Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
You used Owens in a comparison to the drops by Perriman. You stated that Owens was a much better route runner. Just pointing out that was not the case when he entered the league. He improved. Steve Smith is not too shabby of a wr for Perriman to learn from his first 2 years. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to say that Perriman can't double his stats going from the #3 or 4 wide receiver to the #1 or 2 guy. Jerry Rice missed TOs entire 2nd season. Doubt he was out there showing TO how to run routes after tearing up his knee during the season opener. TO also did not come into his own and excel until year 5.

So many people on here just assume that young players are not going to progress and are going to be busts. Perriman missed the entire off season last year as did Joe. He was behind at least 2 wrs and maybe 3 if you include Aiken last year. He was only used primarily as a deep threat last year.

I would think everyone would be excited to see what a first rounder who is one of the fastest guys in the NFL can do in his 2nd year playing. Knowing that he is going to have an entire off season and is line for at least double the snaps is exciting.
The fact a lot didn't want to draft him coupled by the way his first season was handled has soured a lot on him. Myself included he goes and in his third year out performs Torrey then I bet you will see a big swing in perception. Anything short of 1,000 yards 5 tds would signal a bust to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk