Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Alex Lewis at C?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You know what the backup plan is. Sign guys off the street like they did last year with Ducasse.
    That's very encouraging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This offensive line is a mess. Who's going to play RT, James Hurst? He must be kept off the field at all costs.

To me, simply due to what you have, Lewis needs to play RT.
    I would agree that Lewis is probably your best option to play RT over Nembot/Wesley/Eluemunor, though Eluemunor could develop by late this year, or more likely next year. If Lewis is your RT, I'd guess Siragusa at LG and Urschel at C is probably the best bet.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's very encouraging

Are you surprised? I thought you were asking a rhetorical question. Clearly you knew the answer.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

That's very encouraging

I'm not saying I like it. I would've preferred to see them draft a WR and another lineman, although they DID take lineman with 2 of their 7 picks. I was surprised and more than a little disappointed that they didn't trade down to acquire more picks, but it is what it is at this point.

Blog Entries

I would agree that Lewis is probably your best option to play RT over Nembot/Wesley/Eluemunor, though Eluemunor could develop by late this year, or more likely next year. If Lewis is your RT, I'd guess Siragusa at LG and Urschel at C is probably the best bet.
    That's a recipe for one of the worst olines in football. The pocket will get collapsed and there will be pressure right up the middle forcing lots of back footed throws. Who the hell in their right mind would stop up into that.

That's a recipe for one of the worst olines in football. The pocket will get collapsed and there will be pressure right up the middle forcing lots of back footed throws. Who the hell in their right mind would stop up into that.

Again, not saying I like it...

Again, not saying I like it...
    Lol. I love how you're answering the question then being criticized lol. What a character
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I'm not saying I like it. I would've preferred to see them draft a WR and another lineman, although they DID take lineman with 2 of their 7 picks. I was surprised and more than a little disappointed that they didn't trade down to acquire more picks, but it is what it is at this point.
    I don't like relaying on any of the lineman that were sitting on the bench with Ducasse beating them out. I can't see that much improvement in just one offseason. It's awful risky counting on a 4th round pick to start. Yes Lewis did it last year but that just goes to prove how terrible Urshal and the gang are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Lol. I love how you're answering the question then being criticized lol. What a character
    Look at the time stamps he hadn't answered before I criticized lol

You know what the backup plan is. Sign guys off the street like they did last year with Ducasse.
    To be fair, Ducasse played well above expectations last year and parlayed his play into a 3 year deal with the Bills.

Blog Entries

And what's the back up plan if the practice squad guys are not NFL caliber lineman?

We pick up a late veteran cut from some team that has got a draftee ready to step in and an overpriced vet salary to deep six
    Chargers drafted Lamp but won't be cutting Orlando Franklin because he was on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2017 League Year his 2017 salary became fully guaranteed.
    But there will be players released in the roster cutdowns.
    Meanwhile we have camp and pre-season to see what we have ...
    Last year we had two rookie starters emerge ... admittedly unusual but still we have pieces to look at and work with
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I don't like relaying on any of the lineman that were sitting on the bench with Ducasse beating them out. I can't see that much improvement in just one offseason. It's awful risky counting on a 4th round pick to start. Yes Lewis did it last year but that just goes to prove how terrible Urshal and the gang are.

Wagner started his rookie year too. Is it preferable to having a vet? No, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to knowing if any of these rookies are starting caliber.

To be pessimistic about a line that hasn't played together, I get, but it's purely speculation at this point.