Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Designated for Return - x2

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This is improvement.
    I don't understand why in football, where likelihood of injury is high, they don't have partial season IR's like baseball.
    The inactive player rule is stupid too. If you are gonna pay a guy anyway, let him play to earn money.
    The inactives are generally what you are looking for the shortened IR designations to do. The NFL used to have 45 man rosters but went to 53 so injured guys could stay on the team while the team could still suit up 45. If one team has 6 injured and another nobody they still both only have 45 to play each week.

There is some logic behind what they do.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    It will have impact on the late game commercials getting started.... don't know how they handle the extra Commercial slots from a game slated to go off the air at a certain time and having to continue, or if they have to rebate some $$ to someone advertizing in the late game slot and not getting air time on the east coast because NY and Chicago went into overtime and 2 of the 3 biggest markets in the USA aren't getting the SF/Seattle game viewers on time.
    I don't know exactly how it works with ads but those adds set to go early in one game could be played during the OT, which probably would have higher ratings since it is a close game with the outcome imminent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't know exactly how it works with ads but those adds set to go early in one game could be played during the OT, which probably would have higher ratings since it is a close game with the outcome imminent.
    Definitely for the big Network, unless the OT game is Fox and the late game is CBS
    CBS holds the AFC package, and Fox holds the NFC package.

Wonder what the Locals do, must have some contingency
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    It will have impact on the late game commercials getting started.... don't know how they handle the extra Commercial slots from a game slated to go off the air at a certain time and having to continue, or if they have to rebate some $$ to someone advertizing in the late game slot and not getting air time on the east coast because NY and Chicago went into overtime and 2 of the 3 biggest markets in the USA aren't getting the SF/Seattle game viewers on time.
    I believe that the commercial breaks are sold based on expected viewership. If Nielsen rates the slot lower or it doesn't air, the network either has to give a rebate or they can agree to give them other slots. Not 100% on that though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The inactives are generally what you are looking for the shortened IR designations to do. The NFL used to have 45 man rosters but went to 53 so injured guys could stay on the team while the team could still suit up 45. If one team has 6 injured and another nobody they still both only have 45 to play each week.

There is some logic behind what they do.
    I don't really agree with the "logic." If you have 53 active on game day, but say four are too injured to play, then you still have 49 healthy bodies. Then if a player or two goes down during the game, a team has some wiggle room to replace him (them). It just seems silly to me that an OT gets injured during a game, and there's a healthy one standing on the sidelines but he's "inactive."
    You're paying the inactive player anyway, so what's the point? ... Bc