Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: "Mutual Interest" Between Cruz and Ravens

Meh. It'd be underwhelming.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

LMAO who's the poster who's been calling this signing all off-season

Blog Entries

I'd rather see them trade for someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would be more inclined to take a chance on Cruz than on Boldin. Cruz was relatively healthy this past year. He will be 2.5 years removed from his knee surgery. His ypc are significantly higher than Boldin. He is worth a role of the dice.

And he is a veteran slot receiver. Ravens really need a guy that can operate out of the slot with Wallace and Perriman outside wrs.

Tell me why and how do you come to this conclusion? Cruz most productive year was like 5 years ago and then it was huge drop off in production.

Atleast with Boldin his production although not flashy is steady. Boldin is a physical freak and keeps in shape.

Cruz has been injured a lot.

Give me boldin any day but majority of us called this months ago. This player is the typical aging cheap type we always seem to bring in.

Noting exciting about Victor Cruz I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    What rookie receiver is going to be better than victor Cruz who was available when we picked. Don't worry I'll wait. FOH! Flacco need to diversify his bonds, always looking for Pitta washed up seashell ass!
    You whining about Pitta being washed up but Cruz gets you excited? LOL

What rookie WR could be better? Probably about 5-7 WRS picked between 1st-3rd round have the potential to be better than Cruz in just their rookie years.

Take a good look at how productive rookie WRS have been lately, just last year Tyler Boyd for example has a nice rookie year.

Cruz ceiling is 500-600 yrds and probably 1 TD. He played opposite a much better WR than any one we have on this team and couldn't produce.

Cruz hasn't been any good for 4-5 year now.

If we sign him, he is now the poster child for this coming year. The NON moves by this front office to address the offense will now have a face, name and Jersey number as its mascot in Victor Cruz.

I was more excited when we signed Woodhead.

Blog Entries

After looking into this further it looks like just another baseless story to drum up attention. Slow times it doesn't take much.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

at least sign someone that can actually PLAY --- I wanted a younger stud but I guess I would settle for a healthy #81 over an injured Cruz

Sweet. Another place for WR Bitch Fest to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd rather see them trade for someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard Watkins' name come up.

10. Re: "Mutual Interest" Between Cruz and Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I am literally rewatching the office right now lol almost through season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Let's see. Started 12 game last year, played in 15. So not sure how you all figure that he's going to miss all this time. He's 30, which is no spring chicken, but it's not super old either. He caught 39 ball for 586 yards, an average of 15 yards per reception. 15 ypc is not too shabby. Only caught 1 TD, but when you've got OJB on your team, that's somewhat understandable. Main concern I would have is that he was targeted 72 times, and catch % of only 54.2%. Not great.

Personally, I think many of you are bitching just to bitch at this point. Is Cruz a #1 or even a #2? Certainly not. But he can help fill out this team and be a possession receiver in the slot to complement Wallace, Perriman, and Moore.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CruzVi00.htm

Victor Cruz catching only 54.2% of his passes can contribute to how he was being misused last year with The Giants. Nate Burleson said on NFL.com that 90 percent of Cruz passes thrown to him was when he was running route as a outside receiverr. Cruz even in his prime was more of dynamic slot receiver than anything . That fact that he was able to have 586 receiving yards and averaged 15 yards per reception is not bad at all and it atleast shows he can be productive as a outside receiver if needed. He would ideally be a slot receiver in The Ravens offense and that's what The Ravens need right now. The video where Nate Burleson was talking about Victor Cruz is right here http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morni...in-Victor-Cruz

12. Re: "Mutual Interest" Between Cruz and Ravens

Out of these two options I'd have to choose boldin. I'd rather trade for someone though.