Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Jeff Zrbiec tweeting about a mystery receiver?

We need four more players on offense. Two wide receivers - a true number one and a Boldin-like possession guy - and center and right tackle. 4 gaps is not too many to take care of to be honest, I think we'll be ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    We need four more players on offense. Two wide receivers - a true number one and a Boldin-like possession guy - and center and right tackle. 4 gaps is not too many to take care of to be honest, I think we'll be ok.
    That's over a 1/3 of the offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

This guy would have had it done already :

... Bc

Firstly, I don't; think we need 2 WR's. I think 1 solid chain-mover is all we need. We do need a C and RT.

Secondly, I think reasonably we're only adding 1 more piece and I tend to agree with Goode that it should be on the OL.

I don't think we make a trade. Trades in the NFL are rare. We have seen Oz do it (Zuttah, Monroe, Boldin), but I Just have a feeling we won't because we typically do in March before the draft.

We traded for Boldin on March 5th.
    We traded for Zuttah on March 23rd
    However, ee traded for Monroe in October so there's hope.

Just looking at the Boldin trade we traded a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin, who at that time, was a 30 year old coming off an 84 catch, 1,024 yard season. So in terms of value I think we'd need to pay more to get a younger guy like Jarvis Landry, but I would think it would be maybe a 2nd round pick?

Like you all have said this is how we should be finding a WR. Fuck drafting them. Use the cap and draft capital to obtain WR's and keep them. Use the draft and scouting to maintain the OL and DL because we seem to do fine there (except for guys like Yanda and Stanley who are franchise players - I personally think Stanley is going to be very very good)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

5. Re: Jeff Zrbiec tweeting about a mystery receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    In order for Joe to be elite, I'd prefer the Ravens pursue Roger Carr or Glen Doughty.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    And we thought Boldin was too old...both of those old Colts are in their 60's now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Firstly, I don't; think we need 2 WR's. I think 1 solid chain-mover is all we need. We do need a C and RT.

Secondly, I think reasonably we're only adding 1 more piece and I tend to agree with Goode that it should be on the OL.

I don't think we make a trade. Trades in the NFL are rare. We have seen Oz do it (Zuttah, Monroe, Boldin), but I Just have a feeling we won't because we typically do in March before the draft.

We traded for Boldin on March 5th.
    We traded for Zuttah on March 23rd
    However, ee traded for Monroe in October so there's hope.

Just looking at the Boldin trade we traded a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin, who at that time, was a 30 year old coming off an 84 catch, 1,024 yard season. So in terms of value I think we'd need to pay more to get a younger guy like Jarvis Landry, but I would think it would be maybe a 2nd round pick?

Like you all have said this is how we should be finding a WR. Fuck drafting them. Use the cap and draft capital to obtain WR's and keep them. Use the draft and scouting to maintain the OL and DL because we seem to do fine there (except for guys like Yanda and Stanley who are franchise players - I personally think Stanley is going to be very very good)
    Grow the arms, buy the bats.
    Something like that...

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The Dolphins aren't going to trade Jarvis Landry.

I'd love it, but it's not happening... he's their #1 jersey seller. Higher than Tannehill, higher than Suh, etc.

I wanted him in 2014. Don't think we're getting him now.
    Wasn't jernigan our #1 jersey seller though??? Oh wait...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Landry is probably the best realistic fit (Hopkins is not realistic imo). Landry should have been a Raven in 2014 so this would just be correcting an old wrong.
    I'd love to know if the irresistible "value" of jernigan blinded our eyes to Landry/Robinson.

They'll never admit to it though.

9. Re: Jeff Zrbiec tweeting about a mystery receiver?

Color me skeptical. Who leaks something to a reporter with the caveat that he/she can't tell anyone?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Color me skeptical. Who leaks something to a reporter with the caveat that he/she can't tell anyone?

Sounded like he was choosing to keep it a secret. Not that someone told him on the condition he didn't tell anyone.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

11. Re: Jeff Zrbiec tweeting about a mystery receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Sounded like he was choosing to keep it a secret. Not that someone told him on the condition he didn't tell anyone.
    Fair enough, but why? Reporters report, so why play coy with a tidbit? I mean, these guys do it all the time i.e., "I'm hearing from 'league sources' that the Ravens are interested in player x."

Does it have to do with tampering, because the player in question is under contract?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Fair enough, but why? Reporters report, so why play coy with a tidbit? I mean, these guys do it all the time i.e., "I'm hearing from 'league sources' that the Ravens are interested in player x."

Does it have to do with tampering, because the player in question is under contract?

Yeah I found it weird.

I've always trusted Jeff though. He's one of the better reporters IMO.

Could be right about some sort of tampering.
    - Ray Lewis