Page 60 of 330 FirstFirst ... 5859606162 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Since at least 2013, we've drafted multiple Senior Bowlers each year... Wagner, Juice, BWill, Carl Davis, Boyle, Kaufasi, Canaday, Dixon, TYoung, Chris Moore, Sirigusa, Bowser, Wormley--missed a few, I'm sure.

I'm thinking that we should pay even closer attention to the rosters this year.
    Invites started about 2-3 weeks ago FWIW.

For the new folks, we run a pretty good Senior Bowl thread each year at RSR.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Since at least 2013, we've drafted multiple Senior Bowlers each year... Wagner, Juice, BWill, Carl Davis, Canaday, Dixon, TYoung, Boyle, Sirigusa, Chris Moore, et al.

Some solid mid-round hits in there too (Wags, Juice, Bwill, Canady, Dixon looked good until injuries, Tavon, Boyle)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3. Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Since at least 2013, we've drafted multiple Senior Bowlers each year... Wagner, Juice, BWill, Carl Davis, Boyle, Kaufasi, Canaday, Dixon, TYoung, Chris Moore, Sirigusa, Bowser, Wormley--missed a few, I'm sure.

Great point.... I'll get in the boat with you on Penny, both of us liked Hunt last year. Believe Pumphrey kept him from seeing a lot more play....but he flashed for sure whenever Pumphrey went to the sidelines.

Sutton, Royce Freeman, Dallas Goedert, Michael Gallup, Frank Ragnow all have accepted....Ragnow and Goedert are early favorites of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Great point.... I'll get in the boat with you on Penny, both of us liked Hunt last year. Believe Pumphrey kept him from seeing a lot more play....but he flashed for sure whenever Pumphrey went to the sidelines.

Sutton, Royce Freeman, Dallas Goedert, Michael Gallup, Frank Ragnow all have accepted....Ragnow and Goedert are early favorites of mine.

Fraaaaank! Lol...love that guy.

But how 'bout that huh? Behind 2,100 yard rusher Pumphrey in 2016, Penny did this...

151 touches
    1242 yards
    8.2 yards per touch
    14 TDs
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Here's your next Baltimore Raven!

- He's from Michigan
    - He's a DT
    - He's projected mid first round

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ss-rushing-dt/

It just makes too much sense!!

Fraaaaank! Lol...love that guy.

But how 'bout that huh? Behind 2,100 yard rusher Pumphrey in 2016, Penny did this...

151 touches
    1242 yards
    8.2 yards per touch
    14 TDs
    1. Bryce Love
    2. Rashaad Penny

gimme one

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    1. Bryce Love
    2. Rashaad Penny

gimme one
    Love may be available in the 2nd b/c of size.

Penny may be available in the 3rd-comp range b/c quite a few GMs are dumb.

@BigPlayReceiver

Love may be available in the 2nd b/c of size.

Penny may be available in the 3rd-comp range b/c quite a few GMs are dumb.
    ...and Rd 2/3 is where I would draft a RB in general.

He was left off the Doak Walker list, can you believe that? They only took Love, Barkley and Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    ...and Rd 2/3 is where I would draft a RB in general.

He was left off the Doak Walker list, can you believe that? They only took Love, Barkley and Taylor.
    That Power-5 bias

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I mostly agree. I think one WR, TE, OL starter obtained with high draft choices are necessary.
    I'd like to see what Collins brings over these last 6 games. That's enough time for an assessment. That may determine if we go RB early or not. As usmc posted "I agree that Collins can be productive back behind a good OL, I just don't see him as a game changer. I like him... Just not as the guy for what this team's philosophy has been" We will see if he's right and if Ozzie thinks somewhat the way we do come late April 2018... Bc
    I see Collins as a 1,000+ yard back, no question. He leads the league in yards per carry average right now and he's not even running behind our best OL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We need help EVERYWHERE on offense. The last thing we should be doing is trading away any picks to move up. The Ravens should just select the best guy on the board who falls to them on offense during the first 3 rounds. QB, RB, WR, TE, C, G, T, we need to upgrade everything except for LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    We need help EVERYWHERE on offense. The last thing we should be doing is trading away any picks to move up. The Ravens should just select the best guy on the board who falls to them on offense during the first 3 rounds. QB, RB, WR, TE, C, G, T, we need to upgrade everything except for LT.
    I do not agree. Our team needs offensive play-makers, and if it means trading up to secure one or two of them, then so be it. I don't want another bus-load of average Joe's (no Flacco intention there). Remember the Cowboys trading up to snatch Dez away from us... and the Pats trading up to snatch Gronk away from us? Let's not have a repeat... Bc