Page 268 of 330 FirstFirst ... 266267268269270 ... LastLast
Results 3,205 to 3,216 of 3951

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports the Browns have "considered" drafting a quarterback with both the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks.

It is highly unlikely this actually happens, but that does not mean it is a bad idea. The success rate of even first-round quarterbacks is shockingly low, but taking two of the top quarterbacks would give Cleveland a decent shot at landing one long-term starter. If both pan out, they would also have a valuable trade chip to acquire future assets. That said, developing one quarterback is difficult enough, and it would be a challenge to find enough practice reps for Tyrod Taylor and two rookies. Still, the fact the Browns have even considering an out-of-the-box idea like this is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports the Browns have "considered" drafting a quarterback with both the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With my GM-hat on, if among my staff and Vea (as per a facility visit, let's say), I was convinced that Vea can drop 20-25 lbs before summer camp then I'd be all in on him at #16.

I'm ALLLLL about interior pressure, but to save myself from a long post, I don't see nearly enough quickness from Vea for him to succeed as an interior rusher.
    His pad level can be fixed, but I'd need a "I'll do anything to get on the field, sir" type of commitment on a big weight-drop for him to be my guy at #16.

Other than that, Pierce's pass rush productivity* (as per PFF) is as good as Ngata's ever was at DT. Yup. True story.
    Pierce just needs more snaps, and having Pierce and Ngata v2.0 sharing snaps is a poor outcome/result vs. the value of #16.

* The percentage of pass rush snaps that a DT gets a sack, hit or hurry (with sacks weighed the heaviest)
    Honest question, where are you seeing a lack of speed on Vea? If anything he seems freakishly fast for someone his size.

“In addition to the rare size, both players possess unnaturally light feet and quickness for someone of their weight which makes them highly coveted NFL draft prospects.” Haloti/Vea comparison from PFF.

Are you talking about burst speed? It just seems by every measurable he’s got speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Honest question, where are you seeing a lack of speed on Vea? If anything he seems freakishly fast for someone his size.

“In addition to the rare size, both players possess unnaturally light feet and quickness for someone of their weight which makes them highly coveted NFL draft prospects.” Haloti/Vea comparison from PFF.

Are you talking about burst speed? It just seems by every measurable he’s got speed.

I said quickness in my post, so IOW 'burst at the snap' is what I'm not seeing.

But I agree with you on speed. Very freaky.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Going to be real interested in how the Dolphins and Bills act since they both need a QB and Miami picks first. Oh and this...

John Elway announced the fifth overall pick is for sale.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Going to be real interested in how the Dolphins and Bills act since they both need a QB and Miami picks first. Oh and this...

I got $20 in my wallet!

Most careers are less than 10 Years. Does it really matter if a guy is 6 months older?
    No.

But it matters if a guy is 2-3 YEARS older, like DJ Moore vs Ridley, or James Daniels vs I guess Mason Cole.

wrong thred
    Last edited by HbgPARavenfan; 04-20-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Gaspari's OLD Myofusion Vanilla in milk was literally the best drink of any kind I ever had. It was amazing...then they started mucking with it...adding "Digestive enzymes" in later formulations and all it did was give me GI issues....i felt betrayed

Blog Entries

Wonder if Gase would trade Tannehill?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    wrong thred
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    LMAO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    No.

But it matters if a guy is 2-3 YEARS older, like DJ Moore vs Ridley, or James Daniels vs I guess Mason Cole.
    Or Hayden Hurst vs Ian Thomas or Mike Gesicki.