Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steve Smith Snr NFLUK - Edinburgh Q+A event

Afternoon/morning all!

I was lucky enough to attend the NFL UK Talk show event that they held in Edinburgh last night. The panel included Kurt Warner, Danny Shelton and our very own Steve Smith Snr. Steve was brilliant throughout the whole night and constantly made digs at the Browns which was hilarious. He talked about his time with the Ravens and when a bold young fan asked him whether his favorite ball club was us or the Panthers, guess what SSSnr's answer was?

THE Ravens! He spoke very fondly about his three seasons with us. Said that Coach Harbaugh was the integral reason why he signed. He also said that Coach Harbaugh was one of the only coaches who can go into that locker room and inspire a team - not many coaches can do that. Got the impression that we have one of the best locker rooms in the NFL where everyone looks out for each other. Steve also talked about Joe's production since the knee injury saying that Joe was probably still looking at the line of scrimmage for the next hit and rushing his throws. Steve expects that to get better this year and Flacco to get back to his old self. He also said Joe is elite and there is no debate because he has that ring.

Had a great evening, and to cap it all off. Steve signed my 89 jersey!!!! Fantastic evening, especially for only £7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Steve Smith Snr NFLUK - Edinburgh Q+A event

To grow the NFL product in the UK, Steve Smith is the NFL's best emissary. He's intelligent, witty, and just plain likeable. I'm hoping to see him during the pregame parties in London this September.

Thanks for sharing.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    THE Ravens! He spoke very fondly about his three seasons with us. Said that Coach Harbaugh was the integral reason why he signed. He also said that Coach Harbaugh was one of the only coaches who can go into that locker room and inspire a team - not many coaches can do that. Got the impression that we have one of the best locker rooms in the NFL where everyone looks out for each other.
    Bolding that for no other reason than to get under the skin of the more irrational Harb haters.

Seriously though, is there any sort of audio / video from the event? I'd love to give it a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bolding that for no other reason than to get under the skin of the more irrational Harb haters.

Seriously though, is there any sort of audio / video from the event? I'd love to give it a listen.
    That makes me laugh! I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how many Harbs haters are now thinking how they can de-legitimize Steve Smith for his dangerous comments.

Steve smith was stuck with John freaking Fox and Ron Rivera. Both of those cats are no Zig Zigglers! Harbaugh is no Billick or Jimmy J that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    That makes me laugh! I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how many Harbs haters are now thinking how they can de-legitimize Steve Smith for his dangerous comments.
    Didn't take long, did it. LOL

It's like a moth to a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    amazing😂

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Thought this was fantastic! Brilliant pic!

I'm not sure it was recorded, but there might be one or two articles about the event. I'll have a look. Found a store in Edinburgh that will frame my Steve Smith jersey for a reasonable price.

Steve Smith Snr NFLUK - Edinburgh Q+A event

Hey HR, here's a MORE in depth review of the Nottingham show which was the night before our one. All of the same topics of conversation were covered in our show as well. Best I could do as there was no audio record

https://nflfan.uk/nfl-uk-live-nottingham/

Thanks for that link tomrose. There are no two ways about it, Steve Smith is a gem.