Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Moore

Question Chris Moore

Much has been said about the Ravens FO inability this off-season to add play-makers to an offense that was completely bereft of play-making ability last season. We can talk all day about why that may have happened, what circumstances caused that, or what the FO was thinking. In fact, we have talked about it all day pretty much every day so far this off-season. What I want to do is talk a little bit about a guy that is something of an unknown on this roster that appears to be a guy the FO is leaning on. Let's talk a little bit about Chris Moore, the other young prospect at WR on the roster.

I don't know much about him, but here's what I think from just a little bit of research on him. From looking at his college numbers it's pretty clear he has a knack for getting deep and getting behind the defense. From looking at his highlights it looks like he does a good job of attacking the ball in the air, and winning contested catches. From looking at his old draft prospect profiles it seems like the big knock on him was that he was raw, and that he would need to work on expanding his route tree. I also vaguely remember Steve Smith saying some really positive things about him. However, I don't really know much about him. So, I'm curious what this message board of astute football fans thoughts on the guy are. What do you all think about him? Can he become a big play weapon for us this year? Will he step it up with an actual opportunity this season at 3rd on the depth chart? I'm looking forward to your responses.

Re: Chris Moore

I'm a fan

Blog Entries

Almost every player in the NFL was great in college. That's just not enough. They need to step up and prove that they belong on this level.

I hope he's good, he just brings back memories of every wide reciever fans think is the answer. I.E. Tandon Doss,

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I was a fan when they drafted him . I really think he will take a big step this year.

Blog Entries

Chris Moore is more of a vertical WR with deceptive speed that can make big plays. If either Perriman or Wallace get hurt, based on his skill-set, I would peg him more as the next guy up behind them, than the key Slot WR the team is looking for. The Sword has anointed Chris Moore already. Thus, he is destined to overcome his rookie troubles. He is a slightly more polished version of the type of late round WR the Ravens go for (Although I know Moore was taken in the fourth, I was making a comparison). If he is forced into the slot role, I don't think you will see the best of him. If he steps into a vertical role to replace an injured Mike Wallace or Breshad Perriman, for the sake of example, I think you will see his abilities more on display.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I never had much hope for Doss...

Tommy Streeter anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Tommy Streeter anyone?
    "They both run fast" is the extent of the similarities there.

Wouldn't be surprised if you checked the stats and he had more drops than catches last year.

Ace special teamer though!

11. Re: Chris Moore

I was high on him when we picked him, still like him a lot despite the rough rookie year.
    But I like him as a wideout, not sold on him in the slot. I see him competing for the #2 spot after Perriman takes over the #1, next year. But this year, he's here for ST and to be our starters' & Campanaro's backup, so basically the #4. And unless we go spread more than we ever have, the #4 isn't going to do much in this offense. But maybe he can score another ST TD again.
    I'm not expecting much from him this season, but the next one, I'm hoping he'll be ready, and that Breshad will be ready too. I don't see Wallace here in 2018, but who knows with this team, lol.

12. Re: Chris Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    I never had much hope for Doss...
    I did.
    Until we needed him in 2013, and it was clear he hadn't prepared like he should have.
    I kept thinking you're lucky if you get one shot at this, so when the opportunity comes, you better be ready, and this fool wasn't even trying to be ready.
    I was glad when we cut him (again)
    He's done nothing since and is already out of the league.