Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Blog Entries

Re: May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The Ravens were dead last in run / pass ratio last year: http://www.fftoday.com/stats/16_run_pass_ratios.html
    The chart allows looking at other years
    2016 -32nd
    2015 - 31st
    2014 - 11th (Kubiak)
    2013 - 22nd
    2012 - 15th
    2011 - 13th

SMH we bring in people to help the passing game, and they help it by eliminating the run?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Yeah I'd hate to see them in the top 10 in rushing like some of those scrub teams last year: Patriots, Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins...
    Who are also helped by the passing threats they have, which create significant amounts of space when they want to run the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

No matter what aspect of the team it is that you look to improve, you can't go at it half-assed. You can't just bring in a pass heavy guy, while maintaining subpar talent along the offensive line and at WR/TE and expect to be one of the better passing teams in the league over-night. That's what gets me when people talk about what traditionally works for the Ravens. Well, when you trot out the pass catchers they've trotted out, of course a run first offense is going to work. How about actually trying harder to trot out superior pass catchers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ozzie, when asked about priorities for the off-season:
    "We need to add some depth in the secondary, we need to improve in the offensive line, we need to find a complimentary receiver. Those are the areas we feel like we should attack this off-season.”

Ozzie, when asked about adding a WR:
    “Some of the success we’ve had here is going out, whether it’s by trade, free agency or cap casualty, and getting a veteran receiver who still has some juice left, still has some ability to play at a high level. When I was talking about getting a complimentary receiver that’s what I was referring to. It doesn’t have to come through the draft; it can come through other means.”

Except they didn't address the line or add a 'complementary' receiver.
    The Ravens did draft two offensive linemen in this year draft. A team doesn't necessarily have to draft a offensive linemen in first three rounds in the draft to improve their offensive line. Ricky Wagner,Jason Brown,Edwin Mulitalo and etc were all drafted in the 4th or 5th round that were starters on The Ravens offensive line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    The Ravens did draft two offensive linemen in this year draft. A team doesn't necessarily have to draft a offensive linemen in first three rounds in the draft to improve their offensive line. Ricky Wagner,Jason Brown,Edwin Mulitalo and etc were all drafted in the 4th or 5th round that were starters on The Ravens offensive line.
    Drafting two mid rounders doesn't equal two starters look no further then Urshal Gino Jensen etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Wow! What was I thinking ? I think I heard it mentioned on a talk show. Thanks for the adjustment.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    It was death by 1,000 three yard passes. That's why I'm optimistic this year. I think they can fix the run and play action plus there are some key guys healthy in camp this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It was death by 1,000 three yard passes. That's why I'm optimistic this year. I think they can fix the run and play action plus there are some key guys healthy in camp this year.
    Thanks for correcting my thinking buddy I really appreciate it! Yeah I got a better perspective of this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Drafting two mid rounders doesn't equal two starters look no further then Urshal Gino Jensen etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't but that still doesn't mean two offensive linemen The Ravens drafted in this year draft won't end up being good players and starters one day.

Blog Entries

We also have some "leftover" talent

Jarrod Pugsley G who has been flipping PS with KC (did play 2 games on 2015 and one in the playoffs)
    Broxton G Baylor (from Only Md) was on our PS last year
    D'Ondre Wesley was on the 53 for 7 games last year
    Nembot was IR
    Skura was PS

Also have Shakir, Maurquice G who may make PS, he is not making the roster
    Kublanow, Brandon C Georgia is developmental and PS material if he shows promise

Eluemunor is definitely our developmental hope ...

Agree with you on don't count the draftees out in the 4th or 5th rd, but it did take Tony Pashos (5th 2003) who started no games in 2003 and 2004, before starting 7 in 2005 and all 16 in 2006 -then gone for a payday), but Hale a 4th, and Myers a 5th is still listed on Seattle's roster (as a Tackle) but no games played

We need Skura to have developed lower body strength, need Urschel to have ironed out the shotgun errant snaps, need Nico to progress like Alex Lewis did (but no injury)
    And with all that, I find myself still thinking we meed a lineman .... a Bobby Williams, Willie Anderson ... a one year veteran rental

I'm remembering too vividly what I broke down here
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...40#post1252140
    the 10-16 game (NYG) Urschel, Hurst and Jensen started (Stanley, Yanda and Wagner were out)

We are starting the season later on with Wagner, Decasse, Zuttah out
    In the first scenario, people came back from injury (except Lewis who went out weeks later)
    In the second scenario, the players are already gone on to other teams.

I really don't want to see Hurst and Jensen as our depth (much less starters)
    I'll take Elueminor as depth (inactive early)
    Stanley- Lewis- Urschel/Skura - Yanda -Veteran OR
    Stanley- DeuceGoose- Urschel/Skura - Yanda -Lewis but want more experienced depth than Nembot/or others currently on the team, still want a veteran (Ducasse didn't start for a month (Nov 10th) after he was re-signed on Oct 11)

Feel better not having to rely on rookies with those who could replace them if hurt able to play no better only seasoned with experience.
    I'm willing to wait and take a good long look at what we have, but really expect a late veteran arrival ... the beauty of our system is Yanda can play multiple positions, as can Lewis, so we can find the best veteran without having to be a T or a G but could be either

I know we would like to see him yesterday, but don't have to see him then. .. really need to see him by September though.
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 05-18-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

We still haven't found a center. My Hope Is that Lewis fills that position. Why? Because he's an overall good player and has a background in that position. Not too long ago an awesome thread, can't remember who started it mentioned Lewis playing Center. Good logic good explanation as to why he felt Lewis would be a good Center. We need a good Center! And no one we tried last year really worked. I know he would make a good guard I know he would make a good tackle but we need a better than good Center. I think he would be a better than good Center.