Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Humphrey is Signed

Humphrey became just the second 1st round pick to sign his contract, Christian McCaffrey beat him by a couple of hours. Interesting that both had fathers who played in the NFL. I remember Bobby Humphrey ruining his career over a holdout with the Broncos. Guess he told his son not to make the same mistake that he did. Bowser, Siragusa, Eleumunor and Clark are also now under contract. I guess that leaves Tim Williams as the only one left. Great job by the Front Office to get this done

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...arlon-humphrey

Re: Humphrey is Signed

so far the only 2 left are Chris Wormley and Tim Williams. It's great that they are signing early. Less issues and easier to tell what our EXACT cap situation will be. They have an idea before they sign but the numbers can change here n there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    so far the only 2 left are Chris Wormley and Tim Williams. It's great that they are signing early. Less issues and easier to tell what our EXACT cap situation will be. They have an idea before they sign but the numbers can change here n there.
    Excellent job by our FO so far. I'm not worried about Wormley, IMO he will sign within a reasonable period of time. My concern is Tim Williams. I don't have to go over his past history, and hopefully his ego isn't out of whack with reality, but he may be the toughest nut to crack. Hope not, but let's see... Bc

Blog Entries

Just sign the contract Tim. You need all of the help you can get. You already cost yourself millions. Don't make it worse.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Am I mis-remembering or haven't our 3rd round picks in the past had some issues with signing their contracts as quick as the other picks?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Am I mis-remembering or haven't our 3rd round picks in the past had some issues with signing their contracts as quick as the other picks?
    Been talking to Mark McGwire lately huh?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Probably not, but Tim Williams "may" think he's the equivalent to a #1 draft choice and "may" give us some grief signing a contract. Hope not though... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Probably not, but Tim Williams "may" think he's the equivalent to a #1 draft choice and "may" give us some grief signing a contract. Hope not though... Bc
    Which, if true, would be part of the reason he slipped to Rd 3 in the first place, but it's way too early for any opinion to be set.

If memory serves, the rookie wage scale makes these contracts pretty standard. However, there's something negotiable for guys drafted in the 3rd round, which is why their contracts sometimes take slightly longer...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    If memory serves, the rookie wage scale makes these contracts pretty standard. However, there's something negotiable for guys drafted in the 3rd round, which is why their contracts sometimes take slightly longer...
    There are very few negotiable items: offset language (the ability for the team to recover guaranteed money if the player is released and signs elsewhere), bonus payment terms, roster bonus allocations and other miscellaneous structural issues.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/04/nfl-ro...cts-cba-agents

One thing this CBA did was try to equal out the pay for players in Rounds 3 through 7 who may out-perform their contracts. Players drafted in these rounds have a non-negotiable escalator called the Proven Performance Escalator. Players selected in Round 1 and 2 or undrafted free agents are not eligible for this incentive.

Players qualify for this bump in salary in year four of their contract if they participate in a minimum of 35 percent of their club’s offensive or defensive plays in two of his first three regular seasons. A player can also qualify for the escalator if he has a cumulative average of at least 35 percent of his club’s offensive or defensive plays over all three seasons.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ookie-contract

AFAIK the only thing really negotiable is the UDFA signing bonus, and they don't have a lot of leverage there, unless your name is Vontaze Burfict or Michael McAdoo (suplimental undrafted supplimental 2011 - Ravens who won that competition and got a first game pro payday....
    Doesn't look like we handed out any extra cash, but Cheatriots gave Harvey Langi LB Brigham Young a $115,000 guarantee and Jacob Hollister TE Wyoming $90,000, DJ Killings CB Central Fla $31,000, Cody Hollister WR Arkansas $10,000
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/undrafted-free-agents/
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It's slotted now since the rookie cap. The conditions can be an issue. That's what happened with Bosa last year which caused a rare holdout. The money though is set

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's slotted now since the rookie cap. The conditions can be an issue. That's what happened with Bosa last year which caused a rare holdout. The money though is set
    I'm interested to see how long it takes Mike Williams to sign with San Diego. Did he sign yet?