Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What I want is a WR who can get double digit touchdown catches. In the history of the franchise that's only happened 2 times. The first was in 1996 by the late Michael Jackson who caught 14 TDs. The second was in 2014 when Torrey Smith caught 11 TDs. That's it. Twice in 21 years.
    An interesting point. I guess that's why the Ravens have leaned so heavily on kickers like Stover and Tucker. Here's something odd along the same line : In 2001, Keyshaun Johnson caught 106 passes (180 targets/59%) for 1,266 yds (11.9 avg), but only one TD! Hello... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I am hoping he all of sudden turns it on and he doubles his production and becomes everything we expected. I just look at things for what they are I guess. Say I am negative, but I don't feel that way. I just give my opinion in what I feel is a realistic outlook on history and production.

I cant help but think his lack of targets partly ties to Joes lack of confidence in him, or possibly lack of confidence the guy has in himself. He seems to have some issues with that from the article on him not talking to his own teammates. Think back to rookie year when Harbaugh was publicly stating his displeasure with what was going on it was almost as if the guy wasn't a part of the team that just drafted him.

I seriously hope to eat crow, I so badly want this team to finally draft, develop and keep a productive WR for majority of his career. am so tired of seeing the revolving door at that position
    The only thing is that often BP wasn't running the primary route a lot this year. Joe struggled with his reads this year (NOTE - I am not turning this on Joe - I understand why Joe would have a lack of confidence in BP's hands).

The NE game was a good example. Tony posted some good clips showing BP getting open, but A) Not being the primary route in the play design and B) Joe not scanning the field to see him open.

I can't emphasize enough how I'm nto saying that it's Joe's fault, so that will hopefully not be the resposne lol.

IMO - the failure was more due to the coaches not working him into the gameplan. Maybe the coaches didn't trust him, but I'm not sure that forcing the ball to Pitta was a better gameplan than taking a risk with BP's hands.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Regarding the concentration drops. He has had this problem his entire college and now professional career. How do you see this honestly changing?

It never did for Terrell Owens. He was well known for the amount of drops he had, but he was light years better and running routes, creating separation and in a completely different level than where Perriman or even Torey is.

Perriman isn't a RB, where the ball is placed in his hands like a Tikie Barber and he changed how he held the ball to fix his fumbling issue.

Perriman seems to be lacking a good mental aspect of the game. The link someone provided earlier about he doesn't talk to his teammates etc....

I hope he turns in a good season, but I am sorry I just don't see him doubling his current stats which would the bench mark for just an average season roughly 1000 yards.

We need a guy who can hit that 1300-1500 yrd range for a change. Look at the WR competition within our division we face.
    Write up on Terrell Owens from the 1996 NFL draft.

Terrell Owens, Tennessee-Chattanooga (6-3, 213lbs, 4.60): Superb size. Not a burner, but he has good hands and agility. Will go over the middle. Needs to improve routes and concentration level. 2nd-4th rounder.

So, apparently he was not a great route runner out of college and not all that fast. But he got better and was able to break out in his 3rd year in the league. Owens only caught 35 passes for 520 yards and 4TDs his first year. It is a shame that the Ravens drafted a wr that can't get any better. Guess we better start looking for a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Write up on Terrell Owens from the 1996 NFL draft.

Terrell Owens, Tennessee-Chattanooga (6-3, 213lbs, 4.60): Superb size. Not a burner, but he has good hands and agility. Will go over the middle. Needs to improve routes and concentration level. 2nd-4th rounder.

So, apparently he was not a great route runner out of college and not all that fast. But he got better and was able to break out in his 3rd year in the league. Owens only caught 35 passes for 520 yards and 4TDs his first year. It is a shame that the Ravens drafted a wr that can't get any better. Guess we better start looking for a shiny new toy.
    Dude are you serious? Trying to use Terrell Owens to compar to Perriman?

In regards to owens, I guess you forgot who played on the other side of the field catching passes so that TO could groom?? He happens to be the best WR in history. Not to mention the hall of fame QB he was playing with

I hope Perriman doubles his stats this year, it is year 3, but even doubling his stats is only marginal improvement where and what we really need.

We need more than 1000 yrds.

Blog Entries

I want a WR that defenses fear all over the field. A WR that could be doubled and still make a play. I'm tired of this adequate shit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GWNR, this is the second time I saw you dress-down the angry pup on two separate threads.
    Good job on your part... Bc
    Wrong BC.

I posted I make comments as he does and he is dressing me down....WRONG

GWNR is drinking coolaid

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah it's almost like it's from the teams website and being read and discussed by fans. How weird!?!?
    Actually the Campanaro appologist are out this time of year for the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Wrong BC.

I posted I make comments as he does and he is dressing me down....WRONG

GWNR is drinking coolaid
    You think me discussing the upside of players on this roster is drinking koolaid?

Find my ONE post where I'm saying any of our guys are sure fire locks to take major steps forward.

- I have discussed Perriman's upside and what I think he can provide with more targets. Granted I am very high on perriman, but never once have I said he's going to become the bonafide #1 we need. I've taken his production from last year and extrapolated it based on increased targets, much like BPR did.
    - Pointed out that Camp is productive when heatlhy, but "when healthy" is equal to 2 games per year MAYBE.
    - Point out Correa's tape and what he did at Boise and why it didn't translate to ILB in our scheme.
    - Discussed how quick T Williams is off the snap and that if he's left at RUSH he could become very good at getting to the QB
    - Pointed out the traits a SAM LB needs and how that fits Tyus Bowser's skill set.

You're out to lunch, pal. Come at me all you want, I really don't mind, but fuck at least come at me for the points i"m making instead of making shit up.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Actually the Campanaro appologist are out this time of year for the past two years.
    Camp apologists? Where do you see those?

The general consensus is that Campy is productive, but can't stay healthy. That certainly fits what I see. No one is that high on him becuase no one thinks he cna stay healthy. But when he does get on the field he makes splash big plays. If that's an apologist then shit you could apply "apologist" to a hell of a lot of point of views. Putting yoruself in a narrow box
    - Ray Lewis

wow 21 pages on campy. gotta love it

11. Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    wow 21 pages on campy. gotta love it
    After 21 pages, he better breakout now.

Dude are you serious? Trying to use Terrell Owens to compar to Perriman?

In regards to owens, I guess you forgot who played on the other side of the field catching passes so that TO could groom?? He happens to be the best WR in history. Not to mention the hall of fame QB he was playing with

I hope Perriman doubles his stats this year, it is year 3, but even doubling his stats is only marginal improvement where and what we really need.

We need more than 1000 yrds.
    You used Owens in a comparison to the drops by Perriman. You stated that Owens was a much better route runner. Just pointing out that was not the case when he entered the league. He improved. Steve Smith is not too shabby of a wr for Perriman to learn from his first 2 years. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to say that Perriman can't double his stats going from the #3 or 4 wide receiver to the #1 or 2 guy. Jerry Rice missed TOs entire 2nd season. Doubt he was out there showing TO how to run routes after tearing up his knee during the season opener. TO also did not come into his own and excel until year 5.

So many people on here just assume that young players are not going to progress and are going to be busts. Perriman missed the entire off season last year as did Joe. He was behind at least 2 wrs and maybe 3 if you include Aiken last year. He was only used primarily as a deep threat last year.

I would think everyone would be excited to see what a first rounder who is one of the fastest guys in the NFL can do in his 2nd year playing. Knowing that he is going to have an entire off season and is line for at least double the snaps is exciting.