Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Peter King on The Ravens

meh. not a fan of PK, who has gone from football commentator to politics/lifestyle observer with occasional football comments. I think we're all in the ark where we'll end up.
    I can see Ozzie rounding up another O-lineman and maybe another WR. if we can get just one breakout O (ahem Perriman ahem) player we could be dangerous.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Bit miffed he has us in the bottom half of the teams. I met him when they were all over in Edinburgh and he was very complementary about the Ravens. Said we were on the cusp of good things this season. Guess one would say that if Steve Smith is on the same stage though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    Bit miffed he has us in the bottom half of the teams. I met him when they were all over in Edinburgh and he was very complementary about the Ravens. Said we were on the cusp of good things this season. Guess one would say that if Steve Smith is on the same stage though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure who would have us in the top half of teams right now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The only real problem the Ravens have on offense is the O-line. That's both the good news and the bad news. Fix the o-line and the other problems won't be so bad. Fixing the o-line isn't going to be easy, however, and there's no real way to know if you have until you get into the season.

Losing Wagner hurts. He was fairly solid at his position. I don't fault Ozzy for letting him walk when Alex Lewis looks quite capable of playing at this level and he seems better suited for RT than either guard spot. But that leaves a guard spot and center that have to be filled. We also have to hope Stanley doesn't have sophomore blues.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The only real problem the Ravens have on offense is the O-line. That's both the good news and the bad news. Fix the o-line and the other problems won't be so bad. Fixing the o-line isn't going to be easy, however, and there's no real way to know if you have until you get into the season.

Losing Wagner hurts. He was fairly solid at his position. I don't fault Ozzy for letting him walk when Alex Lewis looks quite capable of playing at this level and he seems better suited for RT than either guard spot. But that leaves a guard spot and center that have to be filled. We also have to hope Stanley doesn't have sophomore blues.
    It's definitely not the only real problem. We may have the bodies designated to man the positions, but the overall talent level of our skills positions (TE, RB, WR) is bottom 5 in the league. I'd consider that a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

and we all hope Yanda keeps it up. he's getting to the 'veteran' stage and gets banged up a bit. sure hope we have a good plan B there.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)