Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Many Thanks UK Ravens

Thanks to all who responded about me catching the Squeelers game in the UK. I would guess given our current record, Sky won't pick this up. I will likely end up watching via the Internet. (Thanks all for the advice on that too!!) I was daydreaming that I could find a nice local pub, throw on my Matt Katula jersey, drink a few pints, and watch the game on a nice flat panel. Alas, I shall ... drink a few pints and watch the game on a laptop.

Please yell my way whenever y'all come to Baltimore so we can host you at a tailgate...

Dunk
    (Sec. 513)

Re: Many Thanks UK Ravens

We'll let you know in here when Sky announce their games for week 17 (we usually put up a thread if we're going to be on Sky). If the Browns are able to keep the divisional title hunt alive to week 17 then they may pick it up if most other things in the playoffs get sorted prior to week 17.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

drink a few pints and watch the game on a laptop.
    Argghhh yes welcome to our world.Imagine back even further when all we had over here was audio from the games.And before that just game reports in our now defunct weekly American football paper.

Hope you have a grand old time on our shores.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Cheers - enjoy the trip.

We may be looking to come over next season, failing that in two years time

Thanks to our 'Government' (more the lack of one ) there is not so much cash around these days. I'm sure TD is saving his pennies as we speak! :)

I'm sure TD is saving his pennies as we speak!
    Yes indeedy,as quick as I'm saving for it,Gordon Brown is taking it away for his baby's trust fund.

Yes the exchange rate is great for us over here,but you need the money in the first place to double it up when we come over.

Where are we at now,imagine back to medieval days with the King's tax collectors knocking on your wooden hut door,and taking 90% of everything you have for the year.

But still, enjoy the warmth of the English people you meet over here.We try to get along as best we can.And know how to have a good time even if the weather is gray and wet,and the beer and food is expensive.We're a hardy folk.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Where are we at now,imagine back to medieval days with the King's tax collectors knocking on your wooden hut door,and taking 90% of everything you have for the year.

Could be worse - what if ol' Gordo invoked the right of Prima Notte, per Braveheart?

BS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Could be worse - what if ol' Gordo invoked the right of Prima Notte, per Braveheart?

BS
    Give him time.Give him time.:grbac: