Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    A healthy Perriman, Camp, and Wallace is deadly. Pair that with Woodhead and the tight ends or 3rd down, we should be ok.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Deadly is a massive overstatement

2. Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

*sigh, here we go again*

As much as I L-O-V-E Camp's tape, both college and (what little there is of it) pro, I can't get my hopes up about Camp finally staying healthy THIS time.

I just can't.

But I guess I am hoping just the same.

Blog Entries

A healthy Perriman, Camp, and Wallace is deadly. Pair that with Woodhead and the tight ends or 3rd down, we should be ok.

Do you think you are fooling anyone here? Do you take us for idiots?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Camp is on a 1 year $2 million deal. No one is ever going to pay him anything close to that again if he can't perform in 2017. This really is his last chance so he better be a true believer. Camp needs to do whatever it takes to prove that he belongs on a NFL roster because midnight is just around the corner and there are no more glass slippers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Why would he be? 23yo player who had 500 yds in limited snaps last season. (As basically a rookie, and without ever having had an NFL training camp.) It's very, very reasonable to pencil him in with 700+ yds as a full-time #2. That's a decent (not great) figure for a #2 receiver.

Technically there are 32 "#1 receivers" in the league. We tend to only think of about 8 to 12 guys as being "legitimate #1s" (maybe more like 4 or 5), but there really are 32 different top receivers, one on each team. If you go down the list of receiving yards from last season, let's say the first 32 are the "#1 receivers". That's not precisely true, Travis Kelce and Greg Olsen are in this list; also Drew Brees has 2 of the top ten and also #35. But as a very rough approximation, let's say the first 32 are the "#1s". Only the top 25 got a thousand yards; the #32 total was Marvin Jones' 930 yds (with 4 TDs).

Let's say the next 16 receiving totals represent the "above average #2s". The 48th-highest receiving yardage total from this past season was Jordan Mattews' 804 yds (with 3 TDs). That's just 5 yds more than Steve Smith got last season (he placed at #50). The 48th-highest number of targets this past season was 100 (including TEs and RBs). At Perriman's yards-per-target stat from last season, that would give him 756 yards. That would have placed him at #53 on the yardage list: just behind Dez Bryant (who played 13 games) and Brandon Marshall, just ahead of Ted Ginn and DeVante Parker.

It's not really a "question mark" whether Perriman can produce at about the level of a #2 receiver: he's already shown he can do that. An average or slightly below-avg #2, but a real NFL #2. The question marks around Perriman are his health and his ceiling. He played all 16 games last season; that's a decent place to start for his health. We'll start to get an idea about his ceiling over the next couple seasons. If he improves at all with coaching and experience and a training camp, if he bumps that catch pctg up a little and sharpens his route-running some, he can certainly be a 900-yd guy, maybe even a thousand guy. I'm not ready to put him in the 1200 or 1300 yard club yet; that's rare air. But that's the "ceiling" question. The 900-yd potential is obvious.
    When someone is a question mark you aren't sure what your going to get. Perriman showed he could be a #2 the same way Marlon Brown did in his first season. Brown wasn't considered a question mark by the Ravens either but he should have been. Hopefully Perriman steps it up this year but he sure didn't look impressive last year. Michael Campanaro when healthy was more dynamic and showed more flash. I completely agree that the potential for Perriman is there but it was last year too. I'm certainly not counting on him to reach that potential. I'm hoping he will but you can't count on it based on his history
    Last edited by GOTA; 05-16-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but I don't see that group putting fear in the hearts of DCs across the league... Bc
    Certainly not right away, but if they have a few successful games, then defenses will have to start paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

There is reason for optimism based on the high light plays including the leaping TD grab in TB, the whirlygig TD in Pitt, and I think an end around for like 45 yards once.

But I refuse to let myself be wooed by the Ravens WRs, because I've only ever been let down.

It's like a domestic abuse syndrome. "Oh he/she won't do it again, they promised"

Physicality: That will be the visual marker that will let you know that BP has arrived to NumberOne Land.

He has neither the agility nor flexibility to consistently beat cats underneath and at the top of his stem...nor has Joe proven to be a consistent executor of the back-shoulder or loft/jump ball throw.

He'll also have to leverage every bit of FBIQ he can muster, and exploit every tendency and tell he can find via film.

Otherwise, he'll be Torrey 2.0 with a much better sense of "My Ballism"...and that could get him a 2nd contract here...especially considering how we draft.

To bring it around to the OP, and Gota implies this; if Camp does breakout and has his health issues behind him, he could be secured for 3-4 years and for not much money compared to his peers. That's the greatest upside with him for 2017 imo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If Michael stays healthy and is as advertised, than Joe has all the weapons he needs for a successful season. Here's to good health for Michael this year.

If Joe throws for 18 touchdowns with Wallace, Perrimen, Moore/Camp, Pitta then he should be MVP of the league. Even if Camp remains 100% healthy this year, our offensive skill position talent is still at the very bottom of the league.

Honestly, as much as I love Joe, if we are going to Play Defense, we'd be better off running the ball 70% of the time and just chewing clock.

Blog Entries

You seem to self inflict your own assessments. Opportunities produce stars when talent is given room to grow. We have the pieces to be successful.

Is that what happened with doss, reed and any of the other litany of WRs in Baltimore?

What in the history of this franchise would make anyone confident in a WR turning into a "star" if given the opportunity?

If I wanted to wear a tinfoil cap... you'd sure fit the bill for an employee of the Ravens pr team being told to post here in an attempt to quell the discontent among the masses regarding the offense of the Ravens.

You join this board right around the draft (the height of discontent), and your posts seem to eerily reflect the messages we get from the team:

"The defense will be awesome"

"The offense will work it self out- don't worry"

But I'm probably just crazy...

Last edited by bt12483; 05-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Is that what happened with doss, reed and any of the other litany of WRs in Baltimore?

What in the history of this franchise would make anyone confident in a WR turning into a "star" if given the opportunity?

If I wanted to wear a tinfoil cap... you'd sure fit the bill for an employee of the Ravens pr team being told to post here in an attempt to quell the discontent among the masses regarding the offense of the Ravens.

You left out Marlon Brown. He was going to step up after his big year..........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You left out Marlon Brown. He was going to step up after his big year..........

Who could ever forget downtown Marlon brown?

Somebody had to catch those TDs...