Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast

What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

This is the draft profile for a WR who is already on the team. Any guesses who it is?

Strengths:
    Former basketball player. Has good speed and twitch for a big receiver. Can win in space and has tremendous ability to track the ball over his shoulder on deep throws. Has learned to vary route speed to help with separation on slants. Outstanding physical traits for the position. Sinks hips and sits down on route quickly for a receiver his size. Better acceleration than cornerbacks expect on free release. Can get to top speed quickly and has touchdown catches of 72, 81 and 90 yards over last two seasons. Has the body type to overwhelm small cornerbacks. Fights through initial contact after the catch and will grind out tough yards. Slimmed down entering 2014 and put up big numbers in pass-happy offense.

Weaknesses
    Has limited playing experience. Needs to learn to use his hands more effectively against press coverage. Can be held up off release by smaller corners, despite size. Unsound fundamentals as a hands-catcher. Had 13 drops in 2014. Will trap ball against body and struggle with focus drops. Basic route runner at this stage. Below-average separation out of breaks. Predictable releases off snap allow cornerbacks to manipulate his routes. Inconsistent effort as run blocker if he doesn't square defender up. No dynamic traits near line of scrimmage, including after the catch.

Draft Projection
    Round 4

NFL Comparison
    Aaron Dobson

Bottom Line
    Evaluators seem sure that ____ is a moldable piece of clay who can become substantially better as a pro with more coaching and experience. ______ clearly needs work with some of the basic fundamentals for the position, but with his size and an ability to win vertically, he has a high ceiling. He might need a redshirt year before he is ready to contribute consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

I would've guessed Darren Waller, but I checked cheated and that's not it.

Blog Entries

Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Chris Moore? The only problem is who ever it is has the same problem as all our receivers. Unsound as a hand catcher, lots of drops traps ball against body bad separation.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    This is the draft profile for a WR who is already on the team. Any guesses who it is?

Strengths:
    Former basketball player. Has good speed and twitch for a big receiver. Can win in space and has tremendous ability to track the ball over his shoulder on deep throws. Has learned to vary route speed to help with separation on slants. Outstanding physical traits for the position. Sinks hips and sits down on route quickly for a receiver his size. Better acceleration than cornerbacks expect on free release. Can get to top speed quickly and has touchdown catches of 72, 81 and 90 yards over last two seasons. Has the body type to overwhelm small cornerbacks. Fights through initial contact after the catch and will grind out tough yards. Slimmed down entering 2014 and put up big numbers in pass-happy offense.

Weaknesses
    Has limited playing experience. Needs to learn to use his hands more effectively against press coverage. Can be held up off release by smaller corners, despite size. Unsound fundamentals as a hands-catcher. Had 13 drops in 2014. Will trap ball against body and struggle with focus drops. Basic route runner at this stage. Below-average separation out of breaks. Predictable releases off snap allow cornerbacks to manipulate his routes. Inconsistent effort as run blocker if he doesn't square defender up. No dynamic traits near line of scrimmage, including after the catch.

Draft Projection
    Round 4

NFL Comparison
    Aaron Dobson

Bottom Line
    Evaluators seem sure that ____ is a moldable piece of clay who can become substantially better as a pro with more coaching and experience. ______ clearly needs work with some of the basic fundamentals for the position, but with his size and an ability to win vertically, he has a high ceiling. He might need a redshirt year before he is ready to contribute consistently.

I remember this one. My local comp for him was Aaron Mallette-light. The "light" applied to his skill set.

He has an awesome physical build, but if you combined Torrey and Waller, you get this guy's awkwardness.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I remember this one. My local comp for him was Aaron Mallette-light. The "light" applied to his skill set.

He has an awesome physical build, but if you combined Torrey and Waller, you get this guy's awkwardness.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    In view of the above, we have 2 (overdrafted?) castoffs from the Browns former regime on our current offense.

One is the starting RB.

That's...probably not ideal.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If he blows up and goes crazy would he net Philly a comp pick? Or does the player have to be there for a certain amount of time? Seems Philly could end up getting him for basically nothing. I think he's in a system that fits him now. Just seems like a waste especially with the WRs that got drafted right after him. Robinson especially.

Once Jerrnigan committes that 1st bonehead PF or fumbles a return the Philly fans will turn on him.

Strengths:

Weaknesses

Draft Projection
    Round 4

NFL Comparison
    Aaron Dobson

Bottom Line

His last name consistently reminds me of Super Smash Bros. lol

Blog Entries

Bottom Line
    Well, that leaves out the Ravens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well, that leaves out the Ravens... Bc
    Lol well-played Bc, well-played.

10. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

LOL, nobody's going to give the correct answer?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    LOL, nobody's going to give the correct answer?
    Vince Mayle

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    Vince Mayle

Correct!