Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Can we talk about the "Help is on the way" articles?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Where am I wrong? The offense was 17th in Yards per game and 21st in scoring last year. Not good, but almost good enough to get us into the post season. You guys seem to think losing one RT and a 36 year old receiver is going to send the offense into a death spiral.

Again, barring injury, the offense will be pretty much the same as last year. Maybe a little better if Watson or Maxx Williams can come back healthy. Plus you add in Woodhead.
    lost RT, C, #1 wr.

a lot of hope and prayers in your thinking.

btw maxx had microfracture surgery if you have nor heard.
    watson is 36 coming of achilles.

Blog Entries

Lol my viewpoint is the offense will be a middle of the pack offense just like last year. Which is what its going to be.
    I believe the offense will be better than last year's shit show. May have been 21st in points but that was with the best FG kicker in history; take away all his 3's and they're at the bottom of the scoring list. This year they have Roman who should really help the run game with his creativeness. Marty should be much better since he isn't confined to that CFL playbook they tried to use the last 2 years. Just get an average run game, play action, and that alone will open up other things. Convert just a few of those redzone field goals into TDs and it could add a couple wins there alone. Small things will add up

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Lol my viewpoint is the offense will be a middle of the pack offense just like last year. Which is what its going to be.
    You're entitled to that opinion.

Persoanlly I think we're going to be ranked in the 20-25 range, leaning more towards 25.

As for the reactions, meh I dont think you're wearing purple glasses, though some people only have one response and don't have the ability to talk content so they rely on that type of response. I'm sure you know who they are, don't take it personally.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

21st in scoring is bottom 1/3rd, not middle of pack

If they can actually get a decent running game going, then yes. To me, that's going to be the key on offense.

If not, then GWNR's prediction of a 25th ranked offense is much more likely. And that ain't what I'd call middle of the pack.

You guys can't actually be that down on this team.

1. Defense will undoubtedly be solid, was arguably a top 5 defense last season and they made some awesome addtions to it
    2. The offense was middle of the road, yeah we lost Wagner and the Oline is a concern, but its young and hopefully can grow.
    3. Receivers down win titles
    4. The TE position is deep
    5. RBs are serviceable and then above average when Dixon comes back

So honestly I would like to see cap space spent on O-line next off-season, as it is the only area on this team I am really concerned about.
    LOL, did you really just ask that...on this board? I thought you were kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    If they can actually get a decent running game going, then yes. To me, that's going to be the key on offense.

If not, then GWNR's prediction of a 25th ranked offense is much more likely. And that ain't what I'd call middle of the pack.
    I really think it's hard to predict without seeing what MM puts together for his offense.

An improved offensive design will go miles in helping the offense. It's crazy that we really didn't have that much skill last year, our QB who wasn't himself for half a season and that terrible design and still weren't in the basement.

That's a testament to the importance of having a franchise QB (even when he isn't himself) and enough talent to make shit work.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

You guys can't actually be that down on this team.

1. Defense will undoubtedly be solid, was arguably a top 5 defense last season and they made some awesome addtions to it
    2. The offense was middle of the road, yeah we lost Wagner and the Oline is a concern, but its young and hopefully can grow.
    3. Receivers down win titles
    4. The TE position is deep
    5. RBs are serviceable and then above average when Dixon comes back

So honestly I would like to see cap space spent on O-line next off-season, as it is the only area on this team I am really concerned about.
    lol it's not being down, it's lower expectations, looking at reality based on past events and just not buying any hype until a real game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol it's not being down, it's lower expectations, looking at reality based on past events and just not buying any hype until a real game is played.
    Definitely fair.

It's hard to believe an offense who lost 3 pieces would somehow get better.

But I think the real thing is seeing the type of offensive design they roll out with MM and Roman.

I believe schemes can elevate players.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Real games were played last year and we were a final drive breakdown away from the playoffs and you and some other nerds on the board think that all the sudden its going to be the worst team in the league.

Real games were played last year and we were a final drive breakdown away from the playoffs and you and some other nerds on the board think that all the sudden its going to be the worst team in the league.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I believe the offense will be better than last year's shit show. May have been 21st in points but that was with the best FG kicker in history; take away all his 3's and they're at the bottom of the scoring list. This year they have Roman who should really help the run game with his creativeness. Marty should be much better since he isn't confined to that CFL playbook they tried to use the last 2 years. Just get an average run game, play action, and that alone will open up other things. Convert just a few of those redzone field goals into TDs and it could add a couple wins there alone. Small things will add up
    my man was 24/24 on fgs 40+ yards and won 3-4 games on his own.
    hope he can replicate that