Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Can we talk about the "Help is on the way" articles?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    my man was 24/24 on fgs 40+ yards and won 3-4 games on his own.
    hope he can replicate that
    I don't expect another year of perfection from 40+(that was just insane), but I do expect him to win 3 or 4 games again with a FG at the end. That's not asking too much of your kicker actually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Definitely fair.

It's hard to believe an offense who lost 3 pieces would somehow get better.

But I think the real thing is seeing the type of offensive design they roll out with MM and Roman.

I believe schemes can elevate players.
    that's where we at Cole, I mean who is going to replace Sssr? Where is the bolstering of the interior of the Oline going to come from? Ken Dixon is suspended for 4 games and he is probably the most dynamic back we have, Perriman has yet to play a full season, will Flacco bounce back and learn how to beat zone coverage? Will the run game get going again? It's to much question marks for my taste to be all hyped about the team in genera. The last time I checked the NFL is now an offensive league, sure defense gets you championships but you gotta score points too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't expect another year of perfection from 40+(that was just insane), but I do expect him to win 3 or 4 games again with a FG at the end. That's not asking too much of your kicker actually.

i did a breakdown last year, and tucker scored ~50+ of ravens points in 3 or 4 games. i wasnt talking about game winners

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    that's where we at Cole, I mean who is going to replace Sssr? Where is the bolstering of the interior of the Oline going to come from? Ken Dixon is suspended for 4 games and he is probably the most dynamic back we have, Perriman has yet to play a full season, will Flacco bounce back and learn how to beat zone coverage? Will the run game get going again? It's to much question marks for my taste to be all hyped about the team in genera. The last time I checked the NFL is now an offensive league, sure defense gets you championships but you gotta score points too.
    No doubt.

Perriman did play a full season though. He didn't have a full offseason. That being said, I think he needs another clean 16 to prove he's not going to be a bandaid (depending on the injury, I guess - 16 without a knee issue seems more fair).

I dont know, I think when you got speed like that you can do some really creative things from a gameplanning perspective. Maybe I'm too enamored by that potential. I guess we'll see.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

No doubt.

Perriman did play a full season though. He didn't have a full offseason. That being said, I think he needs another clean 16 to prove he's not going to be a bandaid (depending on the injury, I guess - 16 without a knee issue seems more fair).

I dont know, I think when you got speed like that you can do some really creative things from a gameplanning perspective. Maybe I'm too enamored by that potential. I guess we'll see.
    they are going to have to get real creative lol..I'm just waiting until Sept 2017.

Blog Entries

No doubt.

They need people to work intermediate routes or it won't matter how fast Wallace or Perriman are they will be running into two high safties. They really really need a TE or a Camp/Reynold to work the middle to get the safties up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Not saying you're completely off-base, but let's not pretend Steve Smith was an ordinary "36 year old receiver". He was a big part of this offense the last three years.

For what it's worth, I think the truth lies somewhere in between your view and the view of those pessimistic about the offense.
    While I understand your point about how important SSr was to this team, sometimes keeping veterans hinders the young guys development. With Wallace and BP as the 1 and 2, I think that combo will surprise a lot of people. I am in the minority here, most likely everywhere, I think BP breaks out this year with over 1k yards and I wasn't even a fan of the pick. Only way he is going to get better is more snaps, without SSr that is possible now. As long as Pitta isn't targeted 296 times with 101 catches for 345 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    lost RT, C, #1 wr.

a lot of hope and prayers in your thinking.

btw maxx had microfracture surgery if you have nor heard.
    watson is 36 coming of achilles.
    Nah. Nfl players have had that before. He was the first NFL player to have whatever he had done!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Actually, Perriman has played one 16 game season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    They need people to work intermediate routes or it won't matter how fast Wallace or Perriman are they will be running into two high safties. They really really need a TE or a Camp/Reynold to work the middle to get the safties up

I think Camp will double the amount of games he's played in this year. I think Saunders program will really help.

I still don't expect a full season though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Nah. Nfl players have had that before. He was the first NFL player to have whatever he had done!

Name another 36 year old TE that's had it and come back successfully. He needs to be cut

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Name another 36 year old TE that's had it and come back successfully. He needs to be cut

I was referring to Williams