Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ESPN QB Confidence Index

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Everyone knows our WRs are lacking, except the one man that can change it.

He is sitting there waiting for Chris Moore and Michael Campanaro to "step up".

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    Based on the comments that Flacco and Wallace made before the draft they don't seem to realize the truth either

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Based on the comments that Flacco and Wallace made before the draft they don't seem to realize the truth either
    Well wallace is...biased, and flacco is a bad as Harbaugh regarding coach speak.

But you can believe them if you want to.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I mean I get why folks outside of Baltimore look at Joe like they do, but man what QB in this world can survive 9yrs in the league with 6 different OCs in 5yrs, no legit WR, no legit TE, no legit Oline for much of his career and when we do manage to get a good one they leave for bigger pay days while we spend ridiculous amount of cap on the defense to a DC who ain't worth shit? I mean you kinda have to take these things into account. The run game as been abysmal since 2013, with the exception of 2014, only managing 3.1yrds a carry in 2013, 2015 3.9yrds and 4.0 in 2016. That definitely don't help Joe out. At the same time he has to get better, with his mechanics and learning how to read a zone defense. I mean it's been 9 fucking years Joe and you still struggle with zone defense??

How do you get Flacco to throw a 20 yard pass?

Tell him it's 3rd and 25

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Tell him it's 3rd and 25
    lol hey Joe the first down is at 30 yard line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Tell him it's 3rd and 25
    Ouch. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswintitle View Post
    how do you get flacco to throw a 20 yard pass?

Tell him it's 3rd and 25
    kuh-boom.

Roasted!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Football isn't like baseball where individual stats are mostly indicative of that single player's performance.

Individual stats in football are a reflection of team performance. QB rating, for example, indicates not only the passer's performance but also that of the OL, pass catchers, even the run game as defenses playing up to stop the run will lighten coverage on the back end. Not all of those factors influence QBR equally, but they do all have an impact.

Joe's QBR over the past 4 years, even including a good year in 2014, is firmly in the bottom half of the league. That's an indictment of the entire low-talent offense. Even so, Joe's film shows a QB that is vastly underperforming his cap number. IMO the toughest thing with Joe is his inconsistency. Depending on his supporting cast and its performance on any given day, he can be either one of the best QBs in the league or one of the worst.

With Joe, in order to avoid those horrible "dud" games (or "dud" seasons) you need to give him top-shelf surrounding cast. He can't do as much with as little as guys like Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady. If you surround him with solid talent--like he had in the '12 playoff run--he can be one of the best. But the Ravens must not agree with me, because they've never done that, and it doesn't look like anything will change in 2017.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Football isn't like baseball where individual stats are mostly indicative of that single player's performance.

Individual stats in football are a reflection of team performance. QB rating, for example, indicates not only the passer's performance but also that of the OL, pass catchers, even the run game as defenses playing up to stop the run will lighten coverage on the back end. Not all of those factors influence QBR equally, but they do all have an impact.

Joe's QBR over the past 4 years, even including a good year in 2014, is firmly in the bottom half of the league. That's an indictment of the entire low-talent offense. Even so, Joe's film shows a QB that is vastly underperforming his cap number. IMO the toughest thing with Joe is his inconsistency. Depending on his supporting cast and its performance on any given day, he can be either one of the best QBs in the league or one of the worst.

With Joe, in order to avoid those horrible "dud" games (or "dud" seasons) you need to give him top-shelf surrounding cast. He can't do as much with as little as guys like Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady. If you surround him with solid talent--like he had in the '12 playoff run--he can be one of the best. But the Ravens must not agree with me, because they've never done that, and it doesn't look like anything will change in 2017.
    This is exactly where I stand with Joe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Who is this bottom talent that Brady and Rodgers work with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Re: ESPN QB Confidence Index

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Who is this bottom talent that Brady and Rodgers work with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last year for Brady it was scrubs like Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, White, Mitchell and some loser named...Gradkowski was it? And for Rodgers he had to make do with dregs like Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Montgomery, Cook and another Rodgers (no relation).
    Years past, Brady has had nobodies like Welker, Troy Brown, Faulk, Branch, Amendola, Graham, a young Watson & Woodhead, a murderer, and some waste of roster space named Doss or Ross...something that rhymed with Moss, I believe. As for Rodgers, over the years he's had to make do with bums like Driver, Jennings, J. Jones...J for Jacoby right?, Kuhn, and Finley.

So, yeah, they've both had it rough.
    Clearly they are deserving of our pity.

Well, look. Another week, another lame ass, made up, pointless ESPN ranking. Who-hoo.