Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I agree to an extent. While I think we have competent RBs on the roster, I honestly don't believe we have our future RB on the roster or that game changing guy we need. I know a lot of people like Dixon, but he missed 4 games last year due to injury, he will miss another 4 this year due to suspension, I love his running style, just when you think he is down, he gets another 5 yards or so. I cant give a legit reason why but I just don't think he is our guy. Now if we just decide to have a rotational backfield, ok, I can understand the premise, just would rather have another workload guy ie Ray Rice.
    usmc (if that means what I think it means, then thank you for your service).
    I also do not think Dixon will be another Zeke Elliott or a star running back in that class. However, he has already proven, although in limited time, that he is more than competent. Just look at his 2016 stats : http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats.../kenneth-dixon
    That is a solid rookie season to build on... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I also do not think Dixon will be another Zeke Elliott or a star running back in that class. However, he has already proven, although in limited time, that he is more than competent. Just look at his 2016 stats : http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats.../kenneth-dixon
    You are correct sir, thank you for the kind words, it was my pleasure.

Yea I get you and he did have a good rookie campaign. If you average his total yards for a 16 game season he would of ended up around 730 if the math in my head is correct, averaging around 10 touches a game, if he can get at least 5 more carries a game im sure he would be a 1k yard rusher. I just don't think he will be that top tier guy, a 1700 all purpose yard type of guy, maybe im just being to critical and miss what Rice brought to the table.

No thanks to Ryan Matthews.
    Not an upgrade over our current unit.

Jordan, however, is welcome anytime.
    He's averaged 75 rec and just about 900 yards a year.

also add reggie bush to the mix

Blog Entries

You are correct sir, thank you for the kind words, it was my pleasure.

Yea I get you and he did have a good rookie campaign. If you average his total yards for a 16 game season he would of ended up around 730 if the math in my head is correct, averaging around 10 touches a game, if he can get at least 5 more carries a game im sure he would be a 1k yard rusher. I just don't think he will be that top tier guy, a 1700 all purpose yard type of guy, maybe im just being to critical and miss what Rice brought to the table.
    I don't think he'll be a top RB either, but he's a decent-solid runner and was more than competent (@ Louisiana Tech) catching it out of the backfield. Anyway, he looks like the best we've got at present... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    also add reggie bush to the mix
    I had more rushing yards than Reggie Bush last year. Seriously, i did. Like, no really.
    I don't think he'll be a top RB either, but he's a decent-solid runner and was more than competent (@ Louisiana Tech) catching it out of the backfield. Anyway, he looks like the best we've got at present... Bc
    I hope im wrong, obviously. i do think if we can get him 20 touches a game, he could break some loose here and there. I just want some continuity at the position as well. I really do think Woodhead is going to have a better year than people are expecting, barring injury.

Trading for Ryan Mathews

Zeke would be a reach but I agree that both our backs with that OL would put up some big numbers.
    Let's start with our OL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had more rushing yards than Reggie Bush last year. Seriously, i did. Like, no really.
    I hope im wrong, obviously. i do think if we can get him 20 touches a game, he could break some loose here and there. I just want some continuity at the position as well. I really do think Woodhead is going to have a better year than people are expecting, barring injury.
    I liked Woodhead but putting all your eggs in his basket along with West is asking for trouble. We let all the top guys sign already so the options are limited but what about a guy like Bobby Rainey we need options to return kicks and punts. He also provides depth at RB. Chance to correct a mistake.

Blog Entries

Rainey was great last year returning kicks for the Giants

January 8, 2017, in a Wild Card playoff game versus the Green Bay Packers, Rainey fielded a Mason Crosby kickoff which was headed out of bounds at the 3 yard line before promptly running out of bounds, pinning the Giants deep inside their own territory, a drive which ultimately led to a three-and-out and a Brad Wing punt. Had Rainey left the ball, and it bounced out of bounds, the Giants would have started their drive at the 40 yard line. By catching the ball, Rainey cost the Giants 37 yards in field position, and made the Packers' lead further insurmountable.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Rainey was great last year returning kicks for the Giants

January 8, 2017, in a Wild Card playoff game versus the Green Bay Packers, Rainey fielded a Mason Crosby kickoff which was headed out of bounds at the 3 yard line before promptly running out of bounds, pinning the Giants deep inside their own territory, a drive which ultimately led to a three-and-out and a Brad Wing punt. Had Rainey left the ball, and it bounced out of bounds, the Giants would have started their drive at the 40 yard line. By catching the ball, Rainey cost the Giants 37 yards in field position, and made the Packers' lead further insurmountable.
    I remember that one. It's the play that ended his career. Rainey is going to be 30 this year. He wasn't good as a younger player. He sure won't be good now.

haha yea i remember that. i think he set some sort of record.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/02/bu...rushing-record

Bush is the first running back in league history to finish the season with 10 or more carries and gain negative yards since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, according to Pro Football Reference.
    btw how does someone "gain" -54 yards on 21 carries or -16 yards on 40 carries or -12 yards on 34 carries?
    I think usmccharles can do better

btw here is an interesting tidbit from the article:
    The Bills this season led the NFL in rushing offense, yards per rushing attempt and rushing touchdowns. Buffalo has missed the playoffs in each of the last 17 seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think West and Dixon are better than average backs, they just weren't used properly behind a poor run blocking line. Both of these backs would have been pro bowlers in 2014.
    Any rb with Qubiak or Shanahan are 1,000 backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk