Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Alex Lewis at C?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Great post! Eisenburg made a point with the seeming new emphasis he says the Ravens have on getting size. Seems like a consequence of going with the zone scheme was getting smaller, and the smaller guys getting beat up by the big D-linemen in the NFL.

Sounds like the team is getting sick of it. Go back to power football and be the bully rather than the bullied.
    That's fine and great but when you have to average backs you're not going to go out and pound teams into submission. What happens if the Defense isn't as good as the hype and you need to throw to win? Below average WRs with a poor pass blocking line is trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's fine and great but when you have to average backs you're not going to go out and pound teams into submission. What happens if the Defense isn't as good as the hype and you need to throw to win? Below average WRs with a poor pass blocking line is trouble

I God. I forgot you were hear trolling the board still

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I God. I forgot you were hear trolling the board still
    Is this English?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Is this English?

You make my point so well

Blog Entries

Ronnie-Elemunor/Siragusa-Mangold-Yanda-Lewis

Doesn't look too bad on paper as long as it's power man blocking scheme and everyone is on board with the scheme.

Mangold hasn't had the best two seasons of his career, but after further research into it, he hasn't allowed a sack in over 30 games.

Blog Entries

I couldn't decipher your point

If we could add Mangold and Franklin I think we'd be solid.

TBH - I think that's almost an ugprade over last year. Wagner is better than Franklin, but I dont think it's astronomical. I do think Mangold would be an upgrade over Jeremy Turnstile.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

TBH - I think that's almost an ugprade over last year. Wagner is better than Franklin, but I dont think it's astronomical. I do think Mangold would be an upgrade over Jeremy Turnstile.
    Where I will agree Franklin and Mangold sure look like an up grade over Jensen and Urschel I don't at all get how anyone thinks that duo would be better than Wagner and Zuttah

Last year Zuttah was ranked I think 13th at the Center position
    Wagner was ranked #2 at RT I believe

I couldn't find Franklin ranked anywhere last year
    Mangold was ranked like 25th among Centers.

I am all for Franklin and Mangold but on paper it still looks like position regression and a step back.

Its like comparing Kamar Aiken to STeve Smith. I just don't see the comparison and excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Where I will agree Franklin and Mangold sure look like an up grade over Jensen and Urschel I don't at all get how anyone thinks that duo would be better than Wagner and Zuttah

Last year Zuttah was ranked I think 13th at the Center position
    Wagner was ranked #2 at RT I believe

I couldn't find Franklin ranked anywhere last year
    Mangold was ranked like 25th among Centers.

I am all for Franklin and Mangold but on paper it still looks like position regression and a step back.

Its like comparing Kamar Aiken to STeve Smith. I just don't see the comparison and excitement.
    If you think Zuttah was good for this team and justified in his rank, well that's your prerogative but that seems far fetched.

Zuttah sucked.

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If you think Zuttah was good for this team and justified in his rank, well that's your prerogative but that seems far fetched.

Zuttah sucked.

I have never been a big Zuttah fan but he didn't deserve anywhere near the bashing he got on this board.

The guy played like a Raven. He gave it his all, he played hurt, and he gutted out games last year where he probably should not have played. Last season he earned my respect as a player.

Was he great ? NO, but he is better than anything on this roster currently and possibly better than Mangold who ranked last year near the bottom at his position.

Mangold was a great player at 1 point. He might not be anymore

Just saying we traded away a medicore talent, and filled it with absolutely nothing

I agree.

That's not even factoring in internal improvement from the two second year guys.