Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Coming Into Camp Healthy

Was looking at our ridiculous injury list from 2015 and then found this article from July 2016 that highlighted how many guys were injured last offseason causing them to miss camp:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-c93cf8f2453f

QB Joe Flacco
    Injury: Torn ACL/MCL
    Status: Flacco suffered the season-ending knee injury in November, but he said this week that he’ll be full-go when the team takes the field for the first practice on July 28. Flacco has already been throwing the last few weeks and shouldn’t have any restrictions in camp. The only question is how his knee responds to practicing for the first time in months.

OLB Terrell Suggs
    Injury: Torn Achilles
    Status: The veteran outside linebacker is perhaps the biggest mystery going into training camp. He hasn’t talked with reporters since suffering the injury Week 1 last year, and the only update was a statement he released last month where he said, “I am 100-percent focused on rehabbing and preparing to be the best player I can be at the start of our season. I will address all of those questions during training camp.” The Ravens have said they hope Suggs is ready for the start of the season, and getting him on the field at some point in training camp would be critical in making that happen.

WR Steve Smith Sr.
    Status: Smith suffered his injury Nov. 1, and he has not given a clear timetable for when he will get back on the field. “I’m day-to-day,” Smith said during minicamp. General Manager Ozzie Newsome said this offseason that Smith should be ready to go for the season opener. The 37-year-old receiver recently posted a video of him running again, which is good news heading into camp.

WR Breshad Perriman
    Injury: Knee
    Status: After returning from a season-ending knee injury from last year, Perriman again suffered a knee injury in OTAs that was initially feared to be a season-ending torn ACL. Further examination of the knee revealed that he did not have a tear and only needed a stem-cell injection to help jump-start the healing process. Harbaugh said that Perriman is expected to be back “at some point during training camp and will certainly be ready for the regular season.”

RB Justin Forsett
    Injury: Broken arm
    Status: Forsett is completely healthy after last year’s injury. He was a full participant in the offseason practices and took the bulk of reps with the first-team offense.

OLB Elvis Dumervil
    Injury: “Foot-area procedure”
    Status: It was a bit of a surprise when Dumervil wasn’t on the field during mandatory minicamp last month. The veteran revealed that he had a procedure on his “foot area” this offseason to clean up an issue that nagged throughout the season. It’s unknown whether Dumervil will be on the field when camp opens, but he indicated he will return this summer. “I feel good. I’m ready to start getting after it,” Dumervil said in June. “As far as getting healthier and getting my body back in football shape, once that happens [at] some point in training camp, I’ll be ready to go for the season.”

CB Jimmy Smith
    Injury: Lisfranc foot procedure
    Status: Smith had a set of screws removed from his foot this offseason, which remained from a Lisfranc foot sprain he suffered during the 2014 season. He played last season with the screws in his foot, but made the decision this offseason to get rid of them. He did not practice fully during OTAs or minicamp, but is expected to be ready for the start of training camp.

CB Will Davis
    Injury: Torn ACL
    Status: Davis said that he’s good to go for the start of camp and he expects to compete for a starting job. Davis was a limited participant during the offseason practices, but he’ll start to work into full-team drills in training camp.

WR Michael Campanaro
    Injury: Calf
    Status: Campanaro missed all of Organized Team Activities and minicamp after suffering the calf injury during an offseason workout. The third-year receiver said that he’s healthy again and wants to put the injury issues of his first two seasons behind him.

TE Crockett Gillmore
    Injury: Torn labrum in shoulder
    Status: Gillmore finished last year on injured reserve because of a variety of ailments, and the most serious was the torn labrum. He had surgery to repair the issue and still participated throughout the offseason. He should be full-go in training camp.

DE Bronson Kaufusi
    Injury: Back
    Status: The rookie third-round pick “wrenched his back” during an offseason rookie camp practice and missed all of OTAs and minicamp. Harbaugh said Kaufusi will “definitely be back for training camp,” and it will be important for the newcomer to get on the field before the preseason begins.

That is a hell of a lot of guys. One thing that will be very interesting this year is that we have a relatively healthy group of guys (knock on wood) heading into OTA's and TC. It will help a lot with building some chemistry.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Note - The words "camp" and "healthy" are usually not used in the same sentence. *cough Campy cough*
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Terrell Suggs Achilles? Yes always a concern, but he tore a bicep last October and played with it. So he is maybe on the watch list again.

Campanaro is always on the watch list because... well... he is Campanaro

SSSr, Dumervil, Foesett are gone

And Jimmy we finally have an insurance policy behind him

Urban did emerge finally, now we need Kaufusi
    and "look ma I earned a payday" Davis ;)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Was looking at our ridiculous injury list from 2015 and then found this article from July 2016 that highlighted how many guys were injured last offseason causing them to miss camp:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-c93cf8f2453f

QB Joe Flacco
    Injury: Torn ACL/MCL
    Status: Flacco suffered the season-ending knee injury in November, but he said this week that he’ll be full-go when the team takes the field for the first practice on July 28. Flacco has already been throwing the last few weeks and shouldn’t have any restrictions in camp. The only question is how his knee responds to practicing for the first time in months.

OLB Terrell Suggs
    Status: The veteran outside linebacker is perhaps the biggest mystery going into training camp. He hasn’t talked with reporters since suffering the injury Week 1 last year, and the only update was a statement he released last month where he said, “I am 100-percent focused on rehabbing and preparing to be the best player I can be at the start of our season. I will address all of those questions during training camp.” The Ravens have said they hope Suggs is ready for the start of the season, and getting him on the field at some point in training camp would be critical in making that happen.

WR Steve Smith Sr.
    Status: Smith suffered his injury Nov. 1, and he has not given a clear timetable for when he will get back on the field. “I’m day-to-day,” Smith said during minicamp. General Manager Ozzie Newsome said this offseason that Smith should be ready to go for the season opener. The 37-year-old receiver recently posted a video of him running again, which is good news heading into camp.

WR Breshad Perriman
    Injury: Knee
    Status: After returning from a season-ending knee injury from last year, Perriman again suffered a knee injury in OTAs that was initially feared to be a season-ending torn ACL. Further examination of the knee revealed that he did not have a tear and only needed a stem-cell injection to help jump-start the healing process. Harbaugh said that Perriman is expected to be back “at some point during training camp and will certainly be ready for the regular season.”

RB Justin Forsett
    Injury: Broken arm
    Status: Forsett is completely healthy after last year’s injury. He was a full participant in the offseason practices and took the bulk of reps with the first-team offense.

OLB Elvis Dumervil
    Injury: “Foot-area procedure”
    Status: It was a bit of a surprise when Dumervil wasn’t on the field during mandatory minicamp last month. The veteran revealed that he had a procedure on his “foot area” this offseason to clean up an issue that nagged throughout the season. It’s unknown whether Dumervil will be on the field when camp opens, but he indicated he will return this summer. “I feel good. I’m ready to start getting after it,” Dumervil said in June. “As far as getting healthier and getting my body back in football shape, once that happens [at] some point in training camp, I’ll be ready to go for the season.”

CB Jimmy Smith
    Injury: Lisfranc foot procedure
    Status: Smith had a set of screws removed from his foot this offseason, which remained from a Lisfranc foot sprain he suffered during the 2014 season. He played last season with the screws in his foot, but made the decision this offseason to get rid of them. He did not practice fully during OTAs or minicamp, but is expected to be ready for the start of training camp.

CB Will Davis
    Injury: Torn ACL
    Status: Davis said that he’s good to go for the start of camp and he expects to compete for a starting job. Davis was a limited participant during the offseason practices, but he’ll start to work into full-team drills in training camp.

WR Michael Campanaro
    Injury: Calf
    Status: Campanaro missed all of Organized Team Activities and minicamp after suffering the calf injury during an offseason workout. The third-year receiver said that he’s healthy again and wants to put the injury issues of his first two seasons behind him.

TE Crockett Gillmore
    Injury: Torn labrum in shoulder
    Status: Gillmore finished last year on injured reserve because of a variety of ailments, and the most serious was the torn labrum. He had surgery to repair the issue and still participated throughout the offseason. He should be full-go in training camp.

DE Bronson Kaufusi
    Injury: Back
    Status: The rookie third-round pick “wrenched his back” during an offseason rookie camp practice and missed all of OTAs and minicamp. Harbaugh said Kaufusi will “definitely be back for training camp,” and it will be important for the newcomer to get on the field before the preseason begins.

That is a hell of a lot of guys. One thing that will be very interesting this year is that we have a relatively healthy group of guys (knock on wood) heading into OTA's and TC. It will help a lot with building some chemistry.
    Fantastic post GWNR. Yes, we look a ton healthier on paper. Hope it stays that way. I'm curious as to how Ben Watson looks. Yes he's old, but he was a dynamic receiving threat in NO, if he still retains some of his clutch hands and route running / blocking, he could be a nice bonus.

Health and progression may be just the tonic we're looking for.

Cue the complaints of not drafting a WR or addressing the offense in 3...2....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always felt there is something really wrong with the way Harbaugh conducted practices. We have always had some major injuries occur every year or so it seemed. I understand "Next Man Up" mentality but I would like to have a "Our Man Healthy" policy to start training camp.

6. Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

When did the new Strength and conditioning coach officially start? Campy seems to reference his style/workouts in the PR hype article that came out?

Health is key. Like Paramount for the offense in particular. I think a lot of bets are being made on the skill positions and their health. I know I asked to be Macho Man Randy Savage with the FWO crew. I've been very quiet on the boards the last few weeks. I think a lot of folks make very valid points on both sides of the fence here.

I do not see how anyone could logically look at what we have done this offseason...not previous drafts etc....I know there is some possibilities of a year end presser starting your smoke screen for the draft (far fetched a bit) but it seemed to me we were committed to helping or improving the offense. Is part of that improvement just instituting a better Offense game plan under Marty? I sure as hell hope so. Getting Bigger on the Line was touted...DeuceGoose and Elu certainly are bigger but are they day 1 starters? Time will tell...

Going into camp with a HEALTHIER Joe Flacco, a HEALTHIER Perriman, a HEALTHIER Camp, should certainly help but it shouldn't be the only thing we hang our hat on. Have to think we add something else to the OLine and an additional WR at some point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    When did the new Strength and conditioning coach officially start? Campy seems to reference his style/workouts in the PR hype article that came out?
    In 2016, Ravens players saw a decrease in nuisance injuries and increased performance benefits from the newly-configured speed program.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...a-67d026d188e4

On Jan 5th this year
    The Ravens have reportedly parted ways with two coaches: Assistant Offensive Line Coach Todd Washington and Director of Strength & Conditioning Rob Rogucki, per ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-0d8f7a5fb538

So He was here last year with imput and the results of that led to Bob Rogucki being fired in Jan and Saunders promoted to director.
    Officially he started last year, He started directing the whole program early this January.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

8. Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...a-67d026d188e4

On Jan 5th this year
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-0d8f7a5fb538

So He was here last year with imput and the results of that led to Bob Rogucki being fired in Jan and Saunders promoted to director.
    Officially he started last year, He started directing the whole program early this January.
    Thanks brother. Hopefully we see the progress this year in terms of the health and durability

I think the biggest note here is the impact of Joe being healthy.

He and both Perriman and Wallace seemed out of sync to start the year, which is obviously going to happen when you don't have a TC together.

All 3 were at the voluntary OTA's, which is fantastic. Hopefully Perriman's been sleepign in Joe Flacco's basement or some shit.

A full offseason together at full health will be great for all 3 of them, as well as the rest of our WR core.
    - Ray Lewis

Good point. Feels like we're entering the summer the healthiest we've been in a while. You can't ignore Joe having a full summer under his belt, especially. It feels like we'll require a bit less luck from a medical perspective than usual--last year was insane in that regard.

Blog Entries

I am very happy the Ravens decided on a new trainer. What they were doing before wasn't working.

Best ability is availability.

im sure we will lose someone in camp, I just pray its not a key component or a young guy that we need to develop. I really wish we could hear info about Suggs off-season condition this year.