Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 10 wins says Peter Schrager

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    OK, you win. Correa is awesome, the defense wil be great and I'm a condescending POS.
    You can be a condescending POS here. This is America, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    So the glass is half empty
    Could be half empty, could be half full. But it's probably been pissed in regardless.

I am less confident in the coaching staff using the talent correctly than I am in Ozzie's ability to get the talent. Ozzie has his share of misses (every GM does), but he has had some successes that seem to be torpedoed by a coaching staff who tries to cram square pegs into round holes. To me, that's troublesome and not an easy fix.

That being said, it's just to early to predict a record. There are a lot of things that will happen in the NFL between now and September.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I absolutely think the defense will be better. I also think the offense is going to be a lot worse. They're worse at WR, OL and running back with Dixon suspended. This isn't the NFL of 10 years ago. You need some offense to win games
    BINGO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I feel that a solid defense can still win games. Denver won their Super Bowl because of Defense not because of offense. They won with a crippled and broken quarterback in his last year of playing. This defense is going to win us games. As far as offense goes I Look at Benjamin Watson to be Joe's primary target. He just needs to stay healthy. Ozzie will get another wide receiver from somewhere. I also am troubled by the offensive line. You know from my posts I've been talking about a solid Center for a long time. No one can predict how the offensive line is going to come together. But somehow it will. Ozzie created this problem now he's got to fix it. But I Ozzie is Ozzy and somehow he'll do it! With our defense if it stays healthy I believe our offense will be good enough. I guess we have the right to feel differently on this matter.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    You think Joe's primary target is going to be Watson? And that doesn't concern you? He's 37 coming off Achilles and has never even played a pre season snap with Joe. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If you think Jefferson is just an "OK" player, then you clearly don't know much about him. This is the problem with some posters on this board, they just throw out comments on players without even watching one game of them play.
    Thanks for your assessment. You clearly don't have a clue about what I know about Jefferson. Clearly, I didn't have to see tape of Jefferson to know that he has 5 sacks, 2 INTs and 11 PDs in 4 full seasons. He is a dependable box safety with average speed that will hit like a Pollard, will cover a bit better but has below average ball skills. That is what his record says. Without being an NFL scout, I accept that this is who he is.

And yet so many people are willing to anoint draft picks as saviors without having seen them play an NFL game...or in some cases a college game.

He'll be an OKAY player that should improve the secondary, especially in run support. To expect more is just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I know things look dire for the O right now, but don't forget where we were going into the 2011 season. We had Q and a rookie Torrey for receivers (plus Evans who never really contributed) and the oline didn't even play together until game 1 against Pitt who they destroyed. Still several months to fill in the cracks if the guys they got aren't getting it done in camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd say things look much closer to 2013

I know things look dire for the O right now, but don't forget where we were going into the 2011 season. We had Q and a rookie Torrey for receivers (plus Evans who never really contributed) and the oline didn't even play together until game 1 against Pitt who they destroyed. Still several months to fill in the cracks if the guys they got aren't getting it done in camp.

Crap... The O's lost. ..... Regarding the Ravens...If the D comes together like I think they will the O needs only to be adequate. Of course when you factor in Dean Pees it gets scary. But we have the two best safeties in the league with Smith, Young, Carr and a promising rookie playing corners. More than that Elam and Wright will not "playing". It seemed like whenever they subbed the opposition scored. If we were 7th last year I can't imagine what we will be this year. Correa I have to believe will be better but we will see. He is fast and I'm hoping with a better understanding of the playbook that speed will contribute in terms of rushing the QB. The O is fixable. It will take some doing but Like you I don't know what Ozzie knows. He knows what happening before they're posted it on the rumor board. I was surprised as most were with his lack of interest, during the draft, in building the OL and acquiring. WR, But I understand what he's trying to do. And I honestly feel it may not all happen this year. Build the secondary and find some eventual replacements for the LB Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I absolutely think the defense will be better. I also think the offense is going to be a lot worse. They're worse at WR, OL and running back with Dixon suspended.
    On paper you're right, but a more experienced Stanley and Lewis, another year away from injury Yanda (and Flacco, Perriman, etc.) and you really don't know how it will eventually shake out. I'm not optimistic, but I'm not throwing in the towel on offense, either, in spite of the number of holes they have. That being said, I would be betting the under on Ravens' games - they look like a team that isn't going to have a lot of easy scores, and will have a lot of close games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    On paper you're right, but a more experienced Stanley and Lewis, another year away from injury Yanda (and Flacco, Perriman, etc.) and you really don't know how it will eventually shake out. I'm not optimistic, but I'm not throwing in the towel on offense, either, in spite of the number of holes they have. That being said, I would be betting the under on Ravens' games - they look like a team that isn't going to have a lot of easy scores, and will have a lot of close games.
    It's prediction season. I agree that you never know how things will work out. If someone were to tell me we'd get a Pro Bowl season out of Justin Forsett I would laughed at them. On the flip side if someone had told me that Joe Flacco would have been a mediocre QB after the Super Bowl I would have been just as skeptical.

We can only go with what we see before us. Now that most of free agency is done and the draft is over we have a pretty good idea of what this roster will look like. The inexperience and lack of depth on offense scares me. There are very few teams whose offense at this point looks worse. There were only 11 teams who did worse on offense in the league last season and this years Ravens offense isn't even as good.

Justin Tucker was the Ravens MVP last year. Can we expect him to again be difference in those close games?

Blog Entries

Without seeing how the new guys perform, I basically see this as a 7-8 win team. We still have major holes to address on the offense.
    Yes, my early prediction, I'm sorry to say, is 7 - 9... Bc

Tim Williams might be the next Peter Boulware. Or he might be the next Correa. I am just saying I'm not confident. And I think we all know that our defensive ranking did not reflect how these guys played in crunch time.
    I actually have more confidence in TWilliams. Correa was moved/jerked around, but TW is (as of now) a one-trick pony to me. 3rd and long pass rusher (hopefully) par excellence... Bc

Blog Entries

st.matt, history doesn't always repeat itself. It's good to be optimistic, but optimism and reality don't always travel parallel roads. As of now, the Ravens have gaping holes @ Center and RT. The possible fill-ins, who are currently on our roster, are either under-performers or rookies.
    ... Bc

With right and Elam gone Assured touchdowns for the other team has been greatly reduced. Carr is a solid corner and Jefferson is what like the best and his position. An article I read about Correa makes me think he'll be a much better player this year based on his better understanding of the playbook. This better understanding with his natural abilities and speed will make him an outstanding pass rusher. I know I know we'll see right? I feel the way I do because With a solid secondary the linebackers are in a better position to rush the passer. And I don't believe that Ozzie is finished with his free agency acquisitions yet. The offense in my opinion does not have to be great this year. They just have to be good enough. Thats why I believe we're going to win @Least 10 games this year. If my explanation is in good enough for you that's fine with me. But knock off with the condescending remarks. It makes you sound like a know it all.
    I don't know about Carr being a solid corner, but he is better than what we had last year. Hopefully, Humphrey will be able to step up when Jimmy Smith is out. As far as Correa as a pass-rusher, who knows. It does seem that Dean Pees is much better at confusing his own players than any offense he is facing. For a man with such a complex playbook, he has about zero creativity when it comes to disguising blitzes or coverages.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk