Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Blog Entries

Re: May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Contrary to the daily propaganda by FWO faction, this offense right now has the weapons to succeed. It's just incumbent that Joe Flacco play well this season. Instead of excuses, Flacco just needs to make the players around him better. Just like Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Can you imagine what Rodgers would do with this receiving corps?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    He would do nothing, I'd be shocked if he started 16 games due to injuries (kinda how Insee Joe's going too). It would look very similar to how Green Bay looked when Nelson went down. Green Bay's recievers >>>>> Ravens recievers. GreenBays ol>>>>>>> Ravens oline. Rodgers is also probably the greatest physically gifted qb I've ever seen play (formally Elway) What good are fast receivers if you only get 2 seconds to throw the ball. And
    Last edited by Goode05; 05-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Jordy Nelson was hurt last year and Rodgers didn't miss a beat. So I think that assessment was fair.

Nelson played in all 16 games last year bud. Try again.

Perhaps you are thinking of 2015.

And guess what, when Jordy went down, they had another 2nd Rd WR to pick up the slack. Because they drafted quality depth.

Do you work for the Ravens?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A lie is a lie and they lied. They said that they would prioritize the offense. That was a lie. They could have resigned Wagner for 9 million per year. They chose to give that money to Williams. Hell, they didn't even sign a Kendall Wright for cheap. They sure as hell overpaid for a running back though. The highlight of the off-season for the offense.

At every position in the first four rounds of the draft where they picked, there was an offensive player better than who they chose, with the exception of maybe Tim Williams.
    The Ravens stated that they wanted to get more bigger on the offensive line which mean more physical and also means that they may be moving more to a power blocking scheme. Ricky Wagner run blocking not only was average but he fits a zone blocking scheme better than anything so not only would The Ravens be over paying a right tackle that doesn't necessary fit their blocking scheme but they would be spending 9 million or more on right tackle that's doesn't even give them a boast run blocking wise for a team that wants to be more of a run first offense or atleast get back to running the ball more.What about The Ravens offense would make Kendall Wright agent consider a deal from The Ravens when 1)he knows they have first round receiver they are high on ,2) they have bunch of talent at the tight end position which may mean more two tight ends sets involved in the passing game and 3) they want to run the ball more. How appealing is that for a receiver on a one year prove deal that may be nothing more than a slot receiver in The Ravens offense ?

Blog Entries

Jordy Nelson was hurt last year and Rodgers didn't miss a beat. So I think that assessment was fair.

When was he hurt? He played all 16 games last year and got better as the knee got better. Are you talking about 2015 when Rodgers was struggling and Nelson missed th entire season with a blown acl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    The Ravens stated that they wanted to get more bigger on the offensive line which mean more physical and also means that they may be moving more to a power blocking scheme. Ricky Wagner run blocking not only was average but he fits a zone blocking scheme better than anything so not only would The Ravens be over paying a right tackle that doesn't necessary fit their blocking scheme but they would be spending 9 million or more on right tackle that's doesn't even give them a boast run blocking wise for a team that wants to be more of a run first offense or atleast get back to running the ball more.What about The Ravens offense would make Kendall Wright agent consider a deal from The Ravens when 1)he knows they have first round receiver they are high on ,2) they have bunch of talent at the tight end position which may mean more two tight ends sets involved in the passing game and 3) they want to run the ball more. How appealing is that for a receiver on a one year prove deal that may be nothing more than a slot receiver in The Ravens offense ?
    Where is all this talent at Te? They have a lot of guys on the roster I wouldn't call them talented tho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    When was he hurt? He played all 16 games last year and got better as the knee got better. Are you talking about 2015 when Rodgers was struggling and Nelson missed th entire season with a blown acl?
    Shhhh...those facts conflict with the propaganda being advanced...

Blog Entries

Where is all this talent at Te? They have a lot of guys on the roster I wouldn't call them talented tho
    The patriots have gronk and they go and acquire Bennett last year and Allen this year.

Oh and despite Brady, who "elevates" players...they STILL TRADED for Cooks.

So posters, please don't feed the bullshit about not needing playmakers if your QB is God's gift.

Because Brady and Rodgers still get surrounded with talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The WR corp in GB is full of 2nd Rd draft picks. Nelson. Cobb. Adams. Even montgomery is a 3rd Rd pick.

They just signed Bennett at TE.

They surrounded Rodgers with weapons. They've invested in the offense.

You are being intellectually dishonest.

Are you employed by the Ravens?

Their OL is putrid and they've lost 3 interior starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Shhhh...those facts conflict with the propaganda being advanced...

Yes, with Nelson going down in 2015, Rodgers threw for 600 yards less and 9 TDs less...and a rating over 10 points less.
    Also they scored 60 points less...hmmmmmmm...
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

I think Maxx Williams, Crockett Gillmore, Nick Boyle, and even Darren Waller are talented tight ends. They are not proven but the upside is definitely there. The Ravens have to see what they have in Maxx Williams and Crockett Gillmore this year because that's their second and third round pick and they weren't drafted in those rounds for nothing.It' not like Williams and Gillmore have shown absolutely nothing on the field either but they need to stay healthy and hopefully Greg Roman can get more out of them.. I only look at Dennis Pitta and Ben Watson as reliable pass catchers but don't think both will make the final 53 man roster unless something bad happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    How do you come to this comparison?

Matt Skura from Duke played with Acc competiion.

Tyler Orlosky played in the big 12, way better completion. The guy was a redshirt guard, 3 year starter and team captain. He sure seems a hell of a lot more NFL ready than Skura.
    Bullshit. What outstanding defenses did Orlovsky play? How many 1st rounder DT's did he square off against?

Orlovsky's critique was he needs to add functional strength. Same as Skura.

That's one of the big reasons they weren't drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    "Lied to" is the wrong phrase IMO.

Listen, I say this every damn year, players have a say in where they go. It isn't one of those things where the agent randomly knocks on a FA's door and says "Hey, you're going to this team for X number of dollars."

Players can pick and choose from multiple offers.

As fans, we'll never outright know if the sentence "Ravens are interested in ______________." means that they've submitted an offer to them or if they're just calling the agent to see what the player is looking for (both in terms of dollars and opportunity).

Corey Graham is a good example. We know the Ravens were trying to keep him, but he left and signed with Buffalo. Why? Because he is FROM Buffalo, NY and they were his childhood team.

Terrance West had multiple offers from other teams before signing with Baltimore's practice squad. Why? Because the Ravens were his team as a kid and how great of an opportunity is it for the kid to be able to suit up in his home town like that?

Tony Jefferson turned down more $$$ from Cleveland to come to Baltimore. Why? Because Baltimore has a history of great defenses and Jefferson wanted to play with Eric Weddle.

Maybe a lot of players out there don't want to play for John Harbaugh. Maybe Alshon Jeffery chose Philly over Baltimore because he wouldn't be competing for touches in Philly whereas in Baltimore he'd be contending with Pitta, Perriman, and Wallace?

It's just so hard to say.

I don't believe that they "lied to us" (btw - that is an incredibly immature perspective). I just don't think that this off-season worked out like they anticipated it. That is pretty evident in the draft when Davis, Williams, and Ross all came off the board in the Top-10 picks. Ozzie and DeCosta clearly weren't expecting that.
    Great explanation.