Page 288 of 330 FirstFirst ... 286287288289290 ... LastLast
Results 3,445 to 3,456 of 3951
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Watch the Patriots shock everyone and trade up top 5 for Baker Mayfield.

I could see them doing it with the Giants or Browns at 4
    They would have to go to 2 to do it. He’s gone at three to the Jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    They don't have enough ammunition. Everyone knows the Pats will always have nothing but late first round picks.

We could and should trade up to 5 though. If a QB the bills like falls to 5? We could trade with them from 5 and get more picks plus a better pick than we originally had at 16
    They have 2 1st round picks and 2 second round picks how much more ammo do they need?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Watch the Patriots shock everyone and trade up top 5 for Baker Mayfield.

I could see them doing it with the Giants or Browns at 4
    With the way people are talking, it would be far less expensive in draft capital to just trade to around 9-10 and take Josh Rosen.

Blog Entries

Brian Billick
    Verified account @CoachBillick
    32m

Seems like a good time to remind everyone...Nobody knows anything.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Here’s Why Drafting Saquon Barkley Could Be A Mistake
    He looks like a star, but workhorse running backs aren’t as valuable in the modern NFL.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...mpression=true

Excerpt:

In any study of the NFL draft, you expect to reach two conclusions if teams are successfully identifying players who will do well in the NFL and making smart picks as a result: You would see that players drafted in higher rounds are more likely to be successful, and that higher picks tend to get more opportunities to play. In most cases, a first-round pick will be given time to prove his worth, while a seventh-round pick is fortunate just to make the team.

Yet when we broke down the numbers for running backs who were drafted between 2002 and 2017 and who actually played in the NFL, we did not find much difference in performance from round to round. No matter when backs were drafted, they posted pretty similar numbers in terms of yards per carry and rushing Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average (an efficiency metric explained <here>).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots' interest in Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is "legit."

Jackson had two separate workouts with the Patriots this draft season, holding a private one in South Florida with OC Josh McDaniels and then visiting the organization on a top-30 visit in Foxboro. The Patriots, holding pick Nos. 23 and 31 in the first round, probably aren't going to have the desired firepower to move up to the top 10 of the draft, so they could be eyeing second-tier passers like Jackson and Mason Rudolph in the second half of the first round. Still, New England would probably have to come up some to take Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    They have 2 1st round picks and 2 second round picks how much more ammo do they need?

An early-mid first round pick or one next year but im sure Denver knows new England will be picking in the 20's again.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots' interest in Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is "legit."

Jackson had two separate workouts with the Patriots this draft season, holding a private one in South Florida with OC Josh McDaniels and then visiting the organization on a top-30 visit in Foxboro. The Patriots, holding pick Nos. 23 and 31 in the first round, probably aren't going to have the desired firepower to move up to the top 10 of the draft, so they could be eyeing second-tier passers like Jackson and Mason Rudolph in the second half of the first round. Still, New England would probably have to come up some to take Jackson.
    Scenarios are fun

Get their #23 and #31 at the least.
    If the Board looks good at #23, trade down further in the 1st, or into the 2nd.
    After that, you still have an option of moving up from #31 with #83.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Jeff DarlingtonVerified account @JeffDarlington 6m6 minutes agoMore

I just spoke to Bills GM Brandon Beane. Key takeaways:- He absolutely believes they have ammo to get to No. 2 without giving up much in future years — but might not need to go that high to get their guy.- He does covet at least one QB as a franchise guy.- This could be fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Here’s Why Drafting Saquon Barkley Could Be A Mistake
    He looks like a star, but workhorse running backs aren’t as valuable in the modern NFL.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...mpression=true

Excerpt:
    Especially first rounders.

This little tidbit: 7 of the last 13 superbowl champion teams were lead by UDFA running back

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Especially first rounders.

This little tidbit: 7 of the last 13 superbowl champion teams were lead by UDFA running back
    Reckon we'll have three Day 3 RBs on the final 2018 roster, so that's close

@BigPlayReceiver

Open Letter to Ozzie,

If you are NOT sold on a can't-miss WR in the first round, drop the DE/LB "stuff" and build the OL for Flacco's last stand. The highest-rated center is not sexy, but the trenches are where it is at by being strong up the middle and having a solid ground game to compliment the passing attack.

Ciao 2018