Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Alex Lewis at C?

Well, if they are getting back to power running, Lewis doesn't need to be anywhere near the interior. Especially, if they deemed Wagner unworthy of being re-signed. Lewis needs to be at RT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Wagner started his rookie year too. Is it preferable to having a vet? No, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to knowing if any of these rookies are starting caliber.

To be pessimistic about a line that hasn't played together, I get, but it's purely speculation at this point.
    Oher started Wagner's rookie year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't like relaying on any of the lineman that were sitting on the bench with Ducasse beating them out. I can't see that much improvement in just one offseason. It's awful risky counting on a 4th round pick to start. Yes Lewis did it last year but that just goes to prove how terrible Urshal and the gang are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair, even that was only because Urschel was injured in the preseason.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    And what's the back up plan if the practice squad guys are not NFL caliber lineman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would guess we bring in at least one vet OL between now and training camp

Great post though. I seriously had no idea.

This is a great post. Offensive line is my biggest concern for this team so many ? marks. It will be where i'm going to watch during pre-season. Some of these 2nd and third year guys really need to step up.

Matt Birk was strictly left tackle in college and never sniffed center until the Vikings started experimenting with him his second season. To me, the key is to try and see if Lewis shows an early aptitude at center. If so, great, but if not, don't waste too many months / years with the experiment because he's going to be a very good guard or tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyt View Post
    Matt Birk was strictly left tackle in college and never sniffed center until the Vikings started experimenting with him his second season. To me, the key is to try and see if Lewis shows an early aptitude at center. If so, great, but if not, don't waste too many months / years with the experiment because he's going to be a very good guard or tackle.
    I had no idea Birk was a Tackle in college, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rx, I agree with your assessment, but I have a novel idea too : why don't the Ravens draft a Center, yes someone who has already played the position, rather than moving someone who hasn't played it?
    ... Bc
    I took some heat for posts such as this! That's okay I took my blood pressure medicine this morning so go ahead post away.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Originally I wanted to select a center from the draft. My idea was to get someone who plays center and then in time Coach them up to a NFL level. Since that didn't happen... I fix my eyes on the free agency. Since Mangold has foot issues I have second and third thoughts about him. If we don't get a center from free agency I certainly wouldn't be opposed to giving Lewis a shot.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Cody Wallace is an interesting option. He's a very good run blocker and has sat behind Pouncey on the depth chart.

May be a waste given I'm not sure he's an ugprade over Jensen/Urschel, but another guy to think about.

I still think Austin Pasztor makes more sense as an option. He goes to RT and then Lewis plays LG or C if it makes sense.

Bring the rookies along slowly.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

IIRC Urschel's problem was high shotgun snaps
    if he has corrected that tendency to sail an occasional one, he could be the frontrunner

Urschel's was in line for LG last year when a pre-season concussion gave Lewis the reps and Alex solidified the opportunity until he got injured
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old