Page 62 of 330 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    The RB issue is meaningless if there's nobody catching the ball that can stretch the field vertically and horizontally.

TE and WR are way higher priorities for me. I think the current Ravens talent level at RB is significantly higher than those positions.
    I would certainly target TE/WR in round one. I've got more trust in the Ravens taking a TE (despite Maxx Williams).

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I would agree, and add hopefully Dixon will come back clean and healthy. Collins/Dixon/West/Allen (assuming Woodhead is gone) seems enough RB firepower to look elsewhere (unless a prime RB falls) in the offensive draft mix... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. Collins, Dixon, and Buck is a nice trio.

I just wish they'd go with the hot hand and let them run the ball. One of my biggest gripes about MM is he subs in and our WAY too frequently.

Collins runs it for 10 yards and then he gets subbed out for Buck. Then Buck gets subbed back out after 2 plays.

How can anyone establish a rhythm that way
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I could live with Dixon and Collins, hot hand approach. I'd personally bring in a 3rd-4th round guy and compete with Buck.

If Collins can go the rest of this year without fumbling I think he'll have tucked those concerns away a little bit. I can see Collins being an RB1. The thing is that if we could pass more effectively it would empty the box and that would give Collins more 1 on 1's.

Weeks ago teams weren't gameplanning for him, but now he's getting gang tackled and we can't throw it to keep the defense honest.
    I cant remember what RB it was that was discussing the hot hand approach and the constant subs, but he said he completely throws off their game, they need that rhythm to keep chipping away at the defense. The constant subbing set him back. And I can completely see how that is.

I like Collins, but I don't see him as a transcendent talent or anything that's going to completely change this offense. I also feel the same way about Dixon, couple that with an injury history and his 6 game suspension, just don't trust him.

Derrius Guice
    Nick Chubb
    Bryce Love
    Ralph Webb

I hope we grab one of these guys and behind a solid OL I think we could really see a change next year.

Edit* I did forget that he has already served his suspension, we lucked out there.
    Last edited by usmccharles; 11-22-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I cant remember what RB it was that was discussing the hot hand approach and the constant subs, but he said he completely throws off their game, they need that rhythm to keep chipping away at the defense. The constant subbing set him back. And I can completely see how that is.

I like Collins, but I don't see him as a transcendent talent or anything that's going to completely change this offense. I also feel the same way about Dixon, couple that with an injury history and his 4 game suspension, just don't trust him.

Derrius Guice
    Nick Chubb
    Bryce Love
    Ralph Webb

I hope we grab one of these guys and behind a solid OL I think we could really see a change next year.
    Guice is the same player as Collins but bigger.

Tbf I disagree with your assesment of Collins and Dixon. I think Collins abd Dixon can both become top 10 backs. I think we are actually set at RB for the first time in a while. Buck Allen deserves more credit than he gets aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Guice is the same player as Collins but bigger.

Tbf I disagree with your assesment of Collins and Dixon. I think Collins abd Dixon can both become top 10 backs. I think we are actually set at RB for the first time in a while. Buck Allen deserves more credit than he gets aswell.
    I hope your right, I just don't see the playmaking ability that Rice had, not even close. I will say that Dixon did surprise me when he ran, when he seemed like he was down, somehow he got another 3-4 yards or so. I am more concerned about his health and suspension

Blog Entries

I hope your right, I just don't see the playmaking ability that Rice had, not even close. I will say that Dixon did surprise me when he ran, when he seemed like he was down, somehow he got another 3-4 yards or so. I am more concerned about his health and suspension
    Didn't he catch another suspension while out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Didn't he catch another suspension while out?

According to rotoworld it says that he served his six game suspension while on IR but I swore I thought he was going to miss the first 4 games next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

According to rotoworld it says that he served his six game suspension while on IR but I swore I thought he was going to miss the first 4 games next year

I thought he got a 4 game PED and then while hurt/suspended it cameout that he caught another two games for a failed drug test (I'd guess weed but I'm not sure they ever said)

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I thought he got a 4 game PED and then while hurt/suspended it cameout that he caught another two games for a failed drug test (I'd guess weed but I'm not sure they ever said)

From what I read we both are correct, started out four then they added two. Per espn ilhe is good to go. At the beginning of next year with no issues

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Nelson is my guy, that's who I want by far the most in round 1 assuming we are picking around the middle of the first.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If Dixon stays healthy and out of trouble I think he can be very good.

I also think Collins can be quite good as well. The problem with Collins is they stack the box and he can't break 3 tackles. He's been gang tackled a lot more in the last few weeks now that teams know he's a threat.

For example on his 21 yard catch on Sunday he only had one guy on him, he breaks the tackle right away and scampers for YAC.

using him in the passing game and getting those 1 on 1's would actually be pretty smart.

I'd use a mid-round pick on a RB, but I'd much rather use an early round pick on WR, TE and OL. However, it obviously depends who's available.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nelson is my guy, that's who I want by far the most in round 1 assuming we are picking around the middle of the first.
    Welcome to the Nelson bandwagon, my friend.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I know people hate the "two year plan" talk and for the record, I don't believe in it, BUT could you imagine if they focused on the offense this offseason?

The best part about our defense is the core of the defense is pretty much in tact for next year. The only position that really needs improvement is the ILB spot beside Mosely (assuming we do sign Mosely, which I suspect we will).

If they treated the O this offseason like they did the Dlast offseason I truly think this team could be quite good next year.
    - Ray Lewis