Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OTAs Started Today

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Every year but 2011 when they had the dream team of Vick kappca and Vince young they were in the top 10 based on % of pass plays
    That's the way I remember it too, that the Pheagles were a very pass-happy team for almost all of the Andy Reid era, which is when Morningwood was there.

But I looked on PFR at Marty's 4 years as OC in San Francisco, before he got the Lions HC job. Each of the 4 years they had a thousand-yard rusher, either Garrison Hearst or Charlie Garner. Hearst had a monster year one season for Marty, 1500 yds; and Garner had an excellent one also, 1200 yds. So maybe Marty does like to run it.

Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's the way I remember it too, that the Pheagles were a very pass-happy team for almost all of the Andy Reid era, which is when Morningwood was there.

But I looked on PFR at Marty's 4 years as OC in San Francisco, before he got the Lions HC job. Each of the 4 years they had a thousand-yard rusher, either Garrison Hearst or Charlie Garner. Hearst had a monster year one season for Marty, 1500 yds; and Garner had an excellent one also, 1200 yds. So maybe Marty does like to run it.

Hope so.
    I recall reading that Reid gave MM play calling duties in 2006 for the purpose of deploying a more balanced attack. I think it was still learned towards the pass, but it was "more" balanced than before.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    so what's going on with the offense?
    Lots of prayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lots of prayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot of "ifs"
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    ...still leaned towards the pass, but it was "more" balanced than before.
    Sure. The whole NFL is pass-happy: 55% pass is a "run-heavy offense" nowadays.

i don't expect to see us run it "most" of the time. Just "more" of the time than the average NFL team. Like say top 10 in first down run pctg. And with a decent YPC too!

Honestly, I don't know if they could pass-block worth a damn, but I would think a line of:
    Stanley - Nico - Lewis - Yanda - Nembot

...Could PUSH some motherfuckers out of the way. That would be a pretty good run-blocking unit.

Zrbeck's defensive depth chart he wrote today is crap. I bet Judon starts sharing snaps behind Suggs and takes on the mantle of Suggs in waiting. He has the smarts and the size to be in the RUSH spot, while Z doesn't seem to get it. Bowser has a real good chance of being the SAM. I can see Judon winning the spot if Bowser fails, but I think Bowser will win the Sam like no tomorrow. He is too perfect for it and he seems smart enough. I could be wrong. His biggest test will be holding up the edge, and that may not be easy for him. Anyhow, I put odds on him winning the position and Judon starting to get real snaps behind Suggs. Williams will rush from every position they can stick him. He could be a Dumervil character and replace Bowser on run downs or they could stick him on the line and let him stunt or not. It won't matter, just get him out there and press play.

Z has a lot to prove. I hope last year was a wake up call for him. Still waiting for him to get some of those McPhee skills. He is the wild card. If he starts to turn it around the pass rush could get stoopid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Zrbeck's defensive depth chart he wrote today is crap. I bet Judon starts sharing snaps behind Suggs and takes on the mantle of Suggs in waiting. He has the smarts and the size to be in the RUSH spot, while Z doesn't seem to get it. Bowser has a real good chance of being the SAM. I can see Judon winning the spot if Bowser fails, but I think Bowser will win the Sam like no tomorrow. He is too perfect for it and he seems smart enough. I could be wrong. His biggest test will be holding up the edge, and that may not be easy for him. Anyhow, I put odds on him winning the position and Judon starting to get real snaps behind Suggs. Williams will rush from every position they can stick him. He could be a Dumervil character and replace Bowser on run downs or they could stick him on the line and let him stunt or not. It won't matter, just get him out there and press play.

Z has a lot to prove. I hope last year was a wake up call for him. Still waiting for him to get some of those McPhee skills. He is the wild card. If he starts to turn it around the pass rush could get stoopid.
    throw Carl Davis in the lot to prove squad too.

throw Carl Davis in the lot to prove squad too.
    It's one massive squad.

On D (IMO):
    - Za Smith
    - Correa
    - Carl Davis
    - Brent Urban - getting his big chance

On O:
    - Perriman
    - Moore
    - Camp
    - Urschel
    - Maxx
    - Gilmore
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's one massive squad.

On D (IMO):
    - Za Smith
    - Correa
    - Carl Davis
    - Brent Urban - getting his big chance

On O:
    - Perriman
    - Moore
    - Camp
    - Urschel
    - Maxx
    - Gilmore
    I'll give Correa a pass we done beat this to death but I think Harbs and Pees fucked him up royally. Urban needs to stay healthy and take it to the next level. But yea, all those cats on offense they better step up, like next level step up.

so what's going on with the offense?
    Camp hasnt been hurt yet.

#WINNINGTHEOFFSEASON

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

#WINNINGTHEOFFSEASON
    Can't wait for the "tweak" tweet about Camp to come. Fuck.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

#WINNINGTHEOFFSEASON
    lol if they holding out hope for this they are up shit creek without a paddle and boat.