Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    1 - Unfortunately true. The Ravens just don't have any offensive skill position players that the opposition has to plan for.
    2 - Eating clock is a good idea, but who's to do it? Right now our Oline has ??? and our running backs (especially with Dixon on 4 game suspension) are far from star quality.

... Bc
    I agree. If we can fill out our Line... which is a big If. And we run a Power run scheme I think West can be servicable...900-1200 yards. Dixon can probably add a little more dynamic skill in packages adding another 4-500 yards.

is this enough in our division? I dont think so. But if we are going all in on defense...which we are....you have to chew clock. Even the Best Defenses need time to recover or they will give up leads in the 4th

again, I think this is the worst possible way to build a team IF you are going to pay a QB 20+...but Im not cutting the checks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    They seek guys that they know will fit.

Because they (Patriots) have an actual plan for their offense.

What is our plan?

To run a short pass WCO with WRs 1 and 2 being traditional deep threats?

We can't even match a scheme to the players we have, let alone be consistent.
    This is a large part of the Patriots "plan" :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is a large part of the Patriots "plan" :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/

... Bc
    No coordinator to the coordinator for the run game coordinator??

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No coordinator to the coordinator for the run game coordinator??
    You forgot the gofer. He brings in coffee and running plays... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Gronk Bennett Edelman (you know the guy everyone hopes and prays Camp can be but he stays healthy). Oh yeah and they TRADED for Cooks. And lose Bennett and sign Dwayne Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone keeps pointing to Dwayne Allen like he's some kind of stud player. He's not - at all. Bennett is WAY better than Allen and it's not that close.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Everyone keeps pointing to Dwayne Allen like he's some kind of stud player. He's not - at all. Bennett is WAY better than Allen and it's not that close.
    I agree that Allen is consistently hyped but does nothing.

Bennett went to GB right?

Weird...you wouldn't think a guy like Rodgers would need more weapons.

What a weird concept...to surround a QB with weapons, even when that QB is already very good.

Who does that?

Blog Entries

I agree that Allen is consistently hyped but does nothing.

Bennett went to GB right?

Weird...you wouldn't think a guy like Rodgers would need more weapons.

What a weird concept...to surround a QB with weapons, even when that QB is already very good.

Who does that?

Bennett also had a big offer from Oakland. He chose to go to Green Bay.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Gronk Bennett Edelman (you know the guy everyone hopes and prays Camp can be but he stays healthy). Oh yeah and they TRADED for Cooks. And lose Bennett and sign Dwayne Allen

Julian Edelman has two seasons in his career where he played in all 16 games. He has shown the ability to stay healthy but he hasn't always been.

Mike Campanaro made out of Panera bread. He ain't gonna catch ten balls this year. We need to trade for Sammy Watkins!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Perriman showed he could be a #2 the same way Marlon Brown did in his first season.
    That isn't true. Brown was force-fed balls in 2013. He started 12 games! Perriman flashed in a limited role – not even the consistent #3 receiver. Brown had more targets in 2013 than Perriman had last season.

Michael Campanaro when healthy was more dynamic and showed more flash.
    Agree that Campanaro has shown more shiftiness and ability to change speeds – short area quickness? – and better hands. I love Campanaro as a player (when he's on the field). Perriman has shown more long speed and deep ball ability.

I'm certainly not counting on him [Perriman] to reach that potential. I'm hoping he will but you can't count on it based on his history
    Well, it's a little ironic to say that we can't count on Perriman reaching his potential due to his history, within a couple sentences of saying nice things about Campanaro. Perriman has shown a much better likelihood of reaching his potential than Campanaro has: at least Perriman has made it thru a full season once.

When someone is a question mark you aren't sure what your going to get.
    Yeah, but again it's a question of health and ceiling. Assuming Perriman plays the whole season – which you have to, it's the only basis for even having a discussion; otherwise EVERY player is a question mark – then the question mark is whether Perriman is going to give us mediocre #2 numbers, or something better. Whether he's good for ~700 to ~750 yds with a couple TDs, or more like ~900 to ~1050 yds with ~7 TDs.

Perriman's a "question mark" because he hasn't established a ceiling, not because he hasn't established a floor. That's the good kind of question mark, not the bad kind.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Both AJ Green and Tyler Eifert missed time last year, and as everyone has said repeatedly, John Ross is an injury machine.

Injuries are part of life in the NFL. Campanaro has been injured way more than the norm. It's his career, he knows the stakes. If he washes out, he washes out.

Ross is an injury machine, but Camp has played 11 games. Pot meet kettle. Ross hasn't even suited up for NFL game. Remember injuries are apart of the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That isn't true. Brown was force-fed balls in 2013. He started 12 games! Perriman flashed in a limited role – not even the consistent #3 receiver. Brown had more targets in 2013 than Perriman had last season.

Agree that Campanaro has shown more shiftiness and ability to change speeds – short area quickness? – and better hands. I love Campanaro as a player (when he's on the field). Perriman has shown more long speed and deep ball ability.

Well, it's a little ironic to say that we can't count on Perriman reaching his potential due to his history, within a couple sentences of saying nice things about Campanaro. Perriman has shown a much better likelihood of reaching his potential than Campanaro has: at least Perriman has made it thru a full season once.

Yeah, but again it's a question of health and ceiling. Assuming Perriman plays the whole season – which you have to, it's the only basis for even having a discussion; otherwise EVERY player is a question mark – then the question mark is whether Perriman is going to give us mediocre #2 numbers, or something better. Whether he's good for ~700 to ~750 yds with a couple TDs, or more like ~900 to ~1050 yds with ~7 TDs.

Perriman's a "question mark" because he hasn't established a ceiling, not because he hasn't established a floor. That's the good kind of question mark, not the bad kind.
    Believe what you want. I see absolutely nothing in your post that's going to change my mind about Perriman. I'm hoping for the best but my expectations are not high. If he's productive it will be a pleasant surprise. We had 1 solid year each from Mark Clayton and Travis Taylor so anything is possible.