Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Elam has been the only defensive 1st round bust!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    For the Boller - Elam debate, here are Boller's stats :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...77/kyle-boller

Here are Elam's :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...5789/matt-elam

While I have no dog in this fight, here's what Boller did after the NFL :

What is Elam currently doing? : TIME!

... Bc
    I forgot he married "such as the Iraq" Miss California. Kyle Boller is a man that did pretty well for himself. 8 year NFL career in which he actually won some games, made over 10 million and married a beauty pageant queen. Not a bad life at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I forgot he married "such as the Iraq" Miss California. Kyle Boller is a man that did pretty well for himself. 8 year NFL career in which he actually won some games, made over 10 million and married a beauty pageant queen. Not a bad life at all.
    Yes, and now he can proudly proclaim, "I am no longer the Ravens biggest first round bust!"
    ... Bc

No he can't. If you were there when it happened you wouldn't make the argument. Elam isn't even in the same stratosphere.

And Boller didn't win games we won them inspite of him. He tore the team apart. He tore scout apart which is pretty much why this forum was created. He was toxic

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The other thing that ruined Boller? Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Frank Sanders, Randy Hymes, Clarence Moore, and the Johnsons (Kevin and Ron.)

Take heart Ravens fans. No matter how bad this year's receiving corps is, it won't be the worst in franchise history. Not even close.
    That is unfortunately quite true. Between Qadry Ismail leaving after 2001 and the signing of Derrick Mason in 2005, there were three straight years of barren wasteland at WR that would have begged for an aging Mike Wallace and Danny Woodhead.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That is unfortunately quite true. Between Qadry Ismail leaving after 2001 and the signing of Derrick Mason in 2005, there were three straight years of barren wasteland at WR that would have begged for an aging Mike Wallace and Danny Woodhead.
    We had a top running game. The game was different then. You could actually win with a running game and sort of a mediocre offense. It's not like he had nothing to work with either. There was a young heap. Mason. Clayton.

We had a top defense all we needed was for him to not f it up. Which he did repeatedly. I don't remember the games but I do remember the situation where Boller fumbled twice tripping over his own feet backing into the shotgun. He was a disaster. He was so bad most of the fans actually cheered when he got injured. This aint Philly.

Elam was a late first round SS/FS who didn't work out. Still trying to wrap my head around how they are any way comparable. Boller represents the darkest era of professional football in baltimore. He ranks right up there with the dolt Irsay who moved the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The other thing that ruined Boller? Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Frank Sanders, Randy Hymes, Clarence Moore, and the Johnsons (Kevin and Ron.)

Take heart Ravens fans. No matter how bad this year's receiving corps is, it won't be the worst in franchise history. Not even close.
    Wide receiver wasn't as important position back then as it is now. The game has significantly changed since Goodell started pushing passing offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wide receiver wasn't as important position back then as it is now. The game has significantly changed since Goodell started pushing passing offense.
    Plus Boller had Todd Heap in his prime who bailed him out with all sorts of ridiculous catches, often laying out over the middle and getting absolutely destroyed by the safeties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    No he can't. If you were there when it happened you wouldn't make the argument. Elam isn't even in the same stratosphere.

And Boller didn't win games we won them inspite of him. He tore the team apart. He tore scout apart which is pretty much why this forum was created. He was toxic

I only started properly getting into the NFL (as a brit) around 06 and started rooting for the Ravens in 08 really. Were people as defensive about Boller as they are about Flacco?

No guys I'm not comparing Flacco to Boller as a PLAYER. I'm just saying, when you compare Joe to Eli Manning and it annoys posters, you know you've got a defensive crowd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I only started properly getting into the NFL (as a brit) around 06 and started rooting for the Ravens in 08 really. Were people as defensive about Boller as they are about Flacco?

No guys I'm not comparing Flacco to Boller as a PLAYER. I'm just saying, when you compare Joe to Eli Manning and it annoys posters, you know you've got a defensive crowd.
    No everyone could see what Boller was.

We had a top running game. The game was different then. You could actually win with a running game and sort of a mediocre offense. It's not like he had nothing to work with either. There was a young heap. Mason. Clayton.

We had a top defense all we needed was for him to not f it up. Which he did repeatedly. I don't remember the games but I do remember the situation where Boller fumbled twice tripping over his own feet backing into the shotgun. He was a disaster. He was so bad most of the fans actually cheered when he got injured. This aint Philly.

Elam was a late first round SS/FS who didn't work out. Still trying to wrap my head around how they are any way comparable. Boller represents the darkest era of professional football in baltimore. He ranks right up there with the dolt Irsay who moved the team.
    wait so are you not a boller fan. i swear your handle made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    No everyone could see what Boller was.

Oh my god yes and it was 10x times worse. There was neverending stream of people twisting into pretzels trying to defend him.

First it was the oline stupid. Then it was Mcabb struggled his first couple of years. Then somehow it was ray lewis fault because he didn't believe in him and made fun of his suckitude. Then it was the fans because they cheered him getting carted off the field.

It was ugly man.

Oh my god yes and it was 10x times worse. There was neverending stream of people twisting into pretzels trying to defend him.

First it was the oline stupid. Then it was Mcabb struggled his first couple of years. Then somehow it was ray lewis fault because he didn't believe in him and made fun of his suckitude. Then it was the fans because they cheered him getting carted off the field.

It was ugly man.
    Yeah he sucked but are you seriously saying that cheering his injury was appropriate?