Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    But you claiming all these jump balls and Perriman running wide open down the field is absolute NONSENSE.
    That isn't what I said. I said I don't remember Torrey running thru/around a defense after the catch, the way we saw Perriman do once or two last season: once in the Dolphins game, and I think one other time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That isn't what I said. I said I don't remember Torrey running thru/around a defense after the catch, the way we saw Perriman do once or two last season: once in the Dolphins game, and I think one other time.

Well you must be a new fan in the last 2-3 years. Welcome to BMORE!

Torreys game was exactly that, he would either burn past the defender on the sideline or he would fly through the middle of the field and Joe would hit him in stride. He only had a few aspects to his game but he was very good at it here.

There is minimal and I mean minimal so far from Perriman to compare him to Torreys level.

Look at Torreys numbers each year here. He was very productive and he wasn't even Joes Favorite Target.

Well you must be a new fan in the last 2-3 years. Welcome to BMORE!
    Don't be snide. The first Baltimore NFL game I remember going to, Ed Simonini stuffed an opponent on 4th down at Memorial Stadium to seal the win. I don't remember the opponent – I was pretty young. (Dolphins, maybe??) But it was super exciting.

Torreys game was exactly that, he would either burn past the defender on the sideline or he would fly through the middle of the field and Joe would hit him in stride.
    Most of what I remember from Torrey is the sideline stuff, or the deep bombs. I don't remember much of him catching something short and running thru the D to turn it into something long after the catch. The YouTube highlights you posted show a little of that – more than I remembered. So you are right, I was wrong.

However, the 2-1/2 mins I watched of your link didn't show Torrey take one of those to the house, like Perriman's Dolphins highlight. He gets tackled after 20 or 30 yards. So in that sense I'm right, Torrey didn't show quite as much explosiveness after the catch, as Perriman hinted at in that one play vs the Dolphins. But I agree with you, Perriman would have to show a lot more of that before we could say he was "better than Torrey" at it. We've only seen a glimpse.

There is minimal and I mean minimal so far from Perriman to ...
    Well to do anything, really. He's had limited snaps in his one season, was at best the 4th option in the passing game. Hasn't even been thru a training camp yet! We've only seen glimpses and traits. Some of the glimpses are tantalizing, though.

Look at Torreys numbers each year here. He was very productive and he wasn't even Joes Favorite Target.
    Yes he was. I loved Torrey. Still follow him on Facebook – great guy, lovely family.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Don't be snide. The first Baltimore NFL game I remember going to, Ed Simonini stuffed an opponent on 4th down at Memorial Stadium to seal the win. I don't remember the opponent – I was pretty young. (Dolphins, maybe??) But it was super exciting.

Most of what I remember from Torrey is the sideline stuff, or the deep bombs. I don't remember much of him catching something short and running thru the D to turn it into something long after the catch. The YouTube highlights you posted show a little of that – more than I remembered. So you are right, I was wrong.

However, the 2-1/2 mins I watched of your link didn't show Torrey take one of those to the house, like Perriman's Dolphins highlight. He gets tackled after 20 or 30 yards. So in that sense I'm right, Torrey didn't show quite as much explosiveness after the catch, as Perriman hinted at in that one play vs the Dolphins. But I agree with you, Perriman would have to show a lot more of that before we could say he was "better than Torrey" at it. We've only seen a glimpse.

Well to do anything, really. He's had limited snaps in his one season, was at best the 4th option in the passing game. Hasn't even been thru a training camp yet! We've only seen glimpses and traits. Some of the glimpses are tantalizing, though.

Yes he was. I loved Torrey. Still follow him on Facebook – great guy, lovely family.

If you have been a fan for so long and follow Torrey on Facebook than you are doing his name a disservice. He caught many and many balls over the middle and always in stride. You can keep holding onto that 1 blown play by the Dolphins D where Perriman appears to be Julio Jones all you want. It will probably be the only one of his career like that.

The Dolphins much in the same mold as the Bills have not be relevant for 30 years now. They occasionally have a few nice players but you need to remember. its the Dolphins, not a real competitive team he did that against. It wasn't the Patriots or the STeelers.

Whos fault is it he has seen limited snaps? This guy was a 1st round pick. I think he only missed like 1 game in college but he missed an entire season, then hes healthy and then he misses pre season and training camp again last year?

Is there something wrong with his training? is there some underlying health issue not being disclosed?

This guy is supposed to be in best shape of his life right now.

Some of the glimpse are tantalizing though? lol, Yeah I can find you some Tandon Doss and Marlon Brown highlights too. Doesn't mean a whole lot in the end

Did Torrey miss a bunch of games? No

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This fills me with a little hope. He is key this year imho.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm willing to bet Camp is injured within the first two weeks of TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He gets 250k roster bonus if he makes it thru camp lol