middle of the Pack' is Joe Flacco. They don't have a slot WR who can take advantage of the spacing created by the two deep safety coverage. They only have one healthy TE who is even a decent pass catching threat (Gilmore). They don't have any WRs who can effectively play against zone coverages or along the boundary when defenses drop 8. The pass protection is going to be significantly weaker on Flacco's front side. For the third time since 2008, they'll have two offensive coaches of drastically different philosophies. A pass heavy WCO zone blocking guy with a run heavy man blocking Run Game Coordinator. They didn't learn with Cameron and Zorn. They didn't learn with Moeller and Castillo. At this point I wonder if they'll ever learn.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The only reason this offense would even sniff 'Middle of the Pack' is Joe Flacco. They don't have a slot WR who can take advantage of the spacing created by the two deep safety coverage. They only have one healthy TE who is even a decent pass catching threat (Gilmore). They don't have any WRs who can effectively play against zone coverages or along the boundary when defenses drop 8. The pass protection is going to be significantly weaker on Flacco's front side. For the third time since 2008, they'll have two offensive coaches of drastically different philosophies. A pass heavy WCO zone blocking guy with a run heavy man blocking Run Game Coordinator. They didn't learn with Cameron and Zorn. They didn't learn with Moeller and Castillo. At this point I wonder if they'll ever learn.
    Also Joe can't read the zone defense

Victor Cruz has signed with Chicago. Let the kids play!

Blog Entries

Yeah especially that Tampa 2 oh wait...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If you really wanted to get crazy you could go Wallace Perriman outside Camp as wr3 (if playing) Woodhead as Wr 4 and Broyle as a blocking back/Juice type roll.

No way Camp isn't injured before opening day

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Cruz signing with Bears is exactly why you can't put players who aren't on your team into your depth chart.

Blog Entries

LeachisaBeast is just picking. Please do not feed into him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm happy with Campernero if he can stay healthy which is unlikely. I was a fan of that pick. Checking down to him and Woodhead wouldn't be so bad.

Blog Entries

I'm happy with Campernero if he can stay healthy which is unlikely. I was a fan of that pick. Checking down to him and Woodhead wouldn't be so bad.
    It's funny Brady does nothing but check down (how many catches did the Rb have in the super bowl) he's the Goat. Joe throws to a Te or Rb (which is pretty much what a wco does) now he's Captain Checkdown. He doesn't throw for 4,000 yards or complete 60% of his passes every one bitches and moans. He throws for 4300 yards and completes over 60% everyone bitches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I think Humphrey will show enough to warrant a week one start opposite Jimmy.
    I'd luv it, but somehow I don't think so. Humphrey won't be 21 until July 8th and only for played two years at Alabama. What I see is Carr, 31 year old vet CB with 9 years experience, starting. Hopefully, Humphrey will play more and more as the season wears on... eventually starting, but not week one... Bc

Blog Entries

Updated