Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: The BR.com Explanation for Correa

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    so can someone tell me why this dude was picked in the 2nd round?
    The Ravens liked what they saw on tape and they liked his versatility. It's possible Correa potential is that of Jamie Collins who was another pass rusher in college that was used in different way at The NFl Level.

3. Re: The BR.com Explanation for Correa

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Emphasis on "to start the season" - remember, he was getting snaps at ILB in training camp. He was learning that position - and you're looking for your predicted 4th OLB to play some special teams, which he did not.

Dumervil attempted to come back week 3, IIRC, and then reinjured himself week 6 - and it was at that time that they switched Correa back to OLB and had him start learning special teams.

So yes, sure - I guess you could say that he wasn't good enough to unseat McClellan by week 17. In reality, he had to learn two positions, special teams, and adjust to the rigors of the NFL, as opposed to taking a path like Suggs or Spence and focusing on "rushing the passer...."

Writing him off as a bust
    after all of that is just silly, then again, I remember when Torrey was a bust, Bernard Pierce was the second coming of AP, and Oher was the next Ogden...
    I'm not writing him off as a bust. I just said he WASN'T good enough to play the position and if those were the guys he needed to unseat but couldn't, that's concerning. But to say that's concerning is not to say he's a bust. It is to say that he could be heading down that road though if nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The fact that he couldn't unseat McClellan at the SAM spot is concerning.
    Did they even give him the chance to?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    BOTTOM LINE Correa will likely transition into a full-time 3*-4 outside linebacker as a pro. While he doesn't have as much play strength as expected and is still raw as a pass rusher, NFL teams will be attracted by his quick-twitch athleticism and moldable traits as a pass rusher. The tape says Day 3 of the draft, but the upside could get him called earlier. He might require patience as there is still work to be done for Correa.

From NFL.com.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSedjro20 View Post
    BOTTOM LINE Correa will likely transition into a full-time 3*-4 outside linebacker as a pro. While he doesn't have as much play strength as expected and is still raw as a pass rusher, NFL teams will be attracted by his quick-twitch athleticism and moldable traits as a pass rusher. The tape says Day 3 of the draft, but the upside could get him called earlier. He might require patience as there is still work to be done for Correa.

From NFL.com.
    We do overdraft for upside a lot.

Can be a good strategy, but sometimes can bite you.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Bowser and Correa seem like ideal dance partners to me from what I've seen in the tape. Of course it depends on a lot going well, but they look like the right types of players to me for WILL and SAM.
    If Bowser and Correa thrive on the LB line together, I WILL be ONE Raven fan for TWO reasons : I am a die-hard Ravens fan and want them to win (no news there), and second Bowser and Correa's initials = BC (that's me) ... Bc

"weapons of victory" - now THAT'S a phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I'm not writing him off as a bust. I just said he WASN'T good enough to play the position and if those were the guys he needed to unseat but couldn't, that's concerning. But to say that's concerning is not to say he's a bust. It is to say that he could be heading down that road though if nothing changes.
    Fair - you're just neglecting to take into account anything other than natural ability to play a position he wasn't asked to play until halfway through the season...

But I get that - you're right, he wasn't very good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The fact that he couldn't unseat McClellan at the SAM spot is concerning.
    McClellan has been in this system for six years. It is entirely possible that Correa > McClellan athletically, but McClellan >>> Correa in understanding the playbook and maintaining his responsibilities.

It doesn't matter how athletic you are if you're not where you're supposed to be. Hopefully over the past 12 months Correa has picked up enough to let his athletic skills shine. But I'm not at all surprised that a six-year vet was more ready to play than a rookie.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSedjro20 View Post

From NFL.com.

What confuses me the most is looking at all those scouting reports of Correa is there is not a single shred of evidence that he has the skills to transition to 34 ILB. The last place a weak and short armed player who isnt good with his hands should be is at 34 ILB.

12. Re: The BR.com Explanation for Correa

This gives me flashbacks to Arthur Brown as someone else said. He had the athletic talent but he wasn't there with the football IQ. I'm not sure why the team thought he would be when he came from Boise State of all schools. He was always going to have to climb up a steep hill in learning to be an NFL defender. I can't stand that program. They're easily one of the worst schools to acquire NFL-ready talent