Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Packers/Cowboys on Sirius

FYI....since most of us won't be able to see this game if you have Sirius the game will be on Channel 124.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Packers/Cowboys on Sirius

BOO!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I don't understand why "most" won't be able to watch this game on tv. Is it because your cable operator does not offer NFL Network or you do not want to pay the $4.99 a month to get the NFL Network. I mean, don't get me wrong, it does suck to have to pay for it now but for 5 bucks a month which isabout the price of an on-demand movie, I am able to watch a lot of NFL stuff not to mention weekly games at this point in the season.

Comcast makes you pay for this channel in some BS sports package that costs $2 a month. DirecTV gives it to you for free.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Comcast makes you pay for this channel in some BS sports package that costs $2 a month. DirecTV gives it to you for free.
    Right. so why is it that most will not see the game? I pay 4.99 with comcast which to me is worth it. It is cable/NFL extortion but I am not feeling so extorted that I refuse to pay the price of the montly fee.

Because Comcast charges enough as it is. I pay $140 for cable and Internet with Comcast....enough is enough. I'm getting DirectTV.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Comcast charges $4.99 down here. And you're right, it is a BS package. Nothing much in there except for NFL Network.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Its an absolute joke,that here in the UK we can watch the game on sat' tv or on the pc via Yahoo Gamepass. But you cannot see it in your own country.

So much for the NFL having their finger on the button.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Bez, i switched right before the season started for this reason (and a few others) and trust me, you will NOT be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Because Comcast charges enough as it is. I pay $140 for cable and Internet with Comcast....enough is enough. I'm getting DirectTV.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Yeah...I keep getting the mails about it and everyone I know has it. My only hesitation was that I have no ISP alternative to Comcast. I can't get DSL or FIOS so I was trying to price out Comcast HSI only which I have found out to be $52.95 a month....a joke. But I figured I can get DirectTV for about 60-80 a month still pay ~$140 for better programming. I love those Comcast commercials saying they have 3X times HD programming then DirectTV....lol.

Plus I believe DirectTV has XM stations and hopefully the XM/Sirius merger goes thru and I can get Siruis stations thru it too.

I also switched to DirectTV right before this season started. Love it. Still have CON-cast for internet, but Verizon finally is now up in my hood and I will be switching to that by the new year. And anyone who has access to NFLNetwork but doesnt get it because of $2 to $5 dollars should have 1 less beer a month when they go out.

Our cable company...(Antietam Cable) if you can call the puke-shit they offer cable.... does not offer the NFL channel! However, I have heard you can watch on NFL.com. Anyone else hear that?