Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Prayers for Manchester -- Suicide Bomber at Concert Kills at Least 22

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ots-explosion/

Suspected suicide bomber kills at least 22 people, many children, who were leaving an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK.
    They don't know yet who specifically is responsible, though ISIS and their supporters have posted on social media celebratory messages and propaganda over this latest terrorist attack.
    Article mentions that this is anniversary of the infamous murder of Lee Rigby by terrorist sympathizers, and that there may be a connection.
    We have quite a few Ravens fans in the UK who are regular posters here: hope they and their families and friends are safe.
    R.I.P. to those who've died, condolences to their loved ones.

Pray for Manchester.
    Pray for all of us.

Blog Entries

Re: Prayers for Manchester -- Suicide Bomber at Concert Kills at Least 22

Targeting little girls. New low for scumbags. It's just so sad

3. Re: Prayers for Manchester -- Suicide Bomber at Concert Kills at Least 22

They've arrested someone in connection:
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...losion-england

Definitely sounds like an operation, even if it's a real small one like the Boston Bomber brothers', not just a lone terrorist acting entirely on his own.

Blog Entries

I have an 11 year old daughter. That could have been her at that concert with me or my wife and her friends. That setup with the large indoor arena and the train reminded me of Madison Square Garden. I just don't know how you stop this from happening unless you have prior intelligence.

Blog Entries

The British intelligence service has done a great job and has foiled many terrorist attacks prior to this, but as GOTA it is so hard to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I have an 11 year old daughter. That could have been her at that concert with me or my wife and her friends. That setup with the large indoor arena and the train reminded me of Madison Square Garden. I just don't know how you stop this from happening unless you have prior intelligence.
    This is the problem with the lone wolf attacks. There's no way to intercept the intelligence.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This is the problem with the lone wolf attacks. There's no way to intercept the intelligence.
    It's a brutal problem. We've seen this over and over again and there is still no way to stop them all

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's a brutal problem. We've seen this over and over again and there is still no way to stop them all
    It's the way of the world, unfortunately.

It's become scary. I don't have kids, but when I do have kids I will always have thoughts like this in my head.

Extremism, regardless of its origin is always going to be present.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

9. Re: Prayers for Manchester -- Suicide Bomber at Concert Kills at Least 22

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    And the internet/social media makes it that much easier to find, inspire and recruit these lone wolf types. And to do so, with little risk of the authorities tracing the recruitment back to its source.

If only there was a way we could identify a commonality between these terror attacks, maybe there could be something done to stop it. Say, a travel ban?

Na, easier to chalk it up to being the new normal - part and parcel of living in a big city. Sadiq Khan told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Webb21 View Post
    If only there was a way we could identify a commonality between these terror attacks, maybe there could be something done to stop it. Say, a travel ban?

Na, easier to chalk it up to being the new normal - part and parcel of living in a big city. Sadiq Khan told me so.
    "New normal" - that hits the nail on the head. Another attack in London last night. Sending prayers to you all down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

So, how'd all those prayers for the Ariana Grande concert victims go?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.